(shouting)

Re: A2MT Plot thread

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

Tropes Are Not Bad. Tropes Are Not Good. Tropes Are Tools, guys. Let's treat them as such.

But seriously what is it with the tropespeak in the forum lately? First dazedouji, now tails? It's getting quite... Egregious. *Pulls glasses* YEEEEEAAAAHHH

So yeah. I keep wanting to say "as much as I like the idea, it's too serious for me right now", but I guess the story of ASMT was unnecessarily serious as well once you cut out the wonderfully hammed-up dialogue and in the end it turned out pretty funny anyway, so, uh.

Yeah, what I'd suggest is Artsy-guy having some ridiculous delusions about Demo's abilities', thinking her to be some kind of super-powerful uberdemon and constanly talking about abilities she doesn't have at all, such as CONCRETE-BREAKING DRILL KICKS and WAVE MOTION EYE BEAMS and A BODY CHARGE OF TEN MILLION VOLTS and somesuch.

Also yeah I totally endorse him talking in allcaps half the time. FOR THE ART.
blinxfanboy

Post by blinxfanboy »

Get someone else to do the plot this time. You guys are speaking like the ASMT plot was halfway decent, it was dumb and I thought someone had thrown it together at the last second. Especially the last discourse between Demo and KC. Sounded like preteen fan fiction.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I'll comment on all of this tomorrow since at that point I got the time to do it.

All I'm saying right now is that Demo is nowhere near perfect. She can be arrogant and selfish at times. And there is more wrong with her in terms of obeying. And I assume that the Artist only makes creations to serve under his reign and not to surpass him.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Agreed... I mean... the perfect incarnate story, it's cute and all, but I want something a BIT more original (it could still use this idea... but I am hopeful for some sort of subversion)

(Once again, I can be wrong. I have been a million times before, so don't think I swear by what I say every time I say something :P)

I think that we should all pick something that we really want to see above all else and try and throw those together as the beginning of the plot, perhaps? Like one major plot concept of some sort. That way it's not everyone writing a full plot and us all picking it apart (or in my case, bickering about it until I feel like, and probably look like a total snob.)

Also, @Terry Von Feleday, I reference TVTropes a lot when I talk about plot, I just haven't really discussed plot much on this forum for any reason :P

Also, I'll probably look really ridiculous when I rely on TVTropes to orchestrate any ideas I like. XP

I think it's all in my opinion of cliché. I've kinda been trained to think all clichés are bad. :S
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

kilon wrote: All I'm saying right now is that Demo is nowhere near perfect.
Tails_155 wrote:Agreed... I mean... the perfect incarnate story, it's cute and all, but I want something a BIT more original (it could still use this idea... but I am hopeful for some sort of subversion)
You guys are missing the point, she isn't actually some perfect being, the artist just is delusional and thinks she is. That's the joke. Terry explained it a couple of posts ago, and I think it's a brilliant idea, especially since concrete-breaking drill kicks references super marisa (world?/land? i forget which).
Terry von Feleday wrote:Yeah, what I'd suggest is Artsy-guy having some ridiculous delusions about Demo's abilities', thinking her to be some kind of super-powerful uberdemon and constanly talking about abilities she doesn't have at all, such as CONCRETE-BREAKING DRILL KICKS and WAVE MOTION EYE BEAMS and A BODY CHARGE OF TEN MILLION VOLTS and somesuch.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Yea, The Artist made Demo, Iris, and her siblings trying to create a perfect being. Demo was the only one he considered perfect with Iris as second. For A2MT we should explain why it's one player and where Iris went since she's playable in ASMT. Perhaps The Master sends Iris on a special mission and she ends up running away and we meet up with her later and she's also now against Demo.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

Iris shouldn't turn bad, or be against demo. It just doesn't feel right.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

captured

AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

There should be something the Artist uses to make sure that his other creations don't rebel, like evil clothing or something. But after the battle with Demo, they get worn out and break.
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

AnimeRules wrote:There should be something the Artist uses to make sure that his other creations don't rebel, like evil clothing or something. But after the battle with Demo, they get worn out and break.
Glasses/monocles.
Nothing's easy.

HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

AnimeRules wrote:There should be something the Artist uses to make sure that his other creations don't rebel, like evil clothing or something. But after the battle with Demo, they get worn out and break.
That would work. But why does the artist need to do that, is he such an a-hole that they don't do what he wants without beeing forced to do it?
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

I don't know, if he thinks Demo is "perfect" even though she has one eye and no arms, I think he might be a bit paranoid and might sense a hint of rebellion deep inside them or something.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Why should 2 player be removed? Plots are usually messed up with a second player,I think it is of no distraction to the players tbh.

Anyway... Now with the concept re-clarified, that is a subversion I can support. :P

Apologies for all the griping about it, I just REALLY didn't want some sort of NEO! YOU ARE THE ONE! Kind of thing.

Anyway... I really don't think Iris should be nonplayable... why do we need to make it 1 player only?
Terry von Feleday

Moniker wrote:Glasses/monocles.
Hats.

Also, I think you guys have way too serious a viewpoint on the Artist's character.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Tails_155 wrote:Why should 2 player be removed?
I never saw the advantage of 2 player games.

And every bad guy thinks he's seriously the best and most evil guy around. And I think that's something we shouldn't change. A bad guy can make some jokes, but making him look weak or as someone who is just fooling around isn't working out.

How about this: Demo is the first and best creation of the Artist so far. He tried to surpass himself several times by creating the other siblings but none of them are as good as Demo. So now he wants to get Demo and use her and Iris (since they're twins and all that) to create his perfect creation.
And when disabling 2 player games, we can have something like where the Artist has managed to capture Iris at some point and that's the reason why Demo hunts down the Artist. Although this sounds like a second rated James Bond plot which sucks, the idea stands.

And this thread kinda made me realize that I rather have a general outline set already. Like last time when I joined the plot thread, the basic idea was pretty much set and there weren't tons of people coming up with new ideas. And then it's a lot easier to work from there. So I'll probably be a bit less active until there is a definite general idea. Not that I won't come up with new ideas or anything..
Terry von Feleday

Iris actually leads some sort of Schrödinger's semi-quantum existance. No one knows whether she's actually there or not. We should leave her out, otherwise the game might split into two parallel universes and turn into some kind of freakishly alien multidimensional glitch.
kilon wrote:And every bad guy thinks he's seriously the best and most evil guy around. And I think that's something we shouldn't change. A bad guy can make some jokes, but making him look weak or as someone who is just fooling around isn't working out.
I heartily disagree with this statement. A weak villain is bad, but a villain who isn't entirely sure what he's doing / is just fooling around / is just acting for the lulz in general can still be a good villain. The problem is just hitting the right balance between silly and serious. See: Kefka. He was a fairly silly person, but a credible threat nonetheless, and as a lot of people consider him the best villain the Final Fantasy series has to offer.

In general, the idea of the Artist being A Serious Man and yet honestly thinking that creating something like Demo or her sisters was a good idea just strikes me as somewhat... Off. Which is to say: Really poor.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

kilon wrote:
Tails_155 wrote:Why should 2 player be removed?
I never saw the advantage of 2 player games.
It's just a consistency with the original game. Besides, netplay 2 player games, there's several on YouTube, it's just another way to enjoy the game. There's even talk of TLs4 doing a Netplay with someone on ASMT; I don't know how that plan is going at the moment, but it has been discussed.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

How about a red spiral attatched to their arm/neck and if they have neither... a hat.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

chdata wrote:
How about a red spiral attatched to their arm/neck and if they have neither... a hat.
You mean like the swastika things? I don't get what you mean I guess... :S
kilon

Post by kilon »

Some sort of necklace. But I think that detail might be to small for the resolution.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I mean like a spring.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

How about while they're possessed their eye/boxhole (lol) glows red. It's cliché..... but it's visible.
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

Tails_155 wrote:How about while they're possessed their eye/boxhole (lol) glows red. It's cliché..... but it's visible.
That would be a nice touch if the spring/spiral doesn't make it. or the hats
Terry von Feleday

Figured I'd demonstrate some of the suggestions using Demo as my trusty assistant.

[attachment=0]accessory.PNG[/attachment]

Yeah, most of them really don't work at this resolution. (The monocle was literally impossible to make, but maybe that's just because I'm terrible at spriting glasses)

Also, I actually don't really like the idea of them being chained/possessed but if it means they get to wear stylish hats when you fight them I'm all for it anyway.
Attachments
accessory.PNG
accessory.PNG (863 Bytes) Viewed 12044 times
kilon

Post by kilon »

You can test all you want, but the siblings all look very different, so you can't judge by just testing it on Demo.