(shouting)

Turnip sketches: actually pixels

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Turnip sketches: meow

Post by Ivy »

looks tasty
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

uhhh wow i love your art actually it's frickin adorable

im jealous, i can sprite halfway decently but my sketches suck
Pyon!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Medley wrote:uhhh wow i love your art actually it's frickin adorable
RenaTurnip is also an excellent spriter; it's unfair.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Medley wrote:uhhh wow i love your art actually it's frickin adorable
Ivy wrote:RenaTurnip is also an excellent spriter; it's unfair.
Sorry ;__________; I don't mean to cause jealousy, that's kind of a big compliment .~.

I did some more stuff tonight since I was feeling up to it `~`

Merlyn (top girl) came out a lot better, but I also did her first, then I realized I had too much empty paper and needed to fill it in, so I drew someone else >~> I want to try out a bit more "anime" style because I feel I draw unintentionally adult bodies because of small heads and small eyes, so I'm trying to balance it out... but they came out too chibi :P I need to figure out the right mix. They were just quick anyways.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Medley
The younger sister
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

it's cute!!! dang it's cute i wanna know more about these characters

i love that you draw them all in dynamic poses so often too, nothing's ever static or played safe
Pyon!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Medley wrote:it's cute!!! dang it's cute i wanna know more about these characters

i love that you draw them all in dynamic poses so often too, nothing's ever static or played safe
I could tell you a little after work tonight if you want xD I am aware that I don't tell much about the things/people I do art of, I've kind of always been that way and it's not really on purpose. It's a weird habit.

As far as the poses go, I'm really just trying to teach myself a few things or simply see if I can actually do them. I don't enjoy static idle poses, as a pixel artist who is not a fan of most other pixel artists, the most boring thing to me is a front-facing character who is facing the audience :P I don't feel anything for just drawing someone standing there :< Not most of the time, anyhow.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Medley
The younger sister
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

And i admire that a lot! i'm not really any good and i don't have the confidence to draw anything that isn't super basic and "vanilla," so i really fawn over people who are able to do that kind of thing ;w;
Pyon!
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Medley wrote:And i admire that a lot! i'm not really any good and i don't have the confidence to draw anything that isn't super basic and "vanilla," so i really fawn over people who are able to do that kind of thing ;w;
Don't worry.
Maybe one day, if you're lucky, Mr. Talent will rub his tentacles on your art too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(You're probably still better than me though)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:
Medley wrote:And i admire that a lot! i'm not really any good and i don't have the confidence to draw anything that isn't super basic and "vanilla," so i really fawn over people who are able to do that kind of thing ;w;
Don't worry.
Maybe one day, if you're lucky, Mr. Talent will rub his tentacles on your art too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(You're probably still better than me though)
I know you didn't intend it but that slightly comes off implying she may not be talented xD I don't know one way or the other but you know, mind how you might be coming off Image Just saying.

Anyhow hi you get some more Undertale today, in case you specifically are avoiding Undertale things you have been warned. I got to put these through a scanner so omgosh actual quality.

Boop woop slowly trying out more things. I realize I need to learn things about angles/perspective and maybe some light tricks, but, one thing at a time >~>
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Not sure how I feel about Flowey with a snaggletooth. ...or is that a tongue? I can't quite tell. E: (Ignore me I'm dumb.)
Also, I really need to get to that pacifist run. Had a file sitting right there for like a month, so I just need to get on with it.
RenaTurnip wrote:I know you didn't intend it but that slightly comes off implying she may not be talented xD I don't know one way or the other but you know, mind how you might be coming off Image Just saying.
Yeah, just wanted to make a dumb Spongebob joke is all. Because I'm dumb. Image
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

I noticed sometime last week that you've been Twitch emoting me since the early spring when MaGL X2 was still a hot topic :T I feel bad for not remembering this until going back over my old posts.

Also uh, I don't have an update because... I keep drawing NSFW or just extremely suggestive things and I can't post those to talkhaus, and it's not that I want to post them so much as I haven't drawn anything acceptable since last time but I want to post something because I haven't in a while :I And I'm just going on my whims, so no idea how those'll even go this week or if I'll draw tasteful things this week >~>
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Keep drawing what you want and those who enjoy your artwork will wait for the ones you choose to post.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

HEY

You do some pretty fabulous pixelarts! Keep up the good work :)
Perhaps your traditional stuff isn't quite as good, but I can definitely tell that you're trying and you want to improve and I think that with enough practice you'll certainly "get there". The fact that you're constantly trying new poses is definitely a plus, because lesser artists wouldn't put that much effort into their stuff and just draw the same boring stuff over and over again. And so on. So yeah, keep at it!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

swirlybomb wrote:HEY
I totally didn't even notice you posted until just now. Thanks ;~; (And welcome back to talkhaus, if I'm understanding things correctly.) I will get back to pixels soon, when I get myself back into the mind state for it. Lately it's just "easier" for me to do quick sketches :(

Speaking of which OH MAN UPDATES I ACTUALLY DREW SOMETHING SAFE FOR WORK HECK YEAH

This was a whim for my best friend today <3 She said she wanted to draw Tavi after going through some serious self-conflict about her own drawing skills and basically any time she offers to draw me art, especially if I didn't ask, I always want to draw her something in return, like some kind of love-induced impulse >_> It's normally pixel art, so this was really refreshing. It's not the best thing in the world but it could have been a lot worse and it made her happy so ;~;
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The armor/clothing looks very nice. The whole pose looks well balanced.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Willhart wrote:The armor/clothing looks very nice. The whole pose looks well balanced.
Thanks~ It balances poor lines by having good character, so I don't mind the faults too much.

4AM stuff. I got a new sketchbook (two actually) and it's like 40% bigger than the one I was using before... and the paper texture is super weird >_> I did some total nonsense to get used to it. Came out better than expected, but I'll need to adjust to this paper a little :I It's amazing how awkward paper can "feel" under your pencil compared to paper you're used to.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Getting used to my bigger sketchbook. Did another thing for one of my best friends. I tried to foreshorten her hand and it came out at proper human size instead, go figure. Don't be afraid to exaggerate size!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

v There is a super faded nipple in here, deal with it v

I am pretty sure I took a more focused picture than this, thank you phone :1 Just doodles because I had no real inspiration but refused to not draw. I'm "trying things out" but it takes a lot of mental energy to try to improve how you do lines >_> So it turned into nothing particular.
momo

Post by momo »

n~yoron nipple nyoro~n

if you don't like the hairstyle you could try exaggerating the curves or adding some finer detail. it also may be good to extend the lines defining the bangs because right now her hairline is basically in the middle of her forehead. you should try inking some of your art :^)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Rusbojis wrote:n~yoron nipple nyoro~n

if you don't like the hairstyle you could try exaggerating the curves or adding some finer detail. it also may be good to extend the lines defining the bangs because right now her hairline is basically in the middle of her forehead. you should try inking some of your art :^)
Outright refuse to ink right now :P I prefer how pencil sketches look 12345x more than I do inks/lines/colors and I've spent the last twenty years not being able to draw, so I'm still enamored with that right now </3 Maybe in 2016.

What I was "trying" to do last night and today was actually improve how I use my lines, like... if you look at better artists' art, people are really great at floof and fluffy ears, clothing folds, hair strands, all that good nonsense. I can do that stuff in pixel art because I'm allowed to be as slow and deliberate as possible, but drawing is mostly about natural motions and I'm really bad at that u_u But since I've gotten my new bigger sketchbook and I have more space to move, I'm trying to learn how to make things look better because I have more space to actually make natural motions, but it's hard for me :1 [/ramble]

tl;dr I'm trying :P And I think it'll improve over time if I don't force it. I just wish I could force it >_>
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

same w/r/t the pixel art aspect
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

TaviTurnip wrote:What I was "trying" to do last night and today was actually improve how I use my lines, like... if you look at better artists' art, people are really great at floof and fluffy ears, clothing folds, hair strands, all that good nonsense. I can do that stuff in pixel art because I'm allowed to be as slow and deliberate as possible, but drawing is mostly about natural motions and I'm really bad at that u_u But since I've gotten my new bigger sketchbook and I have more space to move, I'm trying to learn how to make things look better because I have more space to actually make natural motions, but it's hard for me :1 [/ramble]

this is mostly, practice
much, much
muuuch practice
oh, also observation
and tutorials
floof is making deliberate mistakes, like bumps, unwanted curves, the hairy type of fluff, poofy fluff is just circles, folds are hell, hair strands, same as hairy fluff, but it's more like subtle, like a river's...sub-river?
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Hawt
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

I'll do my best, you guys ;w;

Have a doorknob kid and/or squid named Frisk. Because I apparently can't use my giant new book pages for anything but compilations, you get a whole bunch of dumb things!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

is it even possible to win that snail racing game