(shouting)

Overworld

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Paralars

Re: Overworld

Post by Paralars »

oh right, Violet Velocity.
I was trying to think of a level that used it but it didn't click.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

yogui wrote:End game map music is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh5M5_4lWio
This still needs to be ported, and it's been about a year since I touched AddMusic now (blame school). It might be wise if another music porter takes it up at this point. I can provide them with the MIDI.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Main map:
I'm not sure whether I like that one. I may go and look at some of the others made by wyatt, chromium, or moose.

Moon:
I love all three of these songs. The problem is the second one isn't good without samples, and we can't afford those. I'd definitely like Still Waters as it is one of my favorite custom songs, but it is already used in a level and I think that's kinda weird. And doesn't it not matter if the song is already inserted since the Overworld uses different music slots? I'd choose the first one as my favorite choice.

Mountain:
Sounds good.

Ice:
This one's also a level song, so I think it'd be weird to use (unless no one has used it in a level).
There's always the old SNN one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQNd94P0pMY
And I remember there being another good one, but maybe that's my imagination because I couldn't find it just now.

Underground:
Yeah I think the night theme could fit here too. But I think the second one definitely feels more like level music, but maybe it'd be alright. I may look for some of these, too.

Forest/Ruins:
Yeah this one is great, and could even possibly be the main overworld (in fact, it's probably better suited there).

Endgame (suggested by yogui):
I think it sounds good. Kinda sounds more like a level theme, but could still probably work.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

AFAIK you can use any music slot for the overworld songs.
I really love "A2MT Overworld Idea" but I thought it was a little too 'vibrant' and outstanding for the big main area, while the other one "A2MT Overworld Idea #2" stays in the background more.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Paralars wrote:I really love "A2MT Overworld Idea" but I thought it was a little too 'vibrant' and outstanding for the big main area, while the other one "A2MT Overworld Idea #2" stays in the background more.
Whaaaaaat. I think the overworld themes should be prominent! If it's the big main overworld, the best theme should be showcased, and I think that one is best for that role.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Paralars wrote:AFAIK you can use any music slot for the overworld songs.
I really love "A2MT Overworld Idea" but I thought it was a little too 'vibrant' and outstanding for the big main area, while the other one "A2MT Overworld Idea #2" stays in the background more.
Unless you used AddmusicM (which is not the case here), the overworld music list is different from the level music list. That's good because if you used all the levels music slot you can still use custom music for the overworld, however if you want to use a music for the OW and for a level you have to insert it twice.
Also I agree that although I like "A2MT Overworld Idea" more, I think "A2MT Overworld Idea #2" is more suited for the main map. Like in ASMT where the forest map music is the best one but wouldn't fit as the main map.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Paralars wrote:And then, I wanted to ask about the parrot coin unlocks.
What exactly is the problem? Counting the coins that have been collected or triggering an overworld event from inside a level?
So, can I get some info on this?
Cause if there really is a problem with that, I need to know what it is so I can work around it.
As far as I know, there is a working parrot coin counter, so I might have an idea how to do this even if there are other problems.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

That's good to hear.
So that would be four levels, one in each map with a switch palace.
The events are gonna be 63-66. As for the numbers...

I'd say 45,55,70,85 that makes for 255 total, about half the number of coins in the game, so you do have to work for it but you don't have to get every single one.
It's hard to judge, though. Levels are very different in how hard coins are to get and these numbers might be too low.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

no, only the "outer end" submaps have these, mainly because the whole parrot coin thing was uncertain so I didn't want to go all out on that, and also there's a lot of 2-exit stuff so it might be good to not make it any more complicated.

so, why should they vary more? Are we doing
- as soon as these many coins have been collected in total you can unlock this
or
- you spend this amount of coins on unlocking the thing, it lowers your coin count by that amount
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

well it's right next to Land of Illusion, which is the parrot coin level.
We can switch them if you want.

As for the unlocking system, there's one thing to unlock in every path and you can tackle the paths in any order, so having one shortcut cost 50 and one cost 200 might be suboptimal.

Can't you make it so there's one additional byte that counts how many coins have been spent and when unlocking, check if the difference between that and the total coin count is greater than, say, 60.
If it is, the thing gets unlocked and the "coins spent" counter goes up by 60.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

But we already decided that they wouldn't be spent argh like months ago
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I'll switch Flip notes with Wrathful Romp, then it will be the shortcut of the easiest outer world.
Wrathful Romp is all over the place anyway, switching is probably a good idea.