(shouting)

Best LP Boss Character 2021

Making The Most of another year.
ano0maly
Discord User

Best LP Boss Character 2021

Post by ano0maly »

The opposite of the protagonist thread. An antagonist or some other boss that had a good boss fight or was a good boss-type character.
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Re: Best LP Boss Character 2021

Post by camwoodstock »

out of all the antagonists this year, Sabu is certainly the Most Boss-Type of All
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Recency bias here, but I'm giving my vote to one of the last bosses raocow fought in 2021, Tramious Todenburg in SUMMONED.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Sabu
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I'm going to vote Evil Pete (Black Doom), not because of any of the boss fights or even for the in-game character.

Rather, I'm voting for him on the basis that he is by far the most memorable antagonist of the year, solely due to the way raocow reacted to him throughout the Shadow LP. It's like in some way, he was an antagonist for raocow, whose goal was to make him enjoy the game less, and that dynamic was a big part of the LP.

I don't know if this is exactly in the spirit of the award, but it's the basis for my vote.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

Yes, I was just about to vote for Evil Pete as well. Shadow's clingy-ass father that gets no respect.

Also I still think his design is cool. n~yoron
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago Sabu
sabu is one of the bosses of all time <3
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

I was going to say Tramious, and Sabu's got serious chops too, but I know in my heart it's gotta be Evil Pete. That character was the gift that kept on giving: his stupidity in the game, interplay with raocow, and excellent memeability.

"Shadow... Next, you must storm the human food supply and acquire a container of peanut butter, Jif Crunchy Organic, for our own purposes. Remember what the humans took from you... Do not disappoint us...

... Skippy Creamy with Honey?! What are you doing, you traitor?!?!"
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

As far as boss battles go, Ripto from Spyro 2 was cool. Multiple phases and having the majority of the fight being about powerups utilized by both Spyro and Ripto led to a variety of neat attacks.

As a character, I've seen differing views about him: some people see his plotline as just silliness, but for others he is the favorite antagonist in the trilogy. Even if it's the case that the story could have made him feel more of a threat (maybe the game could have not excised the parts that describe how he influenced Avalar), the final battle had a vibe of an immersive climax. At least the bosses in this game were a step up from the predecessor.