(shouting)

Base ROM Inclusions

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Re: Base ROM Inclusions

Post by swirlybomb »

Hey, I just happened to notice that in 'Who made that level.txt', my username and level name ('Swirlybomb' and 'Ye Olde Spookhouse' (level 00A), respectively) are switched around. Just a minor fix.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote: I think we went over the tile properties before, but it won't hurt to insert a Map16 page again. Thanks!
Ah my bad, I must have forgotten about that. I thought this base rom was newer. ^_^'

Here's some small updates for the base rom:

1. Certain levels that use HDMA for background can cause graphical glitches when getting a game over. Just try to get a game over (or time up for that matter) on Vehicle to Moscow. The reason for this is that the HDMA enables aren't reset. To resolve this please insert this line of code in "Mode7Gameover.asm" after line 34:

Code: Select all

STZ $0D9F ; clear all HDMA transfers via shadow register

2. I've found out how to properly eliminate the HUD in level mode 1 ($0D9B = $01) setting. The thing is, that the setting works but the static part of the HUD isn't cleared by itself. In order to do this changing the code in levelinitcode.asm (for levelDA) & chest.asm required a small update. I've uploaded the contents and chest.asm files for your insertion ease. Now that I think of it I could do an update and insert some static text messages in the HUD's place explaining this is the treasure room and how to select/exit the place.
Attachments
RemoveHud_Level0DA.zip
contains levelinitcode.asm for level$0DA and small update on chest.asm.
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Considering that the title screen graphic and music exist... I suppose we should look into putting them in by now? haha~
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Diortem

Post by Diortem »

Chestdata.txt in BaseRom 3.11 is still broken. Perhaps you should run it without insert.bat as that automated bat file Chibikko made causes the user to miss error reports generated by the tool.

Someone inserted the following errors:

-level $25 (37 decimal) is used, but that is not a valid OW level.
-Item name of level $21 is 1 character too long. "removing the 's' on position 5 is the easiest way to resolve this.

I'll make a new version of the bat & tool so the bat file will pause on error leaving the log on-screen.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

+ Sublevel 1BF crashes because the song was removed; + it used a removed sample bank
+ 1C6's background is fixed
+ Lakitrouble in the Lakitundra was fixed
+ Moonlit Mountain's secondary exits are fixed
+ Phase Out's sublevel 7E's entrance was fixed
+ 1C6's glitchy fireball graphics are fixed
+ 161's music is fixed
+ 124's graphics/Map16 are fixed
+ All issues currently mentioned (as of this post) in "Final Tweaking of Inserted Levels" thread have been fixed or are addressed
+ Cirno's and Septentrion Pleiades's Switch Palace sublevel (022) is inserted
+ Spitznagl's level (016) is updated
+ Frozelar's Switch Palace sublevels (0AB and 0F8) are inserted
+ Fireyblaze's level (010) is inserted
+ Level 025 is removed from Chestdata.txt and Level 021's treasure name is shortened

- Mad Science Laboratory's thwomps need to be fixed (I have no idea what the problem could be)
- Insert graphics for chest items

Download A2MT 3.12 here
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:
- Mad Science Laboratory's thwomps need to be fixed (I have no idea what the problem could be)
- Insert graphics for chest items

Download A2MT 3.12 here
- Many of the message text blocks are missing.

- Cannot Jesus while Sakuya.

I greatly awaited this. One thing is that I was hoping for OW entrances to the switch palaces, even though they are not final yet. I have to sleep and work tomorrow.
Gwaur

Post by Gwaur »

Hi guys!

I see my level (11F, music slot 8A) had some music issues that crashed the game. First, of course, thank you for fixing it for me. Second, would someone tell me what was wrong, so I can avoid it in the future? I wrote the music file by hand, learning the markup language by studying other music files, so it's quite possible that I left something important out.
Suzumiya Haruhi is my wife. Oh yeah, she has interest in me!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

You should PM your original music files to Wyatt and ask what was wrong because I don't remember what it was.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

The new base rom needs quite a few entrances on the OW on the overworld. Each of the switch palaces and Nezumi's Farmland comes to mind.
So how is the new baserom coming along?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah, all that stuff should be in the next version. Also, things are moving slowly, so I don't know when it'll be done.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

so, uhm, how long has the CMS not been working?
I've tried looking up the whole list of levels and gfx files to get some overworld going.

I guess I can look up the levels in the level thread, but we still need the ow GFX to be inserted at 80-FF.
(They aren't all completed yet, but we still need the space)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The wiki was moved to http://asmtinfo.tk/.