(shouting)

We're adding Demo to the Talkhaus header (artists needed)

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

We're adding Demo to the Talkhaus header (artists needed)

Post by spitznagl »

Rena agreed to add Demo fanart to the top of the Talkhaus. The plan is to have all the worthwhile submissions displayed at random.
RenaBeach wrote:... have them make something small to go next to the logo in that big empty middle-void ...
Some common sense rules;
- Your drawing must be of Demo.
-140 pixels high. Don't make it overlap with the navigation bar.
-Preferably not wider than 140 pixels to keep it somewhat discreet.
-Keep the background transparent and send me a PNG file.
-Different art styles are obviously a desirable thing for the sake of variety, but your drawing might not be used if your style is half-assed MS paint.
-I hope raocow is ok with this.

I personally think that we should keep the entries secret and add them all at once, but it's up to you I guess. I declare the end of January as the limit date just to make sure not to drag this for too long, but more drawings could probably be added later.

Last edited by spitznagl 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
McKnackus
Nobody ex-CAWCAW

Re: We're adding Demo to the Talkhaus header (artists needed)

Post by McKnackus »

Should I PM it to your if I want it to be a secret?
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Yes that's the idea. I'll make sure that they are all the same size before I send them to Rena.

You can also post it here if you can't resist the urge.
ImageImage
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

I failed to see the JK there at first. Oh well, looks like I'll have something else to work on
"i like bugs"
t
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I really wish I had my tablet but I could always hand-pixel something.

edit: I thought that we had a discussion about thing a while back and it was decided against adding anything to the talkhaus header.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
McKnackus
Nobody ex-CAWCAW

Post by McKnackus »

GlitchedGhost wrote:I really wish I had my tablet but I could always hand-pixel something.

edit: I thought that we had a discussion about thing a while back and it was decided against adding anything to the talkhaus header.
Times change.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Learning-Timebuster wrote:I failed to see the JK there at first. Oh well, looks like I'll have something else to work on
:s I just made it a bit bigger. I can remove your avatar from the preview image if you don't feel like drawing a tile.
GlitchedGhost wrote:I really wish I had my tablet but I could always hand-pixel something.
Always yapping about your goddamn tablet :lol: ! Ok, I've never used a tablet before and I can imagine how one must develop their working method around it. For the past ten years I've drawn curves with series of short straight lines by holding shift in paint shop pro. If I ever end up buying one at some point, I probably wouldn't want to look back as well.

Do you remember in which thread the previous header discussion took place?
ImageImage
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

spitznagl wrote:
Always yapping about your goddamn tablet :lol: ! Ok, I've never used a tablet before and I can imagine how one must develop their working method around it. For the past ten years I've drawn curves with series of short straight lines by holding shift in paint shop pro. If I ever end up buying one at some point, I probably wouldn't want to look back as well.

Do you remember in which thread the previous header discussion took place?
...I suppose I have been, whoops. It's not my fault I don't have a lot of my stuff right now, and my tablet is included in that!
I used to pixel stuff by hand, and it's doable, it's just my wrist gets sore easily, which is why I prefer my tablet. I know people have taught themselves to art with a mouse, and I give them props for that. It's honestly easier to pixel with a tablet for me, but a mouse is still doable, just slower.

No, I don't. I thought it was in suggestions, and I skimmed part of the graveyard, but I didn't see it in either place.
Maybe it was lost in the talkhaustrophe, but I'm not sure. I can't recall when it was posted.
Yay for bad memory!
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

spitznagl wrote:
Learning-Timebuster wrote:I failed to see the JK there at first. Oh well, looks like I'll have something else to work on
:s I just made it a bit bigger. I can remove your avatar from the preview image if you don't feel like drawing a tile.
Eh, I already have somethin' going for it now so I might as well go through with it.
"i like bugs"
t
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

i will do a thing
if theres one thing i can draw half decently
its the blue lady
ImageImageImage
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I have a couple of questions. Does it have to be a PNG? Like, if I were to make an animated GIF with a couple of frames that was still transparent and the right size, would that be okay?
Are you guys okay with someone making more than one and submitting them?
He captured!
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

GlitchedGhost wrote:I have a couple of questions. Does it have to be a PNG? Like, if I were to make an animated GIF with a couple of frames that was still transparent and the right size, would that be okay?
I thought about this for mine and decided not to do it. I just wanted to have a discreet glowing effect, but I feel that even something simple like that could be too distracting. You can ask Rena if you want. I'm just taking care of the submissions to save her some time.

GlitchedGhost wrote:Are you guys okay with someone making more than one and submitting them?
I personally think that one per person is enough. Including mine, we already have 8 Demos, so it's not like we need anyone to make multiples and one of the cool aspects about this is the variety of styles.
ImageImage
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

spitznagl wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:I have a couple of questions. Does it have to be a PNG? Like, if I were to make an animated GIF with a couple of frames that was still transparent and the right size, would that be okay?
I thought about this for mine and decided not to do it. I just wanted to have a discreet glowing effect, but I feel that even something simple like that could be too distracting. You can ask Rena if you want. I'm just taking care of the submissions to save her some time.
Alright. I don't think my idea would be too distracting but I don't want to start it and find out I shouldn't do it. I think I'll go ask Rena about it.
spitznagl wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:Are you guys okay with someone making more than one and submitting them?
I personally think that one per person is enough. Including mine, we already have 8 Demos, so it's not like we need anyone to make multiples and one of the cool aspects about this is the variety of styles.
Okay, I kinda figured as such, but I wanted to make sure.
He captured!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Just in case before I get my hopes up, is this considered
spitznagl wrote:half-assed MS paint
?

This is about the best thing I ever drew with any drawing program: (Yeah that was the little letter for the 4th december of ACAT)
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

question wrote:animated GIF?
For anyone wondering, Rena said that " it's okay as long as it's tasteful and not too annoying". I'm not the final judge though, so do it at your own risk.

Since GIFs don't support semi-transparency, you won't be able to shade the outer edges. There's always the possibility that the background might change in the future, so color shading isn't a good idea if you want your image to be portable.
FluffiMasta wrote:Just in case before I get my hopes up, is this considered "half-assed MS paint"?
Your card was a lovely gift. The Santa Demo was a great idea and I wouldn't call your drawing "half-assed" in that context. This exact style would probably clash with the surrounding cleaner graphics of the Talkhaus though.

A solid colors drawing with no outlines like that could work, but it would need to have cleaner lines and some solid colors shading to make it look less bland. A good method is to make your image a couple times larger (4x+) and downscale it once your done. It's a lot easier to edit that way, it shades your edges for you and you can get away with small curve imperfections. I could resize it myself if you don't have a software with different resizing algorithms.

I feel that you should be able to do something good and I'd be happy to help if you need.
ImageImage
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Thanks for the tips, I'll see what I can do (though the chance that it will turn out good is highly unlikely)
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

ImageImage
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

I finally finished mine. She has a skirt instead of a dress and no top.
ImageImage
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

meanwhile...

*kissy faec*
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Arrighty, just sent mine.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Man, mine's like 99% done
Just a few final tweaks tomorrow and it'll be finished~
He captured!
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Progress so far?
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

I got 13 so far. The plan was to wait until the end of January, but I'll send them to Rena now instead since I only received two this month.

I would guess that It must be pretty trivial for Rena to add additional images, so you could probably still send me yours at any point.
ImageImage
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Those look pretty and cute. I think they fit really well to the site.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

yeah it's really nice to not have a vacant void up there and gives the site a lot of character

thx for contributions

im happy to accept new ones too