(shouting)

Sibling Halls (No more openings!)

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Paralars

Re: Sibling Halls (Opening for Iris and Calleoca!)

Post by Paralars »

yeah, that was the plan.
When the hallway thing started.
I guess we can still put a hallway right before the level's own boss, that way there'd be two halls with a boss. If we do this, we still have something to put as the missing graphic, and we'd have something if the last two halls didn't get completed for whatever reason.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I don't know. I do prefer consistency especially because we probably will have all the levels. Is there any way we can change what the last kevels are and just make them mid-world fortresses instead? I don't remember what the submaps look like and if they'd need to be reworked or something.
raocow wrote:the two left overs are used on the 'gate opening' part before the final level as a sort of last ditch effort from the sibblings.

edit- they have an excuse text going 'no wait we did have levels ready after all we just needed more time, play them now!'

edit2- it's a joke about the development of a2mt.
Oh, this had me laughing.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

I could still switch around CCC with The Meaning of Sharp, like I had it in the first place.
But The Meaning of Sharp is way harder so I intended it to be an optional shortcut path.
(Also raocow drew sort of like a crayon for the last level on that particular submap)

As for SV00CotM, I just feel like it deserves to be a castle level because of its sophistication.

I honestly don't see the problem with having a boss after two of the hallways, at least it wouldn't be more inconsistent than having random boss levels mid-world.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Okay, I guess we'll see how it goes.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Feel free to cut parts or all of the Science segment I made if it doesn't fit with SV00CotM. I wouldn't mind at all. Just do what's best.

I could perhaps reallocate the rainbow section of the Science segment to "no secret exit here" as a side area to get the chest.

Just a thought, you guys take the decisions.
ImageImage
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah actually if we are keeping 00C it shouldn't be Science. The way science currently ends is perfect and shouldn't be added on to. Pily (or whichever that fire one was that Lv27 made) is short and not too difficult, so I think that might work.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

So I've started Iris last night. I've created a custom FG palette and the first 4 screens. So it's no longer open.

PS: I've started hacking Zelda - A Link To The Past. That will be my other project.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Franky wrote:So I've started Iris last night. I've created a custom FG palette and the first 4 screens. So it's no longer open.
No one gave this post a read I take it. This means I've already started Iris.
Kerkec

Re: Sibling Halls (No more openings!)

Post by Kerkec »

Oh, by the way, are all the halls supposed to use a certain song, or can it be anything as long as it sounds fitting?
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Whatever you want I'm guessing. Otherwise it'd be posted elsewhere and I've not heard of ANYONE creating songs for these levels from scratch. :)
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Eventually a song will be made that will be for every hall. You can put in whatever you want as a placeholder.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I see. Didn't know this. :)
Kerkec

Post by Kerkec »

Alright then, good to know, thanks

I put what I have so far in the testing thread, by the way
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

So Iris is looking good so far. I think it would be pointless to show work though, as it should be done soon anyway. Just lettin' you guys know beforehand.

PS: not sure if I want to leave SMW hacking all together, I'm kinda getting ambition to continue hacking in some form.
Kerkec

Post by Kerkec »

Okay, sorry for being useless, but I think it's for the best if Calleoca's slot is opened back up. I haven't come up with anything great, and I haven't even touched Lunar Magic in about two weeks now, so

Someone else with better ideas and more motivation to actually open LM should work on it
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

Why does it keep happening!

Honestly I think it would be fine if Calleoca didn't have a Hall, we can just use Terry's bossfight and maybe change the graphic to something flickering between Calleoca, Terry's avatar thing and Rumia.
Cause she's a shapeshifter!

And it looks like the other halls are being held up by technical problems of the "I don't know how to work out this fancy idea" sorts, so we should probably start working something out, Jesu and spitznagl haven't given updates for a while and I'd like to know where things are at.
Schnurmanator/Nevada was dropped I think and it doesn't look like it's being actively worked on.
If that's correct, maybe I'll try and start working with the rubble.
And Iris is done by Franky, I know he has life happening and I trust he'll be able to finish eventually, but at the moment this is kinda unclear, too.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Spitznagl finished his and submitted it. Don't know what's up with Jesu. Nevada is still claimed by Schnurmanator because I wanted to finish it for him, but I haven't done anything with it, so if you want to you can. (I'd prefer that we use the resources he left, but I guess you don't have to if you want to make your own thing. It's weird that I want his thing finished; I liked the guy a lot.)

With Calleoca, yes, I'd really prefer to just have it be Terry's boss. It would be super conveneint and not awkward with a sibling hall before the actual boss. Let's do that!!!!!!