(shouting)

all.hope - my short writing blog

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

all.hope - my short writing blog

Post by Arctangent »

A couple days back, I wrote some small snippets of concepts that were on my mind before going to bed. Then the idea came to me, and I decided to start up a blog dedicated to these little snippets.

They're pretty all-over the place in tone, genre, what have you, and I certainly don't shy away from hinting at ( or pretty much all but saying ) some dark subjects. So, I'd definitely advise caution if you've gone through traumatizing times - while as of writing there's not much there, I could still end up writing something that won't be comfortable for you.

I'm trying to keep the queue filled up so that there's a new snippet daily, and so far they've all been posted at around 11am UTC. I'd certainly appreciate it if you guys took a look, and if you like what you see and have a tumblr, follow.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Re: all.hope - my short writing blog

Post by Zummorr »

Well I appreciated those. :3 Might want to double check the grammar, otherwise those were pretty fun. I do find the "'twists" you put at the end of those to be quite humorous. I liked the courtroom one quite a bit.

To be honest I was kinda afraid when I read the first paragraph, thinking it was going to be moody musings of a directionless young person. Because I wrote quite a bit of that in my earlier years.
Do you just write short jokes or working on something else?
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Zummorr wrote:Do you just write short jokes or working on something else?
uhhhhhhhhh that's one dark sense of humor you have there

Otherwise, this is pretty much all I regularly write. I do work best in short ( well, relatively - considering projects can take months or even years, anywhere from some hours to days is pretty short ) bursts of inspiration and tend to burn out really quick, so it's difficult for me to take on more meaty projects and actually see them to completion.

I do, however, have longer works on my main blog, although they're hardly the focus of it and I only really come up with new stuff once in a blue moon. The two below the link to this blog are probably the two most worth looking at - one of them is really self-explanatory by title alone, and the other is probably my best thing with any sort of serious tone.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Well obviously not all of them are meant to be funny. But mean come on, a vampire biting into a tree? The void speaking out 'oh dear you've had quite a bit a trouble would like a spot of tea?' And who hasn't felt the need to egg their sibling's things?

Not all of them are jokes, but those ones were stronger to me.