(shouting)

Chongas' Heavy Metal Corner

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Chongas

Chongas' Heavy Metal Corner

Post by Chongas »

Hi! I'm just a guy that lurks a lot and composes music sometimes. You might know me from the MAGLX3 contest, I made two tracks for that episode (+1 currently unfinished song for my own level).

If you're interested in listening to my music, below is the link to my Soundcloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/luisf_guimaraes

My current status: Prioritizing other things in my life right now. Sadly, all projects are indefinitely on hold :/
Last edited by Chongas 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Chongas

Re: Chongas' Heavy Metal Corner

Post by Chongas »

Greetings all!

At first I was not sure if I should make this thread or not, as I'm not very experienced in music making. It's just something I like to do from time to time for my own amusement. Motivation is an issue, I doubt myself a lot, and am over critical of my own creations (I actually almost gave up contributing to MAGLX3 for those reasons). Also, I don't have a lot to show right now. The only finished projects I have are a cover song from Castlevania Bloodlines, and the two tracks I made for MAGLX3.

That said, I was quite surprised with how well everything went after submitting my music for the contest. I've had a lot of positive feedback both here and in the YouTube comments. You guys are amazing, and I'd like to thank you for your support! This event has renewed my interest in composing more, I even got some new gear last month to make my life easier when recording. I'm also glad to announce I have very cool ideas already for at least two new tracks. I can't really tell how long it'll take to finish them, but I'll try to keep the OP updated to inform the new songs' current status.

Throughout this week I'll make new posts in this thread with the history and a few thoughts about each track in my Soundcloud account, so keep an eye out for those if you'd like to know more.

Peace! :3
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

where were you when Jupiter Hell was looking for musicians? /jk

In all seriousness, this is good stuff. Keep it up!
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Chongas

Post by Chongas »

Thanks Raekuul, I really appreciate it!
Well, you guys know where to find me now! Sometimes I miss the collab/contest threads. Organizers, feel free to post here or PM me if you ever need original music for your episodes :)