(shouting)

Some unenthusiastic collection of art-like images

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Some unenthusiastic collection of art-like images

Post by Coryman »

Hey peoples!
I've been meaning to make this thread for some time, but haven't for three significant reasons:
1. Some art may be disturbing:
Don't ask me why, but fat and old people are more fun to detail.
2. Pencils hate me:
For whatever reason, I simply cannot apply pressure with a pencil. It always shows up really light, especially on camera. It doesn't help that one of my pencils is bad to begin with.
3. I'm pretty busy and don't actually draw all that much
Basically don't expect updates frequently. I've got a stockpile of drawings that I can upload over time though.

So now let's have some art!
As a preview, have two of my better works, a Viking and a pirate.
http://m.imgur.com/KelGfAy,wISreYo. (Link because I'm lazy and on my phone)
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Coryman

Re: Some boring collection of art-like images

Post by Coryman »

A drawing of a sort of Greek city from a few months back
A moose 'cos I needed an avatar for Skype
A gemsbok... Long story, but I had to kill time in Cooking class.
I think the images are too big or something? They won't show up. So link time again! http://imgur.com/a/DFdFt
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Coryman

Re: Some unenthusiastic collection of art-like images

Post by Coryman »

So uh, this thread kinda died due to lack of feedback. Also due to having like 300k English projects per day.
On the other hand, I've recently been super into Undertale, so I drew some stuffs! (hoping I can post images normally now)

Flowey!
http://imgur.com/ZPRHMBr

PAPYRUS!
http://imgur.com/Ek7d6Oz

sans!
http://imgur.com/Ek7d6Oz

A little comic I made, based on the idea that Frisk never actually talks, just telepathically sends thoughts.
http://imgur.com/Xa8LSEw

It's likely that this thread's gonna die again, but Undertale is apparently popular, so who knows?!
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Reviving this thread cos I'm in art class and jewellery class, so I'll have actual good quality art to post over the next while (though probably not over Christmas break).
First off, a sterling silver cedar branch casting!
[attachment=0]photo_1482191457205~2.jpg[/attachment]

Surprisingly easy to make, all things considered. Giving it to my First Nations Studies teacher as a thank you, and an apology cos the class is pretty misbehaved.
Attachments
photo_1482191457205~2.jpg
photo_1482191457205~2.jpg (473.13 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Wow the art thread sure has been inactive this month....

I've recently "finished" the chainmail glove I've been working on (though honestly I'll likely be tweaking it for the next week or two).
[attachment=0]MyMitt.jpg[/attachment]

Sorry about the low quality picture, my phone's camera hasn't been particularly happy since I smashed it against the corner of a desk.
And if anyone's wondering, the palm of the hand is meant to be left open, it helps when holding swords.
Attachments
MyMitt.jpg
MyMitt.jpg (106.01 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

whoa⁝⁛⁚⁙ The cedar branch is super duper cool (^▽^) how is that kind of thing done??
ImageImage
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Thanks! It's a weird process...
Basically, you put the branch on a little wax stand, inside of a metal tube, and fill it with investment (basically plaster). You then heat it up enough that the organic material basically burns away, put the still-hot tube into a centrifuge with some molten metal (silver works best usually) and let it spin the metal into the mold!

Regarding art... I finally got all my school projects back so I can start uploading those eventually!
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

O—oh ▸▸sweets! (⌒▽⌒) So does the wax stand thingy get like melted away?
ImageImage
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Yep. Normally you'd use wax instead of a cedar branch, either custom-shaped or ordered from somewhere, but you can use organic stuff too sometimes.
If you look up "lost wax casting" there might be some videos of it
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

I found my old drawing tablet from when I was like 10, turns out it's super fun to use!
Don't ask why but I drew the pyro from TF2.

Link

I should add, I did it as a sketch, and then sloppily coloured it afterwards. I personally prefer the sketch version.