(shouting)

The Mosts Discussion Topic

It's the Most Mosterful time of the year. Or something. Look, I'll change this heading later.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: The Mosts Discussion Topic

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Yeah, a lag between end of category creation and end of voting would be good. That way categories added late can still get a reasonable number of votes.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Rixithechao wrote: 3 years ago Personally it'd be nice to have a bit more time to vote; I've got family birthdays through the 7th (father on the 31st, brother on the 3rd, grandmother on the 7th) and an extended family living in the same neighborhood that's frustratingly stubborn about keeping up their traditions and get-togethers in spite of the pandemic. I don't mind category creation ending on the 1st, but having a week of voting after that would still be preferable.
Sounds like a great idea, category creation should end the 1st and voting will wrap up a week later
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Seconding that. Sounds good to me! January 1st for no more topics, January 8th for the last day of voting. Not sure if I can stop topics being created at that point, but I bet it'll quiet down in a big way anyway by then.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

It feels like this Mosts started with people emphasizing on 2020 games and stuff from let's plays this year, which is fun and all, but it's been slow to roll out categories centered on talkhaus members themselves. And some of the topics intended to be about users are shifting to become threads about characters from LPs.

More talkhausers should get some spotlight :sheath:
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who's been feeling that way. I honestly thought of making a Most Snubbed for a Game or Character 2020 thread, though that feels like it's approaching too meta/drama-inducing territory.

Going forward, perhaps we could use a format like "Category Name (Subject)" when a specific group is intended?
  • It's clear right from the title whether you're supposed to vote for members or characters.
  • If there'd be enough votes for both members and characters to warrant two threads then doing, for example, "Most Reliable 2020 (Character)" and "Most Reliable 2020 (Member)", would make for more organized tallying because in alphabetical order they'll be adjacent.
  • When it comes time for listing the results and making the userbars, the separate subject groups could be treated as co-winners (with or without calling them that).
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Rixithechao wrote: 3 years ago Glad to know I wasn't the only one who's been feeling that way. I honestly thought of making a Most Snubbed for a Game or Character 2020 thread, though that feels like it's approaching too meta/drama-inducing territory.

Going forward, perhaps we could use a format like "Category Name (Subject)" when a specific group is intended?
  • It's clear right from the title whether you're supposed to vote for members or characters.
  • If there'd be enough votes for both members and characters to warrant two threads then doing, for example, "Most Reliable 2020 (Character)" and "Most Reliable 2020 (Member)", would make for more organized tallying because in alphabetical order they'll be adjacent.
  • When it comes time for listing the results and making the userbars, the separate subject groups could be treated as co-winners (with or without calling them that).
That's a fantastic idea, but the current categories have votes for both. It could be possible to split them but it'd take a lot of work.
Would everyone be ok with this?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Yeah, I'm mostly suggesting this added clarity for newly-created categories and maybe as a rule/guideline from the start for next year. Personally I'm not opposed to splitting up existing threads, but aside from however much work it'd be to move all the posts around I imagine making sure people are okay with it on a thread-by-thread basis (some folks might consider offloading some votes to a separate thread to not be in the spirit of the category or something, idk) might not be worth the trouble.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

seems like a solution in search of a problem to me, but it's harmless enough i guess?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Honestly, I had assumed part of the charm, if not the purpose, of the Mosts was that, the more one tries to design a category with a certain type of answer in mind, the more likely the commentariat are to submit nominations that are not of that answer type.

Otherwise I'd probably be a lot more irritated at a lot more people.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

I think it's a bit late to be splitting the posts, because it could get confusing for the people who already voted. Let's just take this as a lesson learned for next year. In any event, I just added a few more member-specific threads, to help balance things out a bit. I might add more up until the deadline, who knows, but it seems like activity in this forum is beginning to dwindle.

I haven't voted much in the member-specific categories, because I don't think I really know anyone well enough yet. I'll need some more time to think about them. It's just easier to post what video game, LP, etc. you liked or disliked, which could be one reason why the categories intended for members aren't getting enough votes.