(shouting)

Is there anything else to work on?

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Daizo

Is there anything else to work on?

Post by Daizo »

I understand that the levels are finished, but is there anything else that is ether graphics related that I could help with?

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
limepie20

Re: Is there anything else to work on?

Post by limepie20 »

Ask Paralars if he needs help with .bin-izing overworld graphics. I think it would really help if you did that. We also need a graphics tileset for the main overworld. You can help build the overworld, too. That would be super awesome.
This isn't graphics related, but you can make a sibling hall level.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

What we got to do --

The overworld, which paralars said he would do
The last world, which Franky said he would do
I think the last level we're waiting after otherwise is from shdwdrgnx, and the credit level.
The sibbling halls, which were started but only one got finished, and a lot kind of just... seems to have shown no progress (I'm guilty of this one too, but I got discouraged by the no progress of the other ones :/)

Once this is done all we would have left is assemble it together

also anonymousbloodlust's thing, but that's at the end so should be easy enoguh to 'fit' in at the end.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

limepie20 wrote:Ask Paralars if he needs help with .bin-izing overworld graphics. I think it would really help if you did that. We also need a graphics tileset for the main overworld. You can help build the overworld, too. That would be super awesome.
This isn't graphics related, but you can make a sibling hall level.
I am quite decent with overworlds actually. I never actually made a main overworld before but I am sure I can poll that off (also did create castle graphics before for someone elses hack). So I'll go ask if Paralars needs a little help. :)

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

You are the man. Thanks so much.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

I guess Paralars is ignoring my message as it is like spam in a can. :cry: Oh well...
raocow wrote:The sibbling halls, which were started but only one got finished, and a lot kind of just... seems to have shown no progress (I'm guilty of this one too, but I got discouraged by the no progress of the other ones :/)
Wait, what's this sibbling halls? Also man, seems like ASMBXT seems to be more popular then this collab. Come on, give this hack some more love ='(

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Daizo wrote:Come on, give this hack some more love ='(
It's mostly the high profile peeps that are in control of A2MT destiny at this point. They mostly haven't been active in a while.

If there is anything normal people like us can do, it's testing out the levels in the most recent baserom. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2487 It doesn't take as much work as creating something even.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I see that Pily is a candidate for a sibling hall. I can't recall if I asked this somewhere already, but what ever happened to this boss version of her? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOs1x3QqzYw
If whoever was making it lost the data somewhere along the way, then I suppose it can't be helped, but otherwise I'd see no reason not to use it.
Daizo wrote:Wait, what's this sibbling halls?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10664
Short version: Because there's not really the time or space or resources (take your pick, it's at least one of them) to make unique boss fights for each sibling, the majority of them will have what's akin to themed (difficult, obviously) obstacle courses instead.

Speaking of Pily, if the boss version has, in fact, been lost, then I might be able to come up with something when I have more time. However, I make no promises on this.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Yup, chdata lost everything about her.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Daizo wrote:I guess Paralars is ignoring my message as it is like spam in a can. :cry: Oh well...
Wait, don't worry. I'll contact Paralars for you.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Hahahaha, that's kind of hilariously worse.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

That sounds so outrageously silly that I'm not totally sure if you're serious.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

It sounds like chdata to me. He's a bit of an oddball
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

So, what's going on? any news?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

tenta wrote:So, what's going on? any news?
The best thing you could do is a sibling hall. Other than that there is level review on the level finalization thread.

As for for news alex quit the final boss so I am not even sure if we have any sort of plan for finishing the game.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

alex2 wrote:
raocow wrote:Yup, chdata lost everything about her.
Negative. He does have her, but he refuses to give it up to anybody because he thinks we won't be able to make his "vision" become a reality.

It's kinda arrogant.
Wrong. I have her files, they're unstable, I quit ASM two years ago and multiple times I've considered to try working on it again but never really do and just don't see myself giving the code to someone else to pick up on the middle of a broken project. At least not Alex due to his behavior.

Also arguably there are only a few ASMers here (last I checked only 2 doing anything, and one of them is Alex who I've never really seen make anything but have seen complain alot/be rude in general and procrastinate).

The other one is Diortem who I could give the stuff to if he'd take it, but he never asked.

I lost the cluster sprite stuff for her though, so that entire part of her code is messed up and I forget if she even compiles.

Also I don't talk like a hippy like that.
Last edited by Chdata 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

read: it's mine
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:As for for news alex quit the final boss so I am not even sure if we have any sort of plan for finishing the game.
wow
Chdata wrote:Cool false information. I have her files, they're unstable, I quit ASM two years ago and multiple times I'm motivated to try working on it again but never really do and just don't see myself giving the code to someone else to pick up on the middle of a broken project. At least not Alex due to his behavior.

[...]

I lost the cluster sprite stuff for her though, so that entire part of her code is messed up and I forget if she even compiles.
I would've liked to ask what else needs to be done with her, because that video from way back whenever looked pretty complete to me, but if she's 'unstable' (and since you did lose that portion, which I assume is important), then I guess that answers that question.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

She wasn't near finished because there were glitches I probably didn't show that weren't fixed that I never figured out how, as well as the last attack being gone. Potentially the glitch was enough that I'd have to redo the entire thing. All the routines are very integrated in how they work together in sequence.

AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

nobody else could possibly fix it
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I was talking about how I see you everywhere.

AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

guys stop fighting youre tearing me apart
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Servant

Post by Servant »

The drama over the creation (or non-creation) of this romhack is probably way more interesting than the actual "official" Demo plot.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

alex2 wrote:University is very time-consuming.
Sorry, guy. I don't know things about people.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I was going to put off production of the Final level until Wyatt got the music theme finished 100%.. Though he said he is a bit discouraged and that having the level finished will give him motivation. So I've figured why not start it then?

Do you guys have any specific things you want to see in the level?

@:raocow: How big do we want this level, something like Hyper V's Final level? 3 set of 3 sections or whichever it was. Or the usual? I want most of the community here to enjoy the level, you most importantly! Whatddaya want raocowz. :geek:

I'm willing to be very open to the community with ideas and criticism, though it's not needed (the ideas), but it may get the community involved a bit more so a vast majority enjoy how things turn out. Right now I am about to go watch some more of raocows ASMT LP to see which levels I'll be basing sections off. You guys are welcome to vote or give your thoughts on which themes I use. Right now I've not got any theme ideas, mainly due to the halting production for the music. If you guys don't want to give your input I can go head and start the level. I'll wait a bit to see if this thread has any more posts before I go looking for ideas and themes myself.

The current theme Wyatt composed has parts from a lava and forest level if I remember correctly. I could be wrong. That's a start either way. raocow you made those cute lil worms in ASMT right? I'd like to use those, they look funny. Lemme know guys!