(shouting)

bittertown artdump-- 02/24/2012

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
bittertowncowboy

bittertown artdump-- 02/24/2012

Post by bittertowncowboy »

inspired by the recent activity boost~ It is time for me to scan some new art.
until then, I got older stuff from this year.

Some character designs:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... ndakid.png
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 1aaf97.jpg the spacey lookin kid in that first picture was my original design idea for these twins [who are tentatively named lemon and melon. though I am still not sure which is which :'D]
from a project that never really got anywhere [at least, not yet :C].

Weeaboo animu fanart:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 0daeda.png
clearly backgrounds are not my strong point.

It's been too long since I've actually drawn something seriously. I have pages and pages of shitty crayon doodles though. it is a shame and a half.
Last edited by bittertowncowboy 12 years ago, edited 58 times in total.
Lonesome Diamond

Re: bittertown artdump--

Post by Lonesome Diamond »

Finally, some constructive art to talk about on here! (If I sound bitter about what threads there are on here, I AM.)

I like the Lemon and Melon designs. I think the boy should be Melon because he seems "mellow"...oh man. The Girl should be Lemon cuz' she looks more zesty and active...they remind me of Palom and Porom from FFIV :] (Any male/female twins do...screw phil and lil)

...You're alot better with PS then me :P (If I had a freaking SCANNER! >.<) For the sketches on the top, I like the one on the left. You used sketchier lines and the forms are alot better. The design for the one on the right isn't bad(I like all the skull variations), but the body type just looks like a wood plank. Too straight, that never works. ESPECIALLY for females.(I'm assuming you know this, however, looking at the left image)

You used the word Weeaboo...*shudders* >__< (That word angers and freaks me out alot)
bittertowncowboy

Thankyouuu~!
I was leaning towards having their names the other way acutally, but what you said makes sense. I will have to draw them out some more and test some colours to decide officially ;D
I've never actually used photoshop in my life, I do all my colouring with either OpenCanvas or my new lover, Paint Tool SAI [the one up there was done with SAI].
About spacekid looking to planky, I know exactly what you mean. I tend to smooth things out TOO much when I try to draw clean like that. I always end up liking my art a lot more when I use sketchy quick lines. It flows so much better. :C I also think my problem with that design was... the design itself. I always build my body shape from the torso and work down, but he's got that stupid capelet thing that covers any mass I could have put there, and then the bubbleshorts do the same thing. [though the reason he isnt curvy like a girl is because... he is not a girl :'D just an androgynous boy.]

and on the topic of weeaboo, I never use the word seriously :C It's pretty much become the new "nerd" in my vocab.

/novel
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

hahaha you know something that I really like about all these pictures is that, whether subtly or not, you've got a skull in there on their clothing, and that's pretty neat.

but has nothing to do with the actual art, really.
other comments, hm..
I actually really like it all, maybe I'm just a very sympathetic judge of things, but, like, especially the top two sketches. like, the one on the left is awesome 'cause it's a hot pirate chick with the, of course, big boobs and skinny tummy, but of course it's all fake so who cares if it's real? I'd like to see a more finished picture of her, especially with colors and such.
as for the girly-boy on the right, I mean...the clothes look odd to me and I have no idea why any guy would WANT to have his stomach exposed that fully while still covering his chest and shoulders and everything but since people do that type of thing everywhere I guess that's not a big deal. just preference is all. and honestly as far as his plank-like body structure, I've seen that in lots of places, it just makes him look weak like he's never gonna be in a cool fight scene but the expression on his face does that for him anyway. it looks really two-dimensional but then again it's just a simple design drawing. I've seen worse in professional stuff.
the panda kid kinda scares me, though that's probably just 'cause of whatever you used to draw it.
I like the twins, too, and I agree with Lonesome Diamond about the names. though where it looks like you were gonna put their eyes (or blushy cheeks?) would be reaaally low...though since that's really light on there I'm guessing that was just like something not meant to be in the finished thing. but they're simple yet give off a completely different feeling from each other, and I kinda like that.

you should share your horrible crayon doodles!
I'm actually really curious to see how different they are from this stuff, and how terrible they could possibly be if they're worth mentioning and doing pages and pages of them.

anyway. so I wish I was better at actually criticizing things. but I never really care too much about errors in stuff like this because it's not like you're copying something from real life, you're just drawing it on your own. I mean for instance all my doodles, it's like, that's how I draw, I don't care if it's life-like or not, really, because it's not supposed to be. and your drawings are obviously not supposed to be, like, 100% realistic, so why care if the proportions are off a little? it's not like you've got HUGE arms with TINY hands or the pirate chick's boobs are twice the size of her head while her stomach's the size of her wrist, you know? Though I mean, it's all whatever. criticism's good for anything as long as it's constructive and not oppressive or rude.
Lonesome Diamond

bittertowncowboy wrote: About spacekid looking to planky, I know exactly what you mean. I tend to smooth things out TOO much when I try to draw clean like that. I always end up liking my art a lot more when I use sketchy quick lines. It flows so much better. :C I also think my problem with that design was... the design itself. I always build my body shape from the torso and work down, but he's got that stupid capelet thing that covers any mass I could have put there, and then the bubbleshorts do the same thing. [though the reason he isnt curvy like a girl is because... he is not a girl :'D just an androgynous boy.]

and on the topic of weeaboo, I never use the word seriously :C It's pretty much become the new "nerd" in my vocab.
I do the exact same thing. I always prefer my pictures sketchy. Once I clean it up it looks stiff and etches in really strong. I hate that. Adding color is also a major problem for me (I've neglected it my whole life and now that I need it...sort of a midlife crisis sorta thing @_@)

The shorts and hair caught me off guard on that character...usually I'm good with that. I know it's not my style, but I just checked and I think his torso is also too LONG. Oh, and I think Weeaboo is alot stronger than nerd. Unlike nerd, I find that it can't be endearing and just comes off as insulting. *semantics blah blah blah*

And I've never heard of that program...hm :\

Chrnobog64, I might be wrong, but I think the skinny boy is wearing something under his vest. I think you would see a belly button otherwise... and those are blushing cheeks on lemon and melon, for sure XP
bittertowncowboy

oh man, huge comment is huge. much appreciated!

I've been trying to do a better picture of nameless pirate chick for a while, but I find myself having a hard time drawing the stupid giant animu ringlets in the front of her hair. Soon, hopefully I will have ~something~.

first and foremost, girlyboy's tummy is not exposed. Without colour, I suppose it is hard to tell, but it is supposed to be a shirt with a short vest and a capelet. haha.
The weak body structure is actually what I was trying to go for with him, since he is supposed to be really young, like around 12-14. Since Im not so used to drawing young people he ended up pretty... long [espeically in the torso] and straight, though.

The panda kiddd... was actually just doodled up on a paintchat type thing. Takamin? it's pretty much MS paint with opacity. No layers, no fancy brushes, nothin like that. It was more me trying to jot down any character design that popped into my head.

and I will def. work on getting these crayon shits scanned. A lot of them are in jokes, though. So they may not be as funny to others as they are to me. pfft.
bittertowncowboy

Lonesome Diamond wrote: The shorts and hair caught me off guard on that character...usually I'm good with that. I know it's not my style, but I just checked and I think his torso is also too LONG. Oh, and I think Weeaboo is alot stronger than nerd. Unlike nerd, I find that it can't be endearing and just comes off as insulting. *semantics blah blah blah*

And I've never heard of that program...hm :\

Chrnobog64, I might be wrong, but I think the skinny boy is wearing something under his vest. I think you would see a belly button otherwise... and those are blushing cheeks on lemon and melon, for sure XP
oh man. ninja post while I was writing my other response. :'D I mentioned his long torso in that. It bothers me lots, though I pin that on the clothes again. I do tend to draw long torsos, but not normally that long. there was a lot of erasing and redrawing after I threw on the capelet, it messed up the original body I had sketched [which was a lot wider than what he ended up with. It made him look sliiightly more proportionate. alasss~]

and yes yes yes, those are absolutely blushy cheeks. Their hair is covering their eyes. C:

RE weeaboo: to each their own~ myself and my group of friends use it freely, we all have words that irk us personally.

ETA:
SAI!!
you can download a free trial from here:
http://sai.detstwo.com/sai/
it's a pretty small program and the brushes are amazing, and the colours blend so well. def reccommended if you wanna try out something different. C:
Lonesome Diamond

I downloaded that trial. It seems ALOT smoother than PS Elements 7(which obviously sucks just from the name.) I really like how everything is set up, it's alot easier to navigate. There were alot of functions I didn't understand, but I'll play around with it more later. Thanks, nonetheless :]
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

bittertowncowboy wrote:and yes yes yes, those are absolutely blushy cheeks. Their hair is covering their eyes. C:
Oh, good, I thought so. because you know, that makes so much more sense. but for some reason they looked more like eyes than blushes to me. what with the circles and then little dots within, and I guess since I've seen a lot of straaange styles, I thought "ok so this person's going for weird here. ok. maybe?" but anyway.

and also about girlyboy. thank goodness.
but agreed, if he was a little wider it would've been fine, and if he was a little shorter it would've been fine, because we all know how little head-size matters.
bittertowncowboy

huge huge update because i absolutely love the feedback here way way more than at dev art or any other place ;m; <3

CRAYON DOODLE. raocow edition?

The only one scanned so far. I will get back on that when it is not so hot! [my choices are scanner or fan. Fan usually wins.]

A coloured Pirate Chick~
which is pretty much the only thing I've drawn in god knows how long :C

other not so noteworthy crap:

next two are my OC from some shit i havent worked on in a year [damnit]:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 5ac789.png
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 4751ff.png
and some fanart:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 48ea2e.png
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 0fca4e.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... fee45c.png
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... 1a9954.png
Chernobog

Re: bittertown artdump--08/07/2009

Post by Chernobog »

hooraaaay, more stuff.
XD wow crayons. a smiling condom, a boo, a P switch, a pipe, a springboard - all hanging around, and then raocow there dressed up as mario saying "aw, poopers". you know, it might not be of the same quality of the rest of your stuff, but it's still funny.
I like the pirate chick :D, though that red seems a bit overpowering, especially with the outlines being so kind of light. they're fine with the face and the hair and pretty much everything else, but with that red, it's weird. maybe that's just me. and her boobs are a bit less stand-out-ish. :P
hahaha I love the dude with the eye patch. he's just kinda sitting there looking ticked off and stuff and it's like someone got his attention and was like "PICTURE TIME!" and he turned around and flashed a gang sign real quick while it was being taken. and I'm assuming the second one is the same guy, only this time...it's so funny, because he looks so much cuter, but then he's got a scar on his left eye and a patch on the other, and it's like, is he supposed to look like a kid? and what are the two dots in the middle of his face?
hahaha nice jessie. though she looks so calm, so like, she's just hanging around. she's got the same expression as a lot of your other stuff, which I don't think really matches her character. and I know I was just talking about how proportions don't really matter, but I think her arm looks a little small? and her other one is just gone, disappeared, behind her back.
the second fanart dude is pretty awesome, though. I don't know who he (or either of the other two) are, though...
speaking of the other two...I don't really know what to say about them, I like them, I think they're good looking, though the girl's hair doesn't seem to look as smooth as the rest of the picture. like the areas at the edges. it looks kinda flat there. and kinda at the edges of the sleeves to the middle of the shirt. but the 4th guy looks cool. I mean he's obviously just like a sketched guy with all the line-y things still in there, which I like to see every once in a while, hahaha
oooh, another thing about the pirate chick. where her hair meets her coat...the collar kinda looks awkward on her left side. I mean you did say it was the first thing you've drawn in so long...
hm...that's all I've got for now :P I like your stuff
bittertowncowboy

Clearly I was watching my daily raocow fix while drawing that. :'D

I agree that the red is overpowering. I always try to experiment with my coloured pieces, since I havent really developed a style I am comfortable with, but I think the combination of ~trying something new~ [the lighter lineart] along with ~follow the swatches~ [colours from my original concept] didnt work out to good. pfft.
Also, there's no way I could honestly give her those ridiculous antigravity watermelon boobs. rofl.
RE: her collar, I gave up trying to make it look right when I realized I had been drawing it wrong the entire time. FFT. it's supposed to be a huge folded down collar. my bad.

Blueguy [Who I will refer to as Four from now on] in the second picture is.. pretty much just supposed to be super deformed. Chibi. Whatever you'd like to call it. Haha. The two dots on his face are a bridge piercing.
Jessie, I dont even want to comment on. Ahahaa. She was intended to come out a lot more stylized and action posey like an older drawing I've done. the body, sans the arms, IMO is good enough for me, but her head ended up wicked huge and her hand ended up super tiny. But I threw her in there anyway for ~diversity~.

The three other fanarts are all dudes, btw. The first two being Squalo and Belphegor respectively from 'Katekyo Hitman Reborn!'. [ http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3 ... 0_full.jpg the silver haired guy and the blonde kid.]
typically when Im colouring sketches, like the one of pinkybowlcutkid, I dont really bother fixing up my lines or smoothing out all my colouring.
the last one being Canada from Hetalia. My guilty pleasure. Also the first time I have been terrified of my own Fandom.

Thankyou again for such indepth feedback :C <3
FRK

Post by FRK »

Awesome character designs. I love that pirate chick art, man.
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

bittertowncowboy wrote:Clearly I was watching my daily raocow fix while drawing that. :'D

XD

bittertowncowboy wrote:The two dots on his face are a bridge piercing.

D8 I thought that might be the case ::shudders::
he's pretty awesome, though.

bittertowncowboy wrote:The three other fanarts are all dudes, btw.

O_O srsly? sigh...there are so freaking many girly-looking boys and it's like I wouldn't mind it except for these kinds of mistakes. I think I'll just refer to the people in your art as "it" from now on.

:D keep posting stuff!
by the way, was that comment on my art topic a challenge? because if it is, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
though don't expect me to post it any time soon...I'm not gonna color one of my older ones and risk screwing it up. I think I'll just draw a new, larger than the other ones one and color that. :P so there'll be all new stuff to stare at and it'll be COLORED.
bittertowncowboy

GOOD.
I will be waiting for it. for now, I must eat.
GO FORTH AND COLOUR.
Lonesome Diamond

Sorry I haven't commented (I don't have an excuse XP.)

I really like the pirate chick actually. I think the floating collar ruffle is pretty hilarious. Her boobs don't seem that big to me...at all @_@ The cleavage line makes them sorta awkward though. However, her face and hair is amazing. I wouldn't even think to draw hair like that.

Why does Four have an eyepatch in these pictures but not in your sig image? Is he missing an eye or just covering it? (Nobody ever seems to wear eyepatches cuz' they're missing that eye anymore...Naruto ruined everything.)

I don't read "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!," but it seems like you really effeminated Belphegor from looking at the picture you cited. Even with the tiara, he doesn't seem as... gay as your portayal made him look. I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong, I still like what you did there. Reminds me of Shinji from Bleach fused with...Me. (=_=?)

Major jealousy on the last one. I know you said what he was from, but I keep thinking of Older Mewt from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Your style really resembles that style actually(which is freaking awesome.)

I hope to see more soon, especially since I waited so long to comment on these :P. I haven't used that program so much yet, I'm not feeling very digital lately. :\
bittertowncowboy

Im baack~ hopefully.
I've had some crap come up, so the talk-haus was the last thing on my mind. :C
things have settled and I come bearing art~

I recently got my hands on a Mini Munny [if you dont know what they are, a quick google search and a glance at the Kid Robot site will answer all :'D], and somehow a christmas miracle occured in September, and my friend got a box with a baseball bat.
Clearly my inner Earthbound fangirl got the better of me <3
For a first attempt at ANY 3D painting ever [not to mention the sculpey attempt], Im quite proud of myself. There are weak spots [especially in the back, which i don't even want to take a picture of :'D], but overall Im quite happy with my work~
It took me about 9-10 hours from start to finish on this guy. It was so much funnnn.
Chernobog

Re: bittertown artdump--09/19/2009

Post by Chernobog »

:o YOU ARE BACK? :D

nice job, haha. I like it.

dang this whole art section thing is still dying, even though there are a few people here and there adding stuff
...I should maybe make some more art in a desperate attempt at resuscitation...
college is a good way to take away any free time, though.
bittertowncowboy

Re: bittertown artdump--09/19/2009

yes yes! I am back. :C hopefully my scanner will continue to cooperate with me.
and I def. think you should artpost. who needs education. rightttttt. :T

BONUS DOODLES!
what have I been doing lately?

SO MUCH PERSONA4.

and also [semi finished :C about as finished as it will get, though.]
NO MORE HEROOOES. so excited for No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. I cant even make words to describe the level of excitement. [and I also really gotta fix his head/face shape man.]
Chernobog

Re: bittertown artdump--09/22/2009

Post by Chernobog »

:D nice doodles, as always. Not much to say about them, though...hm....I think I'm tired.

You know, I was actually gonna put up a post in my art dump thread of a story I wrote for my Intermediate Fiction class lately. It's like 4 pages long, double-spaced...my teacher liked, it, everyone who read it liked it, it was kinda weird but it was meant to be...
but I can't figure out how to put it online. I tried saving it as an HTML file but when I put it on DeviantArt or any place like that it kept throwing in all this formatting hub-a-jub that made the story impossible to read. :(
Do you know what to do?
bittertowncowboy

I have nnnoooo idea, man. :C Im not much of a writer, so I've never posted anything of the sorts onto DA. Im sure they have a faq somewhere? :U
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

I'll figure it out.
bittertowncowboy

ahoyy. another small update :C

EDIT: changed em to links :'D
Right click + "view image" to see the full things. my bad. I saved em kinda big this time.

Random doodles to get rid of an art block? naked people. hurrahhh.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... lalala.jpg

and the best inspiration.. OLD ART. aughhh. old one is from 2006, updated vers is from today.
sooo embarassing. :'D
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... da2009.jpg
bittertowncowboy

Re: bittertown artdump--09/30/2009

AND SHE MAKES A COMEBAACK. :C
hopefully to more than just artshowcase.

prepare for a huge artdump. ffffffff-

first and foremost...
POKEMONNNN.
AKA, THE HARDEST FRIGGIN ART STYLE TO DRAW INNNNN.
I have always wanted to be a pokemon trainer for real real. Though I think I am just a bit too old to embark on my journey these days :C
similar shit:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... egirl2.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... colour.png [the above in colour~]
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... egirl1.jpg [as if you couldnt guess my favourite pokemon from the colour scheme and dorky headphones. :U that is, excluding electabuzz who is the most amazing thing ever, imo.]

a gym leader based off...derp. drifloon and drifblim~ for a mini project myself and two friends are hopefully going to be working on. :C
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... /honch.jpg [and a concept sketch for a honchkrow-esque gym leader. I don't think i like him much, though D:]

some of my team rocket sketches:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... ocket1.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... etgirl.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... ketguy.jpg

and now for something completely different...
A lonely two of my OC's with a bonus Leela from futurama at the end:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... sketch.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ ... REERAH.jpg
bittertowncowboy

Re: bittertown artdump--11/07/2009- ohgodHUGEUPDATE

Some stuff from throughout the month.
new character designs, old character revivals, and some reworkings.

Firstly, an update on my Honchkrow-esque Pokemon gym leader. [from a project that will hopefully get worked on once my friends are out of school >:T] ((disregard his HORRIBLY shaped face D; oh dear ))

Quick doodles of some new character designs for the same project that the pirate chick I posted ages ago is from,
Nadia Cooley [left], and Chauncey Baker

A better picture of Nadia along with Pirate Chick [who has been since named 'Lola']. And this was before I decided what i wanted to do with Nadia's feet. Derrrp. hahaa
((if pirate chick os getting cut off and you are displeased with this, right-click and select 'view image' to see it in full. :C apparently it is too wide for this forum.))

and another one of Nadia [because damnit, i love drawing her :C]

Any commments/crits/suggestions on designs are appreciated.

ALSO
recently I've been in a pretty huge art block, so if anyone has any favourite anime/videogame/original characters that seem within my skill range, I'd love to see some reference pictures and I will try to draw them, perhaps. I am in desperate need of something new to inspire me, since I've pretty much fallen out of all of my fandoms somehow. :'D