(shouting)

the hell is a.t.x.s.?

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
[AOD]

Re: the hell is this?

Post by [AOD] »

It's an imaginary image, so she's getting whatever you imagine!

!~[AOD]
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

Shes drinking some milk, its just that it spilled. Whats wrong with that? :P
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

She's getting goo from her own gun.
dont wanna jihad no more
serendipity

Post by serendipity »

it sure made me think.
Joelcll

Post by Joelcll »

going into context...

What happened with squish transforming into green goo... ?
she got better in no time
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

It's like a cold. If you get your mind off it, you sense the symptoms quite a bit less.

Also, the text version infers that you can't really die in those holy grounds because you just automaticaly get better. I'm guessing the same thing happens with illnesses
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

This is incredible. One of the best comics I've ever read, even though it's sort of all over the place at some points. Personally I can possible draw something of the sort, but it would most likely take me 3 times longer to draw any of that. :lol:

Still it's incredible! :mrgreen:
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
freelop

Post by freelop »

So I noticed the podcast at the bottom of the page for the first time and greatly enjoyed listening to it. Did this ever get any more episodes or was it dropped?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I guess we never really took the time to do another, since we never had much feedback on it.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Would you be interested in doing another one?
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I know I'd be interested in listening to another one.
chaosking2

Post by chaosking2 »

cool! 8-)
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Re: the hell is a.t.x.s.?

Post by swirlybomb »

soooooooooo

I've been considering ordering an ATXS book or too, but I'm kind of hesitant. Although they'd probably be rad to have, my concern is that ATXS seems rather insane and all over the place and kinda hard to follow. I read the first 'chapter' or so online (I haven't read further because I'd rather save it for the book(s) if I decided to get them), and it was like, it's amusing, and I KINDA grasp what's going on but not entirely? Can anyone give me a general overview or recommendation or something?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

chaosking2 wrote:cool! 8-)
Yes Quiiiite. :ugeek:
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

swirlybomb wrote:soooooooooo

I've been considering ordering an ATXS book or too, but I'm kind of hesitant. Although they'd probably be rad to have, my concern is that ATXS seems rather insane and all over the place and kinda hard to follow. I read the first 'chapter' or so online (I haven't read further because I'd rather save it for the book(s) if I decided to get them), and it was like, it's amusing, and I KINDA grasp what's going on but not entirely? Can anyone give me a general overview or recommendation or something?
Basically an excuse for crazy visuals, desert wasteland battles and non-sequitors given form. Theoretically it's about Sheath and her companions making their way through a desert wasteland and they keep getting sidetracked or separated.

I like Chapter 3, "To Reunite", if you're looking for a point where it gets more or less "coherent" both characterization and plotwise. It also greatly expands the cast at this point, essentially becoming an ensemble with no clear main character as the focus.
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

I know it's a couple of years late, but this whole thing is just really beautiful. I'm about 500 pages in and I've already read the School Arc. I just feel really awesome when I read it. Your characters are very diverse and interesting, and the visuals are incredible! It can be sometimes hard to follow, but it breaks the fourth wall of comic book writing! Very fascinating stuff, and great work guys!
Asinine Arcade
which may or may not be a thing
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

swirlybomb wrote:soooooooooo

My recommendation is to start from the first page of http://season2.comicdish.com instead of http://atxs.comicdish.com

Season 1 is kind of confusing trash because we didn't really have any plans or know what we were doing at all, so the result is an ad-libbed mess. Season 2 is when we started to get more of a handle on things.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Oops, I suppose I forgot to specify that I did start with Season 2, and I was still getting confused on what's happening from frame to frame. The overall plot sure (first day of school, some silly-nonsense card battle whatever), but understanding who's who or what specifically is happening was a bit of a problem.

I'm not sure if that's something that comes with time possibly, or what. Or maybe it overall improves beyond that first chapter and just has a bit of a rough start?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
raocow

Post by raocow »

The man issue with a.t.x.s. is that... well, basically, season 1 is kind of terrible, but season 2 requires you to know the characters of season 1. I know AoD often tries to tell people to skip season 1 entirely, but then season 2 becomes that much harder to follow since peeps dont have the build-up.

In all honestly, the good thing to do would be to start over but since progress is so slow to start with, we kind of don't want to comit to that :/
EvilPear13

Post by EvilPear13 »

raocow wrote:The man issue with a.t.x.s. is that... well, basically, season 1 is kind of terrible, but season 2 requires you to know the characters of season 1. I know AoD often tries to tell people to skip season 1 entirely, but then season 2 becomes that much harder to follow since peeps dont have the build-up.

In all honestly, the good thing to do would be to start over but since progress is so slow to start with, we kind of don't want to comit to that :/
That's pretty understandable. I would recommend reading starting from the firsts season.
But man, I took ATXS so casually I didn't really care so much about the plot, I just really like the characters. In itself, I would find little sense in skipping the first season because that's like skipping half of a novel!
Asinine Arcade
which may or may not be a thing
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Hmm, I see... I suppose I should give season 1 a shot when I have time.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

raocow wrote:The man issue with a.t.x.s. is that... well, basically, season 1 is kind of terrible, but season 2 requires you to know the characters of season 1. I know AoD often tries to tell people to skip season 1 entirely, but then season 2 becomes that much harder to follow since peeps dont have the build-up.

To be honest, the story arcs in and of themselves are kinda hard to understand already, but it does definitely help to have read season 1 before. However, even after reading all the way up to the monastery arc, I /still/ have problems telling apart Shift and Float and I don't know why. Although that might just be me being bad at character recognization.

Either way, I think revamping the first season might help you guys get more regular viewers (especially if you make it more easily accessible), and personally I'd love to see the original season in your new and more coherent art and writing styles.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Aposke wrote: To be honest, the story arcs in and of themselves are kinda hard to understand already, but it does definitely help to have read season 1 before. However, even after reading all the way up to the monastery arc, I /still/ have problems telling apart Shift and Float and I don't know why. Although that might just be me being bad at character recognition.
Shift - Cynical, laconic, world-weary, but relatively good-natured and laid-back. Wields a big sword. Has a small pink horn, and a purple shirt that says "Happy" at the bottom, near the hem. The "leader".

Float - Always slightly angry, constantly challenging others to a duel, uses a samurai sword and creates big energy arcs. Ambitious and easily provoked. Teal hair, miniskirt, thigh-high stockings.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

So I think I'm correct on this aspect - the book publications start at the beginning of Season 2 and there are no Season 1 books, seemingly...?

This shouldn't be TOO much of a problem for me, since I started at Volume 11 of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and that was in the middle of a battle... but, see, I dislike reading things online. If possible, I always prefer to read them in book form. So... is there any chance we'll get Season 1 books, or am I just missing something?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow

Post by raocow »

The problem with season 1 is that they exist at a too low a resolution for printing. Even the original files!