(shouting)

the hell is a.t.x.s.?

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: the hell is a.t.x.s.?

Post by Leet »

aww, really? that kind of sucks. :(
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Well, we could, but it'd look like ass. Since we are expecting people to pay money for the books, we'd like to get them a product which could be reasonably considered "worth owning".
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

It would be litteraly unreadable though, aod. Like, take the font size of the Acc chapter, and make it even smaller.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Well, it would be possible to blow the pages up a bit. It'd look like ass, but, speaking literally, it's within the realm of physical possibility in this universe.

And if even we did just leave it tiny, it'd be unreadable yes, but that doesn't make it literally speaking impossible-- in the same sense that, say, traveling back in time and killing your grandfather is impossible.

But I'm being pedantic. :P
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Do you have a sample page we could see? Is it that bad?
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

http://atxs.comicdish.com

Download any particular page from S1 and look at it in Photoshop. You'll notice that the resolution of the page is in web native resolution and not print-resolution (300 DPI or above).

What this means is that for any given page, if it is printed as-is at current pixel dimensions and resolutions, will appear microscopic.
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

This is unfortunate, since I really liked the first season.

Just dreaming here -- but I wonder how a season 1 reboot would look? :lol:
Asinine Arcade
which may or may not be a thing
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Probably unimaginable at present. We would only think about rebooting S1 after we'd finished the whole comic. By then, who knows how the style would have evolved? ;)
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

Understandable. Are y'alls on a break from the comic? I haven't seen updates in a while :O
Asinine Arcade
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Things sort of got unsettled with raocow's new job, and he's making one page a week nowadays. I'll post them all when we've finished the chapter. We're getting fairly close.
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

Oh that's sad :C

However, I'm super excited for the new stuff! I love the new style raocow has adopted whether it be temporary or not. It's so moody and aaaahhhh
Asinine Arcade
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

You can follow raocow on tumblr. http://fastfoward.tumblr.com/

Here you can see the pages he's made recently. No text yet!
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

Oh yesssss
it's the first thing that shows up when I type an F into my url bar.

Not that that's creepy or anything.
Asinine Arcade
Leet

Post by Leet »

Couldn't you just redo the lettering for a season 1 book...?

well, no, that would suck, because there'd be really hard-to-look-at art next to clear crisp text. That would look weird. :P
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

I think part of it is also the style and art changes also, not just the quality. As neat as it would be to have an actual real-life copy of Season 1, I don't think we can expect to have one at least until they finish the series.
Asinine Arcade
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Ah man, the monastery arc just arrived at my place (yes, I'm late, I know). I haven't looked at more than the character specs yet, but that already made me crack up. Can't wait to read the whole thing on the train soon, or something!
Oh and, if you don't mind asking, are there any plans for a next comic book edition?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Yes.

THe issue is speed, with work and lps the time I have for drawing pages has been significantly reduced, but we're slowly and steadily getting there.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

is there any chance demo would ever make an appearance? Even if it's only a background cameo?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raocow

Post by raocow »

Considering everything, it's not impossible at all, especially as a background sort of thing! But don't expect any actual 'role' or what have you.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

raocow wrote:Considering everything, it's not impossible at all, especially as a background sort of thing! But don't expect any actual 'role' or what have you.
I think it'd be cute to have Demo as a cameo appearance, like as a doll or an action figure a character could be holding.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

an ancient ruin with a mural of demo, an open coffin with the bloodied remains..
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Leet

Post by Leet »

ok so The School Arc arrived yesterday and i finished it today

it was amazing. short, yes, but hey, the other two volumes are fairly large so i can't wait to order them. amazing, though. so amazing.

sometimes it was kind of hard to tell what was going on (especially since I haven't read Season 1) but i did figure it out and it was really awesome. going to order the accelerate arc probably within the next two weeks. :D
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Good. Good! That's what we like to hear!! Glad you're enjoying it. :D
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I really should read this someday

really
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Ladies and gentlemen...
I present to you... the precessor of ATXS - A.rtificial T.ime!
raocow linked to this comic of his yesterday on his Tumblr, and it seems to basically be a pre-story for ATXS, written all the way back in 2005, and featuring the backstories of some of the main characters which ATXS itself never really showed!

One of the things we learn here is that Shift used to be a subordinate of Accelerate and helped her on her bounty hunts before she became a teenager. For a good portion of the story, she gets stuck with a small kid, but eventually gets rid of him by
Also, Brake used to work in a restaurant as a waiter.

The writing also seems to be a lot more random and fourth-wall breaking than in ATXS, fitting in with raocow's (and presumably AoD's) style of humor from back then. At one point, it's asking you to play Rammstein's "Angel" and the Moonlight Sonata overlapped in order to create the soundtrack for one page. Simply wonderful.

Another interesting aspect is that the fourth-wall breaking actually seems kind of necessary sometimes and even goes so far as to make it easier to understand the comic, because Rao literally points out what certain sploches of ink are supposed to represent, which can, admittedly, still be quite difficult to make out even in ATXS nowadays.
In the end, it's a really nice read, somewhat more comprehensable story-wise than ATXS, and definitely interesting for any ATXS fan!
That's about it, really.
Oh, and
For more information, barricade yourself inside a meat locker for several days.