(shouting)

Artificial Time XS: Now migrated

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
[AOD]

Artificial Time XS: Now migrated

Post by [AOD] »

Hi, I'm the co-creator, writer, and webmaster of ATXS, raocow and my webcomic. For many years, ATXS was hosted at Comicdish.com. When the owner of the website discontinued the service, we never managed to get around to replacing/reuploading all of the pages. Dedicated fans of the comic preserved it and passed it around on raocow's various Discord channels from then on. Meanwhile, raocow and I indulged ourselves in other comic experiments, resulting in Aricelle, a spinoff story about a person who is definitely not Accelerate, the Villain from ATXS.

At any rate, I was inspired by the fans' dedication and enthusiasm for ATXS, and with my weekends suddenly free, I've now taken the liberty of migrating all the images to the Aricelle website, and building a new infrastructure to host the entire archives of ATXS. They are now available here. Please enjoy.
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Artificial Time XS: Now migrated

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Someone might want to point the comics link on https://raocow.com to http://www.aricelle.com!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hey, I don't remember [AOD] having the green text. Though it's not the same as raocow's (and TLs4): the raddest guys.

This green is part of the 'global moderators' group, of which the other members are Mata Hari and Horikawa. But those two identity as coppers, so they are purple.

Aren't 'global mods' and 'coppers' kinda redundant?

I remember when the colour system here was simple...
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think someone (Xirix?) made a backup as well. We could link to that as a mirror.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

This website has a few major bugs at the moment.

Season 2 is highly bugged, each chapter has pages from other chapters mixed into it making readability impossible.

And on Season 1, Chapters 2 and 3 are the same thing (as I understand it there are only supposed to be six chapters anyway).

In case of other problems, I'd recommend someone In Charge doing a quick skim of the whole comic. As soon as these major issues are fixed I might do a full read and will definitely shill this site hard ;o

(I also would appreciate to have a proper page selection because going through an infinite autoload to find errors/catch up to a specific part of a chapter is a bit of a pain.)

E: A bit into Season 3, every page is tripled.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I don't mind keeping my dropbox links up as a backup, but once any website issues have been corrected it's not really super needed anymore. Also I'm an archivist so there's no danger of these comics ever being lost permenantly. :P
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

just so y'all know we ARE looking into these issues, sorry if we might have seemed a bit silent
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

I've fixed the issue about Chapter 3!
The chapter mixing thing is because of flipping back and forth before the pages all load. I will work on making it so that you can't select new chapters/press -> <- to get to other chapters, while loading is in progress. Page selection should be... doable. I have to think about how to do that.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

OK, so I've "fixed" the chapter loading thing. I couldn't quite figure out how to make the javascript stop working when you select a new chapter or flip around with the arrow keys, so I just made it so that you can't load a new chapter or flip around before the pages have all finished loading. It's not a pretty solution, but it will at least hide it until I actually figure it out.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

I should start keeping a version log like a game developer. :D

In today's update, I've added a cookie script that will save the chapter where you last left off so you can navigate back and have the chapter load. On first load, it will simply load the first chapter of each comic.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Does that mean the dropbox is DLC? :D
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Funnily enough, I was thinking of putting some of the extra content, like the chapter bonuses and 4-komas that we used to include with the print books exclusively, as downloadable zips.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Oh man that would be sweet, bonus ATXS stuff. ^^
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Update 1.4:
- Added a page tracker feature that shows what page you are looking at
- Added a quick-jump feature that lets you jump instantly to a selected page
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Update 1.4.1 hotfixes:
- Fixed a bug with the page tracker that caused it to skip counting the first 2 pages
- Fixed a bug with the page jumping button that caused it to jump to the wrong pages
- Found that Season3 chapter 1 was missing pg 27, causing it to only load 26 pages. Found and reuploaded atxs3-27.png.
-Fixed problem with Increment buttons broken on first loading page, but seeming to work okay after you've selected a chapter: problem was with cookies. Each atxs iteration was using the same cookie to keep track of which chapter you were on and for loading purposes, solution was to split up the cookie reference into different cookies so they don't overlap

1.4.1 changes:
- Changed all seasons css files to match with main page. This is temporary while extensive work on the website is being done, to make it easier to propagate main page changes to all sub-pages. Pages will get their unique looks once work is complete.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Wooo!! ATXS has been resuscitated!!

Thank you for the gift of keeping the Sheath legacy alive.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Would it not be possible to just put each chapter on its own HTML page so there was no problem with clicking around? As it is if I want to move to another chapter I have to wait around for a good minute+ if I haven't fully loaded the current one recently. Incidentally, chapter 2 in season 1 is still duplicated.

I don't mean to complain, I'm really grateful this site is here now, it just seems as if the site's underlying system is not very useful yet compared to a traditional comic site system.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by ParmaJon »

Oh awesome! im really glad to see this back. I never did actually finish this so i might go through it sometime soon
Go to bed

[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Would it not be possible to just put each chapter on its own HTML page so there was no problem with clicking around? As it is if I want to move to another chapter I have to wait around for a good minute+ if I haven't fully loaded the current one recently. Incidentally, chapter 2 in season 1 is still duplicated.

I don't mean to complain, I'm really grateful this site is here now, it just seems as if the site's underlying system is not very useful yet compared to a traditional comic site system.
Yeah, that might be something I would just do in the interest of making things easier. I'd have to tear a lot of stuff down and rebuild it, so I'll consider it when I have a long weekend or vacation.