(shouting)

And Another Thing - discussion thread (bowz soft deadline at August 29th)

name this garbage hack

Poll ended at 2 years ago

A Third Mario Thing
34%
And Another Thing
37%
A Different Mario Thing
No votes
One More Mario Thing
6%
An ASMT Thing
14%
A2MT2
No votes
R-Type Final 4
9%

Total votes: 35

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: And Another Thing - discussion thread

Post by SAJewers »

you should make a level
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago I haven't actually followed anything romhack related for years. I could make a more serious post about it - I would like to see another cool collab romhack - but I think "lol" sums up my feelings pretty nicely
Ah, I thought you were memeing because of A2MT. I'm so sorry!!!

But yeah. Make a level if u want, you're free to not too. You mentioned in your twitter you lost interest in romhacks since you finished(?) your hack. SMWCP2 is still being worked on, in like its third attempt at a revival and I think they're trying to make a zombie release soon like A2MT, but cleaned up? Apparently it's still in a bit of development hell though.

As for other Mario hacks I don't think there's anything important to say other than like... carol got married, I guess.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago Ah, I thought you were memeing because of A2MT. I'm so sorry!!!
I was

I'd make a level for this but I'm not following anything about it - I think being too interested in the production lead to my insanity in the original ASMT - but if you want a pretty vanilla level shoved somewhere I could do it if you're desperate for levels. I think it'd be fun to make one or two (I'm in the discord but it's muted like most every other server I'm in)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago I'd make a level for this but I'm not following anything about it - I think being too interested in the production lead to my insanity in the original ASMT - but if you want a pretty vanilla level shoved somewhere I could do it if you're desperate for levels. I think it'd be fun to make one or two (I'm in the discord but it's muted like most every other server I'm in)
Do it only if you want to, love. You're not forced to do anything. <3

And welcome!!! A lot of the general channel is Wordle and Wordle-likes and me sharing funny tweets and shitposts, but there is the occasional level update from level makers in the AAT:A3MT channels. Still need to continue my second one, which I stole graphics from VIP (just YI/SMB3 graphics tho, not 660's ASCII art sprites). My motivation for level making is low these days and I don't have much confidence in my level making skills though people say it looks VIP-ish, assuming they don't just mean the graphics.

We're only focusing on level making rn, in a few months it's Bowser's Castle (still have to decide on what ASMT character replaces Bowser, even if it's just the Clown Car, if raocow wants to design one I'll wait until Bowser's is finished to ask for a quick design), then the overworld, and lastly the first "release candidate" sort of release. Valentine suggested this strategy and I'm on board with it.

I'll try to code a few new bosses (one for each Koopaling castle, A2MT Big Boos, A2MT Reznors and the like can stay) possibly with the help of a few ASMers and graphic artists in the server, I'll ask before going ahead ofc, bit by bit over a year or so (don't want to burn people out) after the initial level, OW and vanilla boss only release. It's gonna be a simple collab. After that we'll rest for a few months, then gauge interest to see if a follow up in the same vein is feasible.

I know it's very rote, but VIP did it mostly this way and I feel it's a formula that works without straining the contributors. Either way, I want the focus to be the level design and the sheer variety in people's ideas (vanilla and choco, in both bad and good ways), rather than making it into a full fledged, almost commercial effort with tons of extraneous features.
Image Image
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

something maybe worth making: a "junk drawer"/collab call thread for people who have ideas but would like to have someone help collab for the sake of asm/programming/spriting skills/composition/other such things. just so that when people have ideas they themselves can't do, we have a good place to store them, but also don't just, Instantly Assume it is gonna happen and Feature Creep is attained.
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

(not a reply to camwoodstock)

This is something we've mentioned here and there, Discordhaus and all. And I feel like it bears a big ol' blogpost of sorts.

I feel like the reason A2MT, SMWCP2, JUMP 1/2 and other collabs have gone through developmental hell is due to how western SMW hackers and to an extent Japanese ones even, see the art of collab organization. SMWCP2, A2MT were created with the basis of being better than the previous ones, being more extensively curated, QA up the hizzouse, more ASM, more detailed world etc.

And collabs are very hard to create like that if the team is simply not experienced enough to create such an extensively modified game. Simply put, there are two main factors to scope creep: The Knowledge and the Motivation. I feel that due to the amount of piling on of ideas a collab tends to have, such as 8 complex custom bosses, a shop mechanic, anything that A2MT and SMWCP2 tried to add on for instance.

All of this just causes ideas and quality standards to balloon, resulting in an inability for ASMers and level authors and whatnot to simply not have the ability to function at the standards set (Knowledge), and thus burnout ensues, resulting in less desire to work on the collab and people starting to avoid it entirely (Motivation).

This is why I'm very glad raocow decided to take a step back in this case. Having a central figure presiding over it adding and adding to the concept of the collab, with more and more ideas and specifications added in, it just creates a butterfly effect of priorities getting fucked up. I also specifically asked raocow to avoid advertising until I gave the go ahead, to avoid the addition of further cooks in the kitchen. However another source of blame could be poor management.

Alex did what he could, but previous management simply was not equipped to deal with the nonsensical levels of :effort: required in the collab. A lot of them weren't even ASMers, which limits the ability to manage scope by a lot. Being unable to understand ASM is also a problem if debugging is necessary. Ideally, a baserom should be rebuilt from scratch with each new edit to it to avoid grave bugs in the project (such as SMWCP2 having to do Layer 3 HDMA for Message Boxes due to previous code being impossible to understand).

Other people are just irresponsible managers though, such as aterraformer who nearly killed JUMP 1/2 by forcing Sixcorby and whatnot to salvage it. A2XT2 also has a problem with scope creep which they are now trying to rectify and working for a proper release. And I feel that something we all need to keep in mind is that, the big impetus for SMWC having collabs is ASMT, due to oneupsmanship, right? ASMT's raison d'etre is VIP.

VIP1-3 were like done in a flurry in the span of like 15 months, but. The only thing they pushed further was the use of ASM, introducing custom blocks and sprites in 2 and HDMA and Mode 7 in 3, purely on carol's 02 boss. VIP6 was torn down due to standards bickering and drama. And even with all of VIP5's niceties, there were still complaints that VIP5 placed its mediocre stages at the start, that it was stuck in the past, that the delay to finish one level would never happen in A2MT or SMWCP2.

VIP existed simply as level compilations from people who just wanted to make Mario levels, goddamnit. There's no reason to try and turn it into a complete Sicari-style redesign with like 50 custom bosses and its own currency and trading system. No one will work on that, and work on trying to make the idea possible will just slow the game's progress down.

If you want a completely redesigned game with original bosses and whatnot, go play a hack made by a talented coder or a team of talented hackers. If you want a nonsense compilation of levels that are likely not gonna be good most of the time.

You play a goddamned collab.

Lower your standards. Not just for collabs but for every hack. Jesus Christ.
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Yes.

Look at the past 2 Advent projects, for the most part, the modus operandi for both was simply people making levels as a love letter to raocow. At for me, I wasn't worrying too much about outstanding quality or being better than anything else, just as long as people had fun, and any jank was still at least charming.

Actually, thinking about it now all these years later, I think that may be one of the faults of A2XT1. After complaints about some of the levels in ASMBXT (like the original shoe zone, off the top of my head), some of us (myself included) felt for the sequel that we needed to worry about having higher quality levels, and focus on making a much better curated and product. Really what was needed was simply a bit more polish, better communication, and a better understanding on difficulty, so we wouldn't have so many hard levels, and things like foodland in world 5.

As mentioned before, one of the tenents of ASMBXT was to be the opposite of what A2MT was. If this project is going to reach the finish line, I think we're gonna have to look back at the philosophy of ASMBXT and largely stick to that. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it got done from start to finish relatively pain-free. It was what it was, there was no real worry about how it compared to anything else, and when we did A2XT1, I feel like we missed the point.

To quote shaman from 9 years ago:
shaman wrote: 11 years ago I'm a preacher for agile development, and simplicity will always reign superior to fancy stuff
If we're gonna get this done and have it be the best that it can be, that 100% has to be our mantra, that things need to be kept simple and that we can't be worrying about making sure every level is memorably and of the best quality possible. If someone wants to make something fancy, that's fine, but it can't hold back or hurt the project, lest we fall into the same traps other before us have fallen into.
Nao
Pronouns: he

Post by Nao »

I share Koba's thoughts. I think we do of course need a minimum standard for levels, which I think we have, but so far everyone is doing their best and the levels we have are good enough, even from new hackers.

As I've been handling the baserom lately, the approach is making levels completely function before inserting them (as much as this is possible). People can choose to apply subjective feedback on design afterwards, if they are interested to improve their levels. The main focus is getting things done, and so that we could in theory at any point leave the inserted levels as they are right now, fix a few things that are left to fix (mostly requiring ASM, which I can't handle immediately) and roll with it. And I think it's going to be a successful project if we keep working this way. I think a big mistake would be to keep adding unfinished things into the baserom and wanting to "fix them later".

The approach of just throwing random levels together is also working fine so far. After all, what made great collabs of the past so great is often the variety they provided. My only fear at the moment is that we are going to get too many super basic earlygame levels. Out of the 15 levels inserted by now, the last ones we got were often world 1-ish romps, which is due to the fact that there are plenty of newer hackers working on this. So far there is no problem with these, but if we get too many of these levels (especially ones which start to feel similar to each other due to using the same basic enemies with different coats of paint) we might have to specifically ask people to go out of their comfort zone on that, but my fear might not be justified, I don't know yet. It would surely be nice to have also some more experienced people willing to make levels alongside the newer hackers.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i feel kind of bad making that post because i f eel like im shitting on other collabs and raocow but
SAJewers wrote: 2 years ago Actually, thinking about it now all these years later, I think that may be one of the faults of A2XT1. After complaints about some of the levels in ASMBXT (like the original shoe zone, off the top of my head), some of us (myself included) felt for the sequel that we needed to worry about having higher quality levels, and focus on making a much better curated and product. Really what was needed was simply a bit more polish, better communication, and a better understanding on difficulty, so we wouldn't have so many hard levels, and things like foodland in world 5.
Pretty much and I hope there's an A3XT or A2XT3 in the cards at least starting a year after you finish A2XT2 for proper rest. I feel like you can control the scope. Maybe.
Nao wrote: 2 years ago My only fear at the moment is that we are going to get too many super basic earlygame levels. Out of the 15 levels inserted by now, the last ones we got were often world 1-ish romps, which is due to the fact that there are plenty of newer hackers working on this. So far there is no problem with these, but if we get too many of these levels we might have to specifically ask people to go out of their comfort zone on that, but my fear might not be justified, I don't know yet.
I feel like we'll see when we get there, but I also feel like people should be given good advice on making harder levels too. Even my stages tend to be like 2 or 3 in difficulty (out of 5). AxemJinx's tutorial brings up some nice points that people could iterate upon and if they need more examples they could always check old raocow videos for harder SMW stages.

Axem's thread works for me, for the most part, but I find an easier time breaking rules to spice up the challenge or to make level making easier for me. Micromanaging stages to be as good as possible when you're making them is not fun.
Nao wrote: 2 years ago fix a few things that are left to fix (mostly requiring ASM, which I can't handle immediately)
I'm open to doing not overly complex ASM (hex edits, a boss or two, some basic sprites with graphics made, blocks) if necessary. You're not alone in managing this collab.
Image Image
Nao
Pronouns: he

Post by Nao »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago I'm open to doing not overly complex ASM (hex edits, a boss or two, some basic sprites with graphics made, blocks) if necessary. You're not alone in managing this collab.
Don't worry, I know that. In fact I can't handle ASM-related things beyond just editing disassemblies (which surprisingly can achieve a lot already).. I just meant that ASM things usually stack up because they take longer to do, and we should avoid letting those things up too much to not unnecessarily stretch development time in the long run.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago i feel kind of bad making that post because i f eel like im shitting on other collabs and raocow but
SAJewers wrote: 2 years ago Actually, thinking about it now all these years later, I think that may be one of the faults of A2XT1. After complaints about some of the levels in ASMBXT (like the original shoe zone, off the top of my head), some of us (myself included) felt for the sequel that we needed to worry about having higher quality levels, and focus on making a much better curated and product. Really what was needed was simply a bit more polish, better communication, and a better understanding on difficulty, so we wouldn't have so many hard levels, and things like foodland in world 5.
Pretty much and I hope there's an A3XT or A2XT3 in the cards at least starting a year after you finish A2XT2 for proper rest. I feel like you can control the scope. Maybe.
Heh, I haven't actually had much of a role in that for a few years, and I don't know if I'd be up to try to run another collab, but yeah I hope there's another with a vastly smaller scope like this
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

SAJewers wrote: 2 years ago Heh, I haven't actually had much of a role in that for a few years, and I don't know if I'd be up to try to run another collab, but yeah I hope there's another with a vastly smaller scope like this
Yeah I mostly meant the collective you.

While JUMP Team has gone on record that there will never be a JUMP 3, they do manage making new collabs, releasing the more casual YUMPs and Mice and even recently, Send Your Regrets to the Czar, a Kaizo collab led by Koopster. I feel like they're a good source of inspo on running collabs, though I feel like making less ambitious follow ups to A2XT doesn't automatically make them less worthy of the brand or cruise control for scope creep. The heart of a collab is its stages.

JUMP is a different situation, because for less ambitious efforts there's always the YUMPs and miscellaneous collabs. JUMP kind of became the "heavy hitter" of their repertoire and because of that it's just become harder and harder to work on it, possibly? I feel like we should avoid this with the ASMT branding.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

The thing that spurred that post was also ano0maly posting two SNN posts on ye ol Discort House
S.N.N. wrote: 9 years ago just don't do a3mt ever. i don't even feel like defending it, but i promise it's a bad idea. jump will fill the void just fine.
S.N.N wrote:
alex2 wrote:if...if people want to try for A3MT, then they can wait a few months.
Or forever. Seriously, you guys couldn't handle making A2MT back when you actually -had- competent hackers - how are you planning on handling a third game when the only relevant ones left are either incapable of leading or busy with other stuff? All you'll end up with is raocow making another video advertising the project, and you'll end up in an even bigger rut with junk levels than the previous projects.

Like, I'm not trying to sound discouraging in regards to SMW stuff (JUMP is apparently going sort of okay), but it might be best to consider the A#MT ship sailed at this point.
I want there to be further SMW collabs on Talkhaus as long as interest is there for people to learn and make simple levels.
I want the JUMP-esque fallacy, that every SMW ASMT has to be super high effort like how JUMP is now, to be avoided.

If I make an A4MT it will be like this one. Low effort, low standards, just make levels. Maybe there's a custom boss, maybe there's Bowser. There will be at least a few months of rest in between though at least half a year to one year. Maybe less if people are gung ho about it but I really want people to rest between collabs, instead of marathoning it like VIP1-3.

anyway everyone in the withersnow thread was obnoxious and i would send them goatse unprompted, especially shemp. withersnow coming out as a nazi years back is also a primo cringe move.
Image Image
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

honestly we don't blame you for popping off, half bc man feature creep is like having your life flash before your eyes, two man snn seems kinda seriously negatively unabashedly dangerously actually incredibly Jerkish like. Sorry guys A2MT was bad No More AMTs Ever Again it's Over It's Over *side-eyes the like five AMTs that have happened since his post and one of those we were involved in*

like there is pessimism and then there's outright defeatist doomer shit over a mario level collab project like. c'mon man. someone get us a time machine we wanna punch that man (in minecraft)
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 2 years ago honestly we don't blame you for popping off, half bc man feature creep is like having your life flash before your eyes, two man snn seems kinda seriously negatively unabashedly dangerously actually incredibly Jerkish like. Sorry guys A2MT was bad No More AMTs Ever Again it's Over It's Over *side-eyes the like five AMTs that have happened since his post and one of those we were involved in*

like there is pessimism and then there's outright defeatist doomer shit over a mario level collab project like. c'mon man. someone get us a time machine we wanna punch that man (in minecraft)
No no, don't get mad at S.N.N., he was right to be that way due to A2MT being canceled the same year as those posts, one of those posts being in WitherSnow's terrible "What can we finish with A2MT" thread, JUMP hadn't gone into developmental hell yet. You're reading things as though they were of today, they were from 8 years ago, I apologize for not making it clear.

Anyway everyone was an asshole back in 8 years ago talkhaus, that's why I said I'd send goatse to everyone unprompted. Anyway my pop off was less out of anger and more. I want people to learn how to get a proper handle on collabs. They're pretty fun to bunch up together, but stuff like A2MT and SMWCP2 shouldn't be attempted without a stable, solid team. Many times I've seen or heard of collabs falling apart due to scope creep, and I'd like SMW hackers to be able to get past that. I may be banned from SMWC, but I'd like to try and contribute where I can.

S.N.N. is much nicer now btw.
Image Image
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago
camwoodstock wrote: 2 years ago honestly we don't blame you for popping off, half bc man feature creep is like having your life flash before your eyes, two man snn seems kinda seriously negatively unabashedly dangerously actually incredibly Jerkish like. Sorry guys A2MT was bad No More AMTs Ever Again it's Over It's Over *side-eyes the like five AMTs that have happened since his post and one of those we were involved in*

No no, don't get mad at S.N.N., he was right to be that way due to A2MT being canceled the same year as those posts, one of those posts being in WitherSnow's terrible "What can we finish with A2MT" thread, JUMP hadn't gone into developmental hell yet. You're reading things as though they were of today, they were from 8 years ago, I apologize for not making it clear.

Anyway everyone was an asshole back in 8 years ago talkhaus, that's why I said I'd send goatse to everyone unprompted. Anyway my pop off was less out of anger and more. I want people to learn how to get a proper handle on collabs. They're pretty fun to bunch up together, but stuff like A2MT and SMWCP2 shouldn't be attempted without a stable, solid team. Many times I've seen or heard of collabs falling apart due to scope creep, and I'd like SMW hackers to be able to get past that. I may be banned from SMWC, but I'd like to try and contribute where I can.

touche, i myself would like to apologize to any1 who knows us from 8 years ago tbh, but also at the risk of repeating what we menchioned on the discord, smth abt like The Tone Of It really rubs us the wrong way? it's that self-defeatist attitude that's like,,, c'mon man, even in the past you should know better right? :o
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

hey all - just jumping in to say a) good luck with this project, and i'm really happy to see there's some more smw stuff on the talkhaus, and b) i really don't want to get a bell notification for posts i made when i was like a teenager - we've all changed.

best of luck with this, i'm really hoping it succeeds.
thanks, but let's not be too generous, i haven't met my sarcasm quota for march yet
touche, i myself would like to apologize to any1 who knows us from 8 years ago tbh, but also at the risk of repeating what we menchioned on the discord, smth abt like The Tone Of It really rubs us the wrong way? it's that self-defeatist attitude that's like,,, c'mon man, even in the past you should know better right? :o
totally. fyi, i started and spearheaded smwcp2 over 10 years ago, and each day i watch it die in development hell kills me, and seeing it repeatedly mentioned in this thread is even worse. at this point, i'm just down for more accessible smw content, so if an a3mt comes out of this that rocks, i'll be jumping on it. feel free to drag me through the mud as a defeatist based on one post that was quoted, but it's not quite like that, and really not fair.
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

S.N.N. wrote: 2 years ago b) i really don't want to get a bell notification for posts i made when i was like a teenager - we've all changed.
god ain't that a mood tho. feel like if we saw messages from like even just 5 years ago we'd Perish
S.N.N. wrote: 2 years ago thanks, but let's not be too generous, i haven't met my sarcasm quota for march yet
quick, say a sarcasm,
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

S.N.N. wrote: 2 years ago hey all - just jumping in to say a) good luck with this project, and i'm really happy to see there's some more smw stuff on the talkhaus, and b) i really don't want to get a bell notification for posts i made when i was like a teenager - we've all changed.

best of luck with this, i'm really hoping it succeeds.
Yeah sorry for making it super awkward, my 2013 posts are also cringé
S.N.N. wrote: 2 years ago
thanks, but let's not be too generous, i haven't met my sarcasm quota for march yet
:iris:
S.N.N. wrote: 2 years ago
totally. fyi, i started and spearheaded smwcp2 over 10 years ago, and each day i watch it die in development hell kills me, and seeing it repeatedly mentioned in this thread is even worse. at this point, i'm just down for more accessible smw content, so if an a3mt comes out of this that rocks, i'll be jumping on it. feel free to drag me through the mud as a defeatist based on one post that was quoted, but it's not quite like that, and really not fair.
Disk Poppy is working on it and it's a huge mess from what i've heard. Again, I didn't mean to drag you through the mud and I'm very sorry.

We're currently working on levels for AAT, around 15 have been inserted thus far. After the overworld is done and vanilla bosses are in we'll release our first version, then maybe see if at least one custom boss is feasible or not with our current team, by myself I'd really just need an artist and possibly an assistant battle designer, or less if we're gonna do it King Charles style and soup up an original enemy. However, despite what TiKi would wish, we are not gonna put too much focus on custom bosses.

Personally I'd like to code a few of them with "stolen" graphics and coding techniques from other games a la Brutal Mario for my own personal hack, but that's just because I really like making state machines, as well as my own hack, not really having a marked release date. A3MT though, I'd like to see happen sometime in this year or next.

Still need to continue and make the first (not exactly 1-1 but) level for it, but I'm making a few custom Mario enemies.

I could handle a simple VIP2-4 style boss, Detteiu Hydra style might require messing with a bit of HDMA to move the Layer 2 to reveal the evil cat inside, while 02 style would require basic Mode 7 maneuvering and studying the Easy Mode 7 patch to make a patch that could fit my needs better. I'm not above stealing code from carol or Square to do the pixel draw in DMA effect for a Seven Memes style boss.

Julius or Tanasinn would require a few more man hours and some patches but I think I could do it too. As for Clown Car I still need to learn how to move the camera to my own whims, maybe I could read the autoscroll or L/R scroll code. Also making a looping arena? Maybe it killed you once you reached the end. Sorry for bragging, I just do this as a sort of resume.
camwoodstock wrote: 2 years ago
S.N.N. wrote: 2 years ago b) i really don't want to get a bell notification for posts i made when i was like a teenager - we've all changed.
god ain't that a mood tho. feel like if we saw messages from like even just 5 years ago we'd Perish
how do you think i felt when i saw 15yo koba call the rainbow dash powerup in the 3d asmt engine that never got used for anything, "[r slur]ed"

the only slur i use unironically is faggot and that's entirely because i want to weaponize my homosexuality
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

oh yeah btw there's a taur girl oc cameo in one of the stages (not mine im not into taurs) and It Is Staying and i hope people complain so i can laugh at the youtube bitches atop my furry ivory tower
Image Image
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago oh yeah btw there's a taur girl oc cameo in one of the stages (not mine im not into taurs) and It Is Staying and i hope people complain so i can laugh at the youtube bitches atop my furry ivory tower
it has crossed our mind to sneak in an easter egg to a possible level of ours that features both of our sonas but our problem is neither of us are good at spriting stuff from scratch and also we've been too lazy to update the distro version to work on a second level properly yet fdjkdfsg
SMCslevelengine
eh

Post by SMCslevelengine »

going to consider pitching in a few levels myself, even though I'm not sure why I can't access the discord server
more often known as levelengine
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

SMCslevelengine wrote: 2 years ago going to consider pitching in a few levels myself, even though I'm not sure why I can't access the discord server
I had to consider excising you from the server at least because, while I was uncomfortable with your past actions (white knighting Luzbel and RWhiteGoose, allowing some fucked up behavior in your server, the anti-lockdown stuff), I only decided to take action when a member actually told me you make them uncomfortable due to their past history with you.

Short and to the point I believe in free speech but I also believe in telling people you don't want to hear their bullshit.

Truthfully I was nervous about whether I'd keep you out or not, which is a similar problem I had with aterraformer when he tried to join the first romhack shack server under an alias (a friend caught it). I tried not to say anything in MaGL4 outside of Discordhaus because I didn't want to start drama but I feel that if it's actually affecting collabbers, I'd rather have their peace of mind over your admittedly high quality levels.

Best wishes.
Image Image
SMCslevelengine
eh

Post by SMCslevelengine »

KobaBeach wrote:I had to consider excising you from the server at least because, while I was uncomfortable with your past actions (white knighting Luzbel and RWhiteGoose, allowing some fucked up behavior in your server, the anti-lockdown stuff), I only decided to take action when a member actually told me you make them uncomfortable due to their past history with you.

Short and to the point I believe in free speech but I also believe in telling people you don't want to hear their bullshit.

Truthfully I was nervous about whether I'd keep you out or not, which is a similar problem I had with aterraformer when he tried to join the first romhack shack server under an alias (a friend caught it). I tried not to say anything in MaGL4 outside of Discordhaus because I didn't want to start drama but I feel that if it's actually affecting collabbers, I'd rather have their peace of mind over your admittedly high quality levels.
Not sure what this should have to do with participating in the collab itself, if I'm willing to opt to stay out of the discord server to respect that user's wishes. Speaking of the incidents in my own Discord server I was letting slide (keyword, was), I recently ended up learning something super interesting about my ban from SMWCentral.
Long story short, that person who was being excessively toxic on my server, such as by making death threats was doing so to try to get me banned from smwc this whole time, which ultimately succeeded. I still do feel a ban from SMWCentral would have come my way even without his toxicity but yeah, all that happened I guess. After he also admitted to me on steam even more toxic behavior such as pretending to be a doxxer going after some of my other friends I ultimately ended up cutting ties with him. Blocked on discord, banned from my discord server and my livestreams, any more accounts I find out or can guess are his alts blocked on sight, the whole 9 yards.
If you really don't want me with my 10+ years of experience to submit any levels at all to A3MT then feel free to say it.
more often known as levelengine
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

dude i was eating lays rn
Image Image