(shouting)

Music sound things from dr_vblschrf

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox
Pronouns: he/him/his

Music sound things from dr_vblschrf

Post by dr_vblschrf »

I can't draw. At all. But I do write music, and I thought it'd be cool to share some of my stuff here. I think this is the right part of the forum for that...?

I don't think you can embed Soundcloud stuff on this board so I have links below. I have two accounts there for different purposes:

1) This is my main account. That link takes you to a playlist showcasing some of my "better" stuff as opposed to demos I put there. The music here is mostly vocal, with a few instrumentals in there. I tend to write rock or ambient...I don't know, I have a hard time classifying myself.

2) This is the other account. That one is for music I'm writing for a work-in-progress RPG Maker game that I'm working on with a friend. This stuff is mostly instrumental and ambient, with a few exceptions to both. This is another playlist with songs I thought were better than the others on the account.

So yeah, those playlists will be updated as I make new stuff. Any comments and such are more than welcome!
dr_vblschrf

Re: Music sound things from dr_vblschrf

Post by dr_vblschrf »

I spent the last year slowly working on an album of music that started with music for a project idea from this forum and ended with this.

It's a 6 song instrumental album, gets gradually more ambient as it goes along. It's in desperate need of better mixing and mastering because I'm still learning the ropes for that but hey, it's something and for what it is I'm pretty happy with it.

I know this is mostly a visual art showcase but I can't draw to save my life. Sorry.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

nice
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

These are very good! Regeneration is my personal favorite. I hope you still continue making music, because you have some real talent going on. ;)
(Formerly Jayoshi)
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

dr_vblschrf wrote:That one is for music I'm writing for a work-in-progress RPG Maker game that I'm working on with a friend. This stuff is mostly instrumental and ambient, with a few exceptions to both.
Ooh! Is it going to be an atmospheric game in the vein of Yume Nikki and the like? I adore games like those. Even if it isn't, I would still very much be interested in being apprised of its progress. Been a while since I've played a good rpgmaker game.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

dr_vblschrf

Post by dr_vblschrf »

LovelyPenguin wrote:Ooh! Is it going to be an atmospheric game in the vein of Yume Nikki and the like? I adore games like those. Even if it isn't, I would still very much be interested in being apprised of its progress. Been a while since I've played a good rpgmaker game.
It's kind of stalled on account of the game maker's real life happening and also having other projects that take precedence, but the intent is definitely still there; they really want to finish the game but it's not a priority. Normally that would mean "oh it's dead" but there's progress, it's just slow and not the main project either of us are working on. Estimated time of finishing though is "when it's done" so it may be quite a while.

But yeah, not quite Yume Nikki like in atmosphere, maybe a bit closer to OFF or something like that? RPG Maker games are really good at that kind of thing.

Also thanks to those who listened and commented! Means a lot. :)
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

dr_vblschrf wrote:It's kind of stalled on account of the game maker's real life happening and also having other projects that take precedence, but the intent is definitely still there; they really want to finish the game but it's not a priority. Normally that would mean "oh it's dead" but there's progress, it's just slow and not the main project either of us are working on. Estimated time of finishing though is "when it's done" so it may be quite a while.

But yeah, not quite Yume Nikki like in atmosphere, maybe a bit closer to OFF or something like that? RPG Maker games are really good at that kind of thing.

Also thanks to those who listened and commented! Means a lot. :)
Okie dokie! I'll still be looking forward to it, even if it takes a while. ^^
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

your songs have such great progression to them, i love them all.
but my favorite songs of yours has to be Pacific and Mixolydian Eulogy.
I'm a sucker for piano and glockenspiel
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
dr_vblschrf

Post by dr_vblschrf »

tangeruse wrote:your songs have such great progression to them, i love them all.
but my favorite songs of yours has to be Pacific and Mixolydian Eulogy.
I'm a sucker for piano and glockenspiel
oh man, i completely missed your comments, tangeruse. thank you! half a month late...

myxolydian eulogy is actually co-written, sort of. a friend of mine came up with the right hand piano part, i added the bass notes, then the piece practically wrote itself after that.
dr_vblschrf

Post by dr_vblschrf »

oh no i'm double posting

i don't have any new music as of late but i re-recorded an old piece i wrote in high school and posted it so there's that

it's a happy little romp for 8 strings and piccolo so if you're in the mood for some pizzicato this will probably do the trick