(shouting)

A2MT Discussion: OW, Bosses, and Gimmicks

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: A2MT Discussion: OW, Bosses, and Gimmicks

Post by Awakenyourmind »

alex2 wrote:Wrong thread man
Whoops. I'll head to the Sprite & Block thread. Thanks. :)
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Just wanted to mention that there isn't a boss in the final final level. If someone want's to make one that's fine with me, but they should probably talk to me first so it fits thematically and aesthetically.

If not, the level is really neat by itself, and I have no doubt people will enjoy it.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

The final final boss is the parrot, and he just sits there, and you jump on his head once to win.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

WRONG it takes two jumps
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Those blue directional arrow blocks we have could have potential. Has anyone really tried to make use of them yet? Many possibility's, I could try myself if no one feels confident. Could heavily base an entire level or P-switch palace off of them while trying to find the most creative and fun ways to use them!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

There was a short section on them in the level Coin Town USA. I'm not sure if we should have a whole level based on them because that can be very confusing. Unless I don't know what you mean.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Of coerce I don't mean a level entirely created with those, I mean one based with many ideas using them.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Anyone know of any custom later 2 smash generators? I need one that will make the entire level layer two smash quickly over and over again.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

You mean like this? I know one of the VIPs (5?) has one like that but faster, but I don't know if it's publically available. Also YCZ made one like it but for vertical levels, if it's not on SMWC you could ask him for it.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Wyatt wrote:You mean like this? I know one of the VIPs (5?) has one like that but faster, but I don't know if it's publically available. Also YCZ made one like it but for vertical levels, if it's not on SMWC you could ask him for it.
Yes that's the one. I've finished the section I was going to use it in already, but I could still add it and make some adjustments and it would make that section better.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Wyatt wrote:You mean like this? I know one of the VIPs (5?) has one like that but faster, but I don't know if it's publically available. Also YCZ made one like it but for vertical levels, if it's not on SMWC you could ask him for it.
YCZ edited his version for me so that it will work in horizontal levels. So I'm going to probably re edit that last section I made so that it uses that generator. That sections needs to be a bit more epic anyway.
AxemJinx

Post by AxemJinx »

alex2 wrote:Demo will now start as big if she ended the previous level with any powerup, and start out small if she had no powerups at the end of the last level.
This was brought to my attention recently, and I was just curious about the rationale behind it? Is it because of something like level breaks, being overpowered against certain enemies, or is there some other reason?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yes, Alex explained that very nicely. Do you have any suggestions about it? Because I'd really like to hear it. It's nice to get outside criticisms.
AxemJinx

Post by AxemJinx »

Well, I'm thinking it might be better to force big Demo even if you're small, since then it wouldn't always feel like the game is taking something away from you. Maybe that's just me, though.

To be honest, my gut reaction to "micromanaging" powerup status is kind of negative, because it sounds like you're trying to force people to play levels a certain way. I can understand how it could be appropriate, though, if you have a lot of levels that are easily broken with fire flowers or capes.

Still, I'm not sure level breaks are a bad thing in general, since they allow less-skilled players to see everything the game has to offer even despite the levels they like least. Personally, I only break levels when I don't enjoy them- that, or to search for secrets or mess around after I've already played them. Again, though, just my opinion.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I think anti-breaking is one of the important reasons behind implementing it, but I understand and agree with what you said about it. I don't think I'd mind too much, but many other level creators most likely would.
But what I see as important for the hack as a whole is that if there wasn't the filter system already implemented, there would invariably be levels that would require it anyway (puzzle levels, a level where you need to get a powerup, maybe a custom sprite glitches with the cape, etc.). And if some levels had it but other levels didn't, it would be unpredictable and maybe even annoying if you usually have a cape on you and then it is taken because one level apparently filters. I think applying it to the hack adds some uniformity and predictability we can appreciate. There's also the convenience, saving code, and not dealing with in-level filtering systems.
But I'll certainly think about it more. I think once the overworld is assembled, and we're doing beta testing, it'll be much easier to gauge.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Also I reckon that if you are big, fire or caped, you get 'filtered' to just big, and not necessarily small.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I like it.
There's probably not much better to do around the project anyway.
what do you wanna use it for?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

alex2 wrote:Hey I'm actually considering going back to the danmaku boss.

Thoughts??
Didn't you stop right before the part where you actually put in the spellcards?

Don't aim for doing all the spellcard I suggested unless you manage to get into a groove doing them. Get to where you have a proof of concept before deciding on the whole battle.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

yeah I can probably do that, nothing else to do anyway...
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

So, what about respriting the bosses of Super Vehicle and Crayon Combat, is that still up for debate?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

In that case I'd like to play the sibling halls so I know which one to attach to which level.
So far I've played Pily, Pandamona and Mishi. Iris and Calleoca are still being worked on, right? Didn't hear much from those lately. And what about Nevada, Science, Garish? I couldn't find anything finished about those, can someone help me?