(shouting)

Overworld

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Blaizer

Re: Overworld

Post by Blaizer »

Damn it... W got into my search pattern because I tried to do \W to get non-word characters like ' and -. But that didn't work, and I didn't realise...

Here's an updated list... minus the W.

abyss, ally, ass, ballsy, balsa, bar, brassy, labs, salary, salsa, sassy, sax, slab, slay, sly.

No wallaby... oh well.
Last edited by Blaizer 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I like sly salary slab (all together).
No, but I do like salary.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

By the way, what would happen if you used the password somewhere were you can't see the event? That would be kinda dumb
Blaizer

Post by Blaizer »

If we can add U and D for up and down on the dpad, then... you get a lot more words. But then you'd have to be on a spot on the overworld where you can only move left and right, and then the triggers would be used for LR and the dpad for UD... not exactly great... Dunno if it's even possible... but it gives us a bunch more options.

absurdly, abyss, ally, ass, aura, ballad, ballsy, balsa, bar, blurry, brassy, bubbly, burly, drab, dull, durably, labs, laudably, lullaby, radar, ruby, ruddy, rural, sadly, salad, salary, salsa, sassy, sax, slab, slay, sly, suburb, syllabus, usual.

Lullaby has some potential!
Paralars wrote:By the way, what would happen if you used the password somewhere were you can't see the event? That would be kinda dumb
The idea is that you stand on some level spot near the start of the main overworld and enter the password. raocow wants the level available from the very start, like the hardest level from ASMBXT, so that level spot could even be the very first one. Or it could be after the introduction levels.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah we can just put the level on a place where you can't move up and do "lullaby".
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I thought you could enter the password while standing on any level tile, so what's the point of designating a level tile where you can't go up?
And why is the event silent? You mean the level and its surroundings are there from the beginning but you just can't enter it until you put in the password?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

so is there an actual event being activated or what does the password actually do?
I thought I'd just build in some event that unlocks the level and the password activated that event, apparently that's not it?
I don't get it.
alex, tell me how this works
I have no idea what to do
Last edited by Paralars 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

limepie20 wrote:Actually, the black plague would be anachronistic because this hack is supposed to be taking place in the 1800s. Unless you're implying that Demo lives on an uncharted island in the Americas not yet exposed to European diseases.
Problem solved: Black Plague with a pirate hat. There, now he fits with the times.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Err we cannot enter the mountain and ice map yet right? It is not implemented.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I just hadn't uploaded it, now I did.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6esdu262bwnv7b7

So, let me get this straight: You want me to put further over there next to the first level as an invisible level that can't be reached. Then, you can enter the password anywhere on the overworld and nothing happens, but you can now enter that invisible level?
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

I don't see what the big deal is with being indicated or not. The indication is now the player can push a button and walk off to it. Though who cares whatever /apathy
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

nah, it's fine. I just had absolutely no idea what would work with what you made and what wouldn't.
I just wanted to make sure how to do it, since I already made this little event
If it works like that (the password calls a normal OW event that creates an invisible path), then I'll make it like that, but then you'll have to give some info of where to go along with the password.
Anyone even thought about how the password will be spread?
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Paralars wrote:I just wanted to make sure how to do it, since I already made this little event

I'd really like to put my vote towards LULLABY being the password, if that's a thing that's possible.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I'm not sure, is there a way to disable the special world passed event that messes up all palettes and stuff, except for setting the trigger to a level that's never gonna be passed?
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Oh, never doubt the power of ASM huh? Well then, as someone who does not know anything about ASM I feel completely qualified to suggest this:

Since having it activate a path might screw something up, can't you just ASM a path-like thing in? So it plays that animation somehow but isn't really a path? You know, like with ASM and stuff?
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Or ever.

Go e-mail chdata or whatever and see if he'll come back and do something like that. He's still alive, right?
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

What a tool. Shame.

(as in, him.)

(and you, though we've established that at this point.)
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

S.N.N. wrote:What a tool. Shame.

(as in, him.)

(and you, though we've established that at this point.)
Do you really hate Alex, or is this an old joke I'm not getting.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

S.N.N. wrote:Or ever.

Go e-mail chdata or whatever and see if he'll come back and do something like that. He's still alive, right?
Couldn't you do it? :?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Ask Diortem.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I was thinking that maybe you could hexedit that, but I couldn't find any adress for which level triggers the special world passed thing, just a bunch of adresses to change the effect, which would be way too annoying to deal with.
But I discovered something unrelated, and request x27909 to be changed from F7 to FF to get rid of the thunder sound effect in Bowser's Valley
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

I can ask Chdata. I play a lot with him on steam. Just tell me what to say to him and il make sure he receive the message. Its worth a try, no?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

So I'm done with all the regular events, even the fancy stuff worked out.
I didn't do the password and dragon coin events yet, though, I didn't really make up my mind yet how to place further over there
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Nice, keep up the good work. :) Today I will finish my Sibling hall level completely, so there will only be like three levels left to finish right? Which aren't really a problem for the overworld hence it's been in progress now?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

About the unfinished stuff:
capefeather's level - I didn't place it anywhere because I honestly don't expect it to be finished
shdwdrgnx's level - I can squeeze it in at a place, but it's not finished apparently and there is no sign of it becoming finished
Sibling halls - Don't require their own OW locations
Switch palaces - I placed levels 22, 103, 121, 123 as 'switch palace' levels, but I noticed you don't actually get redirected to the actual switch place at the end, in any of the levels.
credits - I didn't know which level number to use, as of now, I used betrayal rock as a level tile where the credits would go, has to be changed. Which level number will the credits be? Or is it a sublevel?

I noticed I forgot to place anonymousbl00dlust's level, where would that even go? Right after franky's level?

Apart from that stuff, the other big hurdle is getting the inserted levels functional, a lot of them are messed up right now, limepie is working on it.