(shouting)

Jappio's Sprites

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Jappio

Re: Jappio's Sprites

Post by Jappio »

Did some fiddling around with Link again. Rather than add frames, I've decided to take some advice and add blurring instead.

Still not done with it yet. Still need to do the magic portion of it all, and a bit more movement in things like his hat and hair. Just sort of a progress update.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Nothing too serious or special. Was bored and toyed around with trying to sprite something with only one 'color'. Aka, I chose a color, and only altered the lightness and darkness. No hues shifting. Went with my second favorite Pokemon, Sandslash.

Lightning is the ultimate force. All shall bow to the might of Lightning, or it will strike you down.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Finally got this sheet done. I've dropped the Qwilfish line, and just went with a platypus line.

Hydra is like way better now, I'm very content.

Narlight is pretty similar to what he was in the old days. One of the few things I did back then that I liked and felt I did a decent enough job on.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

I know I haven't been posting anything, but that's because my spriting has been mostly involved with a contest. Now that it's done, I'll post the stuff I'd been entering:

A flan recolor. Was first round, and I just thought this would be silly. I have a Ditto I nicknamed pudding, so that's kind of where the idea came from.

A 3rd gen style trainer sprite of Lina Inverse from the anime Slayers.

A remake of my Spinda evo.

Remake of my ice cube Fakemon.

A remake of my fire spiny lizard Fakemon.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

You've improved quite substantially since the first page here. I suggest you have a look at The Spriter's Resource. There are some really top class spriters over there, and they're willing to give you a hand in improving the quality of your sprites even more, as long as you're willing to learn.

It might seem a bit harsh, but, while your sprites are good, they could be a lot better.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Not harsh at all. I completely agree. I'm doing my best to keep improving, and thanks for the tip. I know the place, but they're shear skill above mine is intimidating at times, so I haven't bothered to post there in a long time =P

I know I've been like super slow with updates lately. Not sure why, I just haven't been spriting very often. I've done a little poking around, but no results to show yet. I was working with Poke World, but editing the Koopalings has thus far been obnoxious. I'd link to a video of the work I did on it, but it's pretty bad and I'm usually against showing off work that the maker knows is bad. I'll try and tweak it to the best I can do when I'm more ready to tackle that.

Yet I finally finished up the over worlds for that RPG I'm working on. Next up will be battle sprites.

All 8 protagonists are now done. Ryu is the main character, dual swords and wind magic. Raizou is my usual big buff axe and lightning wield Asgardian. Shun-Yu is the wacky Chinese Hopping Vampire. Moonblade is a mystic sword user type. Ray is a mixture of black and white magic. Shroomette is a blatant visual rip off and healer. Vargas is the team mimic, he copies spells and what not. Ira is a black mage. The columns sort of represent the character owners.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVo_MhJxiU

I didn't show it here, but I did make a video showing previous work on Arbok. It was really bad though and I uploaded it more as a "I suck" type deal, and didn't feel that it was something I had to go showing off. Yet I've made some improvements I like so I can finally move on from there. Weezing and Meowth are next probably.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

The following is nothing serious. Just a set of stuff that I end up making when I'm bored and sitting around with an open MS Paint window. I really need to learn to better use my time.

Some of these are I think a couple of years old too, but figured I'd grab whatever has been saved and drop it on a page. Trust me, this page would be like 5 times larger if over half the time I didn't just close the window without saving. These are so non-purposeful, and I only save them on a whim.

Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Some more Pokeworld, this time Weezing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmB56VFLqxk
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Jappio

Post by Jappio »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awXWsXkUUx8

I have no words to add to this beyond these.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Here's just a little something I ended up making by mistake. Sometimes I'll open paint, draw a few lines, make some dumb pattern, and close it off without saving. This time I ended up drawing something that looked like an upper torso, then I drew some lines to make the dress shape, and then I realized it looked a lot like that humanoid Toadette I always make.

So yeah, that's why this exists. I took my doodle and went with it since it wasn't looking too bad for once.

peculiorz
whoah!!!
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by peculiorz »

Oh holy wow, the Super Poke World stuff is flipping amazing!!
:catcrime: :bi_pride: :nb_pride:
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Some more Fakemon work.

I took the bush dragon concept and extended it an extra evolution since I'm dropping the pine-tree Fakemon I made.

I also again figured I'd start up my recording software while I was making the last form for those of you who like seeing the creation process:
http://youtu.be/BKx6umELbEE
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Well, I decided I wanted to practice poses, animations, and stuff, so I did some practice.

Ugg, this is a nightmare. I'm usually against posting stuff I know is bad, but this is a case of me not being sure where I went wrong, and I spent too many hours on this otherwise. Not sure if it's the general anatomy I'm messing up, what frames I ended up using, or where I have the sprite itself positioned. Any comments or critique welcomed.

I also have a bunch of the different stages of work I did. Here they are, in order of their creation.

I didn't know who to use for the longest time, but I eventually settled on Anna from Fire Emblem. If I had ended up doing better than I ended up with, I might have put in more detail and shading.
QuietForte

Post by QuietForte »

Oh wow, this is absolutely awesome. This blows my mind, actually. Hats off to you, my good sir. The post showing the stages of the development is very interesting.
Check out my chiptune creations at:
http://soundcloud.com/phazonchiptunes
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Really? Wow, thanks. I really don't think it's anything all that great, but I like that you like it =)

Here is some more of that PokeWolrd stuff.

http://youtu.be/sQFcbket9ZY
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Wow, your pokemon sprites are incredible.

Also I feel like Anna might look better if you sped up the frames a little. Then maybe we'd be able to see if something still looked odd from there. I dunno.
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Frozelar wrote:Wow, your pokemon sprites are incredible.

Also I feel like Anna might look better if you sped up the frames a little. Then maybe we'd be able to see if something still looked odd from there. I dunno.
Thanks, glad you like them.

Also here it is sped up a bit:

I think in general one thing I did wrong is that as I went to add mass and such, I wasn't so much keeping proportions similar anymore, so her legs get fatter and skinnier too suddenly. At this point, I just can't tell if that's all I did wrong or not.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Yeah, I think the leg thing is a problem. I also think that it might be better if there was just more frames in general. Like to me it seems like there might be too few frames and that makes it look a little choppy. I could be wrong though. It really seems like a pretty good animation all-around
Jappio

Post by Jappio »

I have some more Fakemon sprites. Look, I finally made an evolution to the mechanical turtle.

Jappio

Post by Jappio »

Ok, still practicing things like animation. After a tutorial in animating, I'm starting with the very basics now:

I know it' super simple, but basics are important from what I hear.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

The ease is slightly off. You'll want it to be moving fastest just as it leaves/before it hits the ground.
dasshu
❄❄❄❄
First name: flurry
Pronouns: they/them

Post by dasshu »

These sprites look really awesome, especially the splices. They remind me of this one Pokemon generator I've been seeing more recently, except your's are more "professional"-looking and a lot nicer.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Hoeloe wrote:The ease is slightly off. You'll want it to be moving fastest just as it leaves/before it hits the ground.
This is exactly right, there's currently three frames of it in contact with the ground. If it's meant to be like a living slime that's okay, generating its own force from within, but if it's meant to be like a bouncy ball, it should probably be just the one squashed frame.