(shouting)

The Mosts Discussion Topic

They're here! They're back! I don't know what to put here. The Mosts exist, so let's do this!
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Re: The Mosts Discussion Topic

Post by Griflion »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago you know what calling it most accurate was a mistake, I'm changing it to just best
that means 2010-2019 is only better than 2011-2020 if stuff that will happen in 2020 are worse than what happened in 2010.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

you know what making that thread at all was a mistake

(don't delete it, I'm still gonna see this through to the end)
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

what is your vote
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

my stance on the matter isn't the issue. I'm lamenting the fact that I stupidly put myself in the middle of a heated semantic debate to satisfy my own curiosity and then bungled the execution and then bungled the attempt to unbungle it

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago you know what making that thread at all was a mistake
fwiw I have not once been seriously fussed about the whole thing, which I had hoped this post and to a lesser extent this post would convey but perhaps they did not do so adequately, for which I apologize

Frankly I think your thread is a top quality Joke Most because of how organic it is

(I do seriously hold that the lack of a 0 AD means calendar decades go 1-0 instead of 0-9 but the rest of it is all in good fun)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I was literally just doing it for sumio
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

:demo:

All I did was ask why there are so many threads spanning ten years when it was about this year, regardless of when the decade actually starts, like the categories themselves aren't necessarily bad but maybe we're going off track

Also I hate to admit it but the argument for 2011-2020 sounds pretty convincing
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

I don't mind the joke categories one bit

What i do mind is how people keep giving joke votes to serious categories

cmon theres places for that
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Hey, y'all want to slightly tone it down on the joke Mosts? Remember that poor Awoo is going to have not only sift through the topics but tally this stuff up at the end. I mean, it's funny and all sometimes, but it's kind of going overboard this year.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I mean I just assumed that we'd just ignore the more out there categories when it came time to actually report results
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Nast

Post by Nast »

I'm responsible for at least one Decade most and a couple joke ones so I apologize if I've caused any trouble. I'll stick to just voting for now.

Is there any way I could help to lighten Awoo's workload? Like helping with tallying the votes?
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

NastCF wrote: 4 years ago I'm responsible for at least one Decade most and a couple joke ones so I apologize if I've caused any trouble. I'll stick to just voting for now.

Is there any way I could help to lighten Awoo's workload? Like helping with tallying the votes?
That could certainly help, though I think if anything the userbars/making them could be more of a challenge. I hope I didn't bite off too much by volunteering for this this year, but it's certainly been fun/interesting so far :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Nast

Post by Nast »

How's the process of making the userbars? I know some Photoshop so I could potentially help with that too.
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

haha you don't have to make userbars for all the dumb categories
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

(yes you do)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

So, in the Least Likely to Host Future Mosts thread I said it should be safe to go ahead and disregard threads with low reply counts counts, but then I actually went and looked through all 5 pages of this subforum and wow I really didn't expect this many threads with 6 or more replies. At this point, maybe it would be best for the mods to outright disable thread creation here (assuming that's possible), or perhaps pre-emptively split off the more blatant joke threads into a "no-userbars" subforum or something? idk.

Regarding the userbars, I've been looking into the possible utility of the Unity editor for that; it's a bit unorthodox/overkill, but a Unity project that makes use of the UI and prefab systems to display userbars in the Game mode window could be a good free alternative to the photoshop templates we've been using. I won't be going too far with my experiments for now -- I've promised some folks I wouldn't take on more dev projects so I'm mostly just testing the aspects that overlap with projects I've already got on my plate -- but that's something I'll be exploring more at some point next year.

In the meantime, since I contributed quite a bit to the flood myself I'm willing to do what I can to help with the tallying, though if it'd be any time between the 18th and January 5th I'll have to squeeze it in between family holiday events.

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

NastCF wrote: 4 years ago How's the process of making the userbars? I know some Photoshop so I could potentially help with that too.
tangy is planning to make them, but I don't know if Awoo also wants to? If you have a compatible Photoshop, there's a template available for the Mosts userbars to aid in making them.

I think we did have people helping out with counting votes too, if Awoo wants some help.
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

Awoo wrote:
if you like we can call it there on threads
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

rena wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote:
if you like we can call it there on threads
I'd be ok with ending it on Thursday if rockythechao is ok with the volume of userbars. If not, here is fine, really up to rockythechao at this point

Thanks to both of you :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

id be fine with splitting the userbar workload between myself and nast (and rocky if he figures his thing out)[and anyone else who would like to volunteer] if its necessary

EDIT: there's a slight problem though
awoo, you don't have discord so i have no idea if you can be swiftly contacted
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

tangy wrote: 4 years ago id be fine with splitting the userbar workload between myself and nast (and rocky if he figures his thing out)[and anyone else who would like to volunteer] if its necessary

EDIT: there's a slight problem though
awoo, you don't have discord so i have no idea if you can be swiftly contacted
Yeah I kinda softlocked myself into an old Discord account I no longer use and don't know how to fix it since I don't remember the password for that or how to really log out of it :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

It'd probably be best not to get into the Unity thing for the time being except as a fallback plan (for reasons I have repeatedly written and rewritten and ultimately decided it'd be faster not to get into right now), but if I can sort out my current Creative Cloud headache I'm open to helping lighten tangy's and nast's workload.

To be clear, by ending here vs thursday do you mean just for thread creation or the Mosts altogether? Getting to the tallying sooner would be better timing for me (if we go with that I might? be able to handle all the tallying myself if need be) but I'm worried about rushing the community.

I honestly forget how long past Mosts went on for and I've lost track of how long this one's been running, so I'm not sure what a reasonable specific timeframe would be, but I do feel like it would be best to cut off thread creation soon if not right away but still give everyone a bit more time to vote on the existing ones. That said, I also wouldn't want it to be delayed to the point where I won't be able to help as much and other folks would end up stuck with the bulk of the gruntwork.

But I also don't want to take on the bulk of the work if other folks would prefer do it themselves. Just, in general, my offers to help are for however little or much everyone's comfortable with.

As for deciding which of the final set of threads make the cut for userbars, that can be worked out once voting's over.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago To be clear, by ending here vs thursday do you mean just for thread creation or the Mosts altogether? Getting to the tallying sooner would be better timing for me (if we go with that I might? be able to handle all the tallying myself if need be) but I'm worried about rushing the community.
I was thinking thread creation, with voting itself spread over the next week
Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago I honestly forget how long past Mosts went on for and I've lost track of how long this one's been running, so I'm not sure what a reasonable specific timeframe would be, but I do feel like it would be best to cut off thread creation soon if not right away but still give everyone a bit more time to vote on the existing ones. That said, I also wouldn't want it to be delayed to the point where I won't be able to help as much and other folks would end up stuck with the bulk of the gruntwork.

But I also don't want to take on the bulk of the work if other folks would prefer do it themselves. Just, in general, my offers to help are for however little or much everyone's comfortable with.

As for deciding which of the final set of threads make the cut for userbars, that can be worked out once voting's over.
I totally forgot how long it went for last year, too. I don't want to rush the community, but I don't want to overburden myself or any of you with userbars or anything like that, either. That's why I was thinking a timeframe like that, but this is the first time I've volunteered to help out with this so I'm more than open to any ideas anyone else has
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Last year went on for a little over two weeks, but you decide
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Yeah I kinda softlocked myself into an old Discord account I no longer use and don't know how to fix it since I don't remember the password for that or how to really log out of it :ehh:
https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us ... a-new-one-