(shouting)

Sometimes Kuupa puts a pencil on paper

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Sometimes Kuupa puts a pencil on paper

Post by Kuupa »

So hey there guys! I just figured I'd start one of these art threads, because all the cool kids are doing it. I know I'm really not that good, but I have fun drawing. I really don't do much outside of casual pencil sketches, doodles, and the like. This first post won't be in chronological order at all, just some favorites from notebooks and my sketchbook. I hope you enjoy!

(spoilers because not-breaking-pages is nice)
Made this one about 2 summers ago, the one where I binged my way through DKC Returns (great game, btw)
I don't remember how this one came about. My friend and I were talking about "a peach on steroids" for some reason, and so I came up with this.
Of course, the joke had to be taken further, and I created the alternative Peach on steroids. I'm actually pretty proud of the face, it's kinda Ren and Stimpy-like
This one spawned from a game idea I had a year or so ago. It was going to be sort-of a 2D Mario Sunshine, but rather than just water, the dude would use his nozzle arm also as a vacuum for other substances too, and you would have a meter showing how full you were. I think there were also other arms besides a nozzle? Hm, maybe I'll revive this idea later.
This is definitely one of my favorite drawings. I actually kinda put work in as far as shading goes, and I just love the design of the Black Mage in general.
Started this one after beating Fire Emblem: Awakening (only on classic normal difficulty, please don't hate me ;-;). Despite being the biggest pushovers in the game, the Entombed are actually pretty scary looking.
The Smash 4 Pacman hype was real.
Here's around where I stopped drawing actual things and just kinda started drawing abstract creatures, thinking of details as the drawing went on. That's really my favorite way to doodle. Just kinda start with a base idea, then add as the drawing goes on.
Sometimes you need to draw a heavy metal skateboard robot.
Spooooooky
I actually can't find the original of this one, but it's probably my favorite doodle just for how god dang silly it looks.
Made Black Mage Iris a while ago for the Demo Fan Art thread. I'm hoping to get the rest of the ASMT crew as Final Fantasy I heroes soon (Demo as Warrior, Kood as Thief, raocow as Red Mage, Sheath as Monk, and Catnip as White Mage)
Just made this one earlier today. I don't know what it is, but I like it
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Re: Sometimes Kuupa puts a pencil on paper

Post by Wolfolotl »

wow those are some really neat creature designs!! I'm a bit envious myself tbh whenever I try to design a thing it looks a bit generic but your things have neat designs that my mind just fills with stories about upon seeing
as for craftsmanship you've got a great start! it doesn't look like you utilize sketches too much though so I suggest tryin' that out maybe because in my experience it's really useful to have lighter lines that you can use for planning and suggesting pleasing shapes that you can finalize later with more confident lines
:nb_pride:
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

Oh man, I haven't drawn in a while. Here's Deemo (not related to Demo), the main character of an Android rhythm game with the same name!

So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

parallel world ~reverse~
pure white
entrance
Magnolia
Run Go Run
:p
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

Oh man remember when this thread existed? Hahaha yeah me neither.

Anyway, here are a few doodles I made last semester. Hopefully I'll have some more done soon, too.

Don't tease the octopus, kids

dooooooood

Concept art for a game I've been thinking about for a while. Probably going to be a first boss

normal horse

I tried making a Leviathan-type creature, but he ended up with this silly puppy smile and i kinda love him
Kuupa

Re: Kuupa's Art Thread (Modern Gritty Reboot Edition)

Post by Kuupa »

Oh man guess what it's time for more silly doodles
My Cortex character, Yorick Seeum, the Mad Pirate King.

subtle plug for tabletop audio logs, hosted by good fren Pichu

Pichu uploaded this to skypehaus and asked us to interpret it. FRRF out here lookin like he's got Final Fantasy last boss hair.