(shouting)

Kappy's Doodles

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Kapus' Digital Kanvas

Post by TaviTurnip »

Kapus does pixel art, aaaaaa sister <3

Those are super cute. And remind me that I wanted to do a resheet for Demo for the pure fun of it.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

<3 Rena

I haven't been drawing enough lately due to stuff and I don't want to be out of practice so I doodled a thing.

It's silly hair.

I realized that the hat naturally blocks most of the body in the finished picture, but I actually drew the rest of the body anyway for practice.

it feels good to draw again!!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

It's cute :3 The hair is kinda like a bowtie in the back, it's cute!

Drawing a no-hat version strikes me as something a pixel artist would do, and since you are one, is that a habit for you to draw features even if they'll be later obscured by an object like a hat or clothing? I generally do it for practice's sake, but most people I know attempt to be as lazy/efficient as possible, so I'm cuuurious.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

RenaTurnip wrote:It's cute :3 The hair is kinda like a bowtie in the back, it's cute!

Drawing a no-hat version strikes me as something a pixel artist would do, and since you are one, is that a habit for you to draw features even if they'll be later obscured by an object like a hat or clothing? I generally do it for practice's sake, but most people I know attempt to be as lazy/efficient as possible, so I'm cuuurious.
It's a habit. That's just how I learned to do it--draw all the features (to some extent) from the bottom up even if they'll end up being obscured. They usually don't make it past the sketch phase, though; the hat example in this drawing was something I went out of my way to fully outline and color. I guess I feel it helps make the drawing look as natural and proportioned as possible, but I'm not sure if that's actually true.

There's more layers to it than just the hat--I sketched out the bare head before doing the hair, I sketched out the body before adding the dress, etc.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

oh my god i think i just had a cute heartattack
dangit kapus why you gotta make things so god damn adorable ♥
ImageImageImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Hat girl sounds a lot like myself ;w; She is super cute, but that disapproving look D:
Yimmy
buw buw buw
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Yimmy »

I guess I must have a very different perception of cute
needs more action
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

Okay, here's something really actiony for a change!!
Nah, never mind it's just a simple frog girl doodle. I drew this for a great friend who's birthday was earlier this week, but like most things I draw, I'm posting it here anyway.

EDIT: also oh my gosh, thank you for the sweet comments<3
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

aawwwwwwwwwwww
she's so cuuuuuuuuuuuute
<3<3<3
Yimmy
buw buw buw
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Yimmy »

kapus wrote: Nah, never mind it's just a simple frog girl doodle. I drew this for a great friend who's birthday was earlier this week, but like most things I draw, I'm posting it here anyway.
You're not fooling anyone. We can clearly tell that there are giant robots shooting at her but she took off her legs and turned around for a photographer cause shes is awesome like that.
So obvious
Last edited by Yimmy 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Kero :3

Everything you draw is not-so-secretly adorable awesome feel-good art, seriously. I wish I knew how to do that ;w;
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

RenaTurnip wrote:Kero :3

Everything you draw is not-so-secretly adorable awesome feel-good art, seriously. I wish I knew how to do that ;w;
I envy you, Rena! Your art is super duper neatly made and your skills are awe inspiring to me! I have no doubts that you could do such feely goody art (or any kind of art, really!) based on your works.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Kapus wrote:I envy you, Rena! Your art is super duper neatly made and your skills are awe inspiring to me! I have no doubts that you could do such feely goody art (or any kind of art, really!) based on your works.
Nah ;~; There are times where I have trouble with simple expressions or moods or I get too caught up on the detailing of something. Being able to just do something simple and happy and nice is its own skill, really xD
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

I suffer through the exact same issues, believe it or not! I'm in no way more competent in that regard.

also doodle
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

An old sketch I left unfinished for the longest time. I'll do the coloring at some point.

I'm a bunny
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I think my heart just exploded finding this thread, I'm so envious of peeps who can draw proper cute stuff. ^^
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

This is still the most important thread in Art Showcase.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

RenaTurnip wrote:This is still the most important thread in Art Showcase.
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

Xirix wrote:I think my heart just exploded finding this thread, I'm so envious of peeps who can draw proper cute stuff. ^^
Awwww! Thank you! I'm always so happy to be able to touch people's hearts with my creative works like that! I'm nothing to envy though--while I think I can draw cute things now and then, I wouldn't call it "proper" by any means. I don't think I'm quite there yet. Thank you though!
sonicspin wrote:
RenaTurnip wrote:This is still the most important thread in Art Showcase.
asdf stop it you two, you're both much more skilled artists than I am!

=========

I didn't want to go to bed last night because I didn't feel fulfilled enough and wanted to draw something. Gimp was giving me trouble and didn't want to open so I just booted up mspaint instead and doodled until I felt like sleeping.

Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

and then did another quick doodle the next day

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

If you asked me which one I prefer, I would say no. They are both super nice ;__; The first one is like... it's kinda "random" but very peaceful, I don't want to call it surreal, but the end result just makes it super pleasant and calming. I'm not trying to dissect and analyze it artistically, it's just kinda how it makes me feel at immediate glance. They're nice~
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

RenaTurnip wrote:If you asked me which one I prefer, I would say no. They are both super nice ;__; The first one is like... it's kinda "random" but very peaceful, I don't want to call it surreal, but the end result just makes it super pleasant and calming. I'm not trying to dissect and analyze it artistically, it's just kinda how it makes me feel at immediate glance. They're nice~
I'm really glad you get that feeling from my art, as that's exactly what I was trying to go for with the doodles. I'm trying to teach myself to doodle freely--that is to say, to just draw and sketch the first things that come to mind instead of coming up with an idea beforehand and trying to illustrate it.

anywhen

I doodled a medley had in mspaint some weeks ago or so. There's nothing immediately special or notable about it, but it was fun and it was great for hair practice!

In addition to that though I did this little profile sketch the other day, mainly because I want to keep myself fresh by drawing new things more frequently instead of spending so much time trying to finish old drawings. It was also nice to do because I've changed this character's appearance a bit in recent times and it's nice to have a full profile view after that.

Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

hey hey hey hey it's colored
it's also like super duper jupiter huge so you can click it to see it in full
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Everything may in fact be better with rabbit teeth. I would say that she would look cute as a sprite, but you've already done that xD