(shouting)

Some feedback on my art

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Petzi

Some feedback on my art

Post by Petzi »

I'm not an artist and I rarely draw, but I made this in MSPaint. I want to add a few things before calling it done, but first I'd like some artist feedback. Are there any things that stand out as not feeling right? Someone told me the lake "looked weird", but I don't know what I can do to improve it. Thanks!
Attachments
reunião.png
reunião.png (816.84 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Some feedback on my art

Post by Coryman »

My honest feedback would be try a different program (GIMP is free and has lots of features, if you can learn it), because if you can manage that in MS Paint then you could probably do a lot with a more advanced software. You have a really nice style, and I'm not sure how much of it is from working around limitations, but I'd like to see more!
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

The lake seems to be using a totally different palette and lighting to everything around it, that's probably why it "looks weird". It's extremely bright in an area which otherwise appears shaded, and draws the eye away from the focus created by the path and the sunlit sea.
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Thanks for your replies, sorry I missed them!
Coryman wrote: My honest feedback would be try a different program (GIMP is free and has lots of features, if you can learn it), because if you can manage that in MS Paint then you could probably do a lot with a more advanced software. You have a really nice style, and I'm not sure how much of it is from working around limitations, but I'd like to see more!
Thanks! I didn't expect it to become so elaborate, so I didn't bother to actually choose a proper program. I do have some experience with graphics programs like GIMP and Inkscape.
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago The lake seems to be using a totally different palette and lighting to everything around it, that's probably why it "looks weird". It's extremely bright in an area which otherwise appears shaded, and draws the eye away from the focus created by the path and the sunlit sea.
Oooh that makes a lot of sense. I was thinking it was the perspective (which also isn't perfect, for sure) but the lighting sounds more reasonable.
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.