(shouting)

So uh I have two podcasts! Ep. A3 - The Sandman, Part 3

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

So uh I have two podcasts! Ep. A3 - The Sandman, Part 3

Post by Filbi »

Hey, so, uh... some of y'all might remember me from the Patapon Q&As and I comment fairly frequently on rao's videos, tho I'm not terribly active on the forums. Anyway I wanted to share my comic book podcast, Dispatches from the Dreaming!

Castbox
Soundcloud

Basically my friend Adam and I look at older DC comics, mostly from 1990 or earlier, and just have a friendly chat about them! Befitting our title, the first three episodes will be an in-depth review of The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman, and after that we'll be switching formats to more general overviews of series or creative runs rather than going issue-by-issue. Future topics will include Len Wein's Swamp Thing, the Silver Age Doom Patrol, and some of DC's forgotten sword-and-sorcery comics of the 1970s.

Here is episode 1! Episode 2 is being edited, and episode 3 will be recorded in the next few days. Please forgive the roughness of the audio as we are still learning the ropes. I hope to create a YouTube version as well with panels from the comics to illustrate our talking points.

Hope you like, and tell me what you think!
Last edited by Filbi 5 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
I change this sig every year for Advent
Filbi
A Hobbit

Re: So uh I have a podcast! Ep. 2 - The Sandman 3-5

Post by Filbi »

Second episode is up! We like John Constantine.

I took a lighter hand on the editing this time. Again, feedback is more than welcome :)
Filbi
A Hobbit

Re: So uh I have a podcast! Ep. 2 - The Sandman 3-5

Post by Filbi »

I got roped into doing another podcast! This one is my co-host's brainchild and he does the editing; he went for more of an MST3K feel and even included a proper theme song. So here's Kaiju Review, a rundown of Toho Pictures' many monster movies, starting with the king of them all: GODZILLA!

Godzilla (1954) / Gojira

"Adam and Will wade through the center of the 1954 Japanese release of 'Gojira,' one of the darkest and most serious kaiju movies in the entire genre. Join us as we attempt to find humor among the literal and metaphorical fallout of the King of the Monsters' first appearance, and try to find answers to pressing questions. Is Yamane more of a NIИ fan, or does he dig on Morrisey? How does one construct a logical proof for Godzilla, and does it involve the Yeti? Does an eye-patch automatically make you a villain, or is it pursuing WMD's because SCIENCE! Why did the writers of this movie kneecap one of their main characters at the end of the movie? Join us in our premier episode discussing the premier appearance of the mightiest of kaiju: Godzilla."
Filbi
A Hobbit

Re: So uh I have two podcasts! Ep. A3 - The Sandman, Part 3

Post by Filbi »

Finally finishing up The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman!

Dispatches from the Dreaming Ep. 3

"In this installment of Dispatches from the Dreaming, we finish up our review of The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes (Sandman Vol. 2 #6-8)! Unspeakable horrors transpire in a 24-hour diner, Doctor Destiny is taken to justice (or is he?), and we really let Morpheus have it when his big sister comes calling."