(shouting)

the show's over folks

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Re: Sugar-Glazed Magically Changing Thread Title

Post by tangy »

Close enough :&)
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Re: mAgicAlly chANging thrEAd titlE [kenta v.ez. rEfix]

Post by swirlybomb »

sonicspin wrote:
sel2.png
This is really snazzy!! Impressively done for only using three colors.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Re: mAgicAlly chANging thrEAd titlE [kenta v.ez. rEfix]

Post by sonicspin »

swirlybomb wrote:
sonicspin wrote:
sel2.png
This is really snazzy!! Impressively done for only using three colors.
thank you! i was orignally planning it to be only 2 but...2 hard
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

always 3
dA
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

HECK
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
dA
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

sick as always bruh

your more detailed sprites are really impressive but I'm a HUGE fan of your more simplified pixels
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

gorgeously detailed environment
Pyon!
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

thnk
dA
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

I left a comment about your recent art piece on the other forum. But I figure that you probably don't check that forum as much due to lower overall activity. So I'll just copy what I said and put in a spoiler here.
Oh man pixels! Should I be commenting on the talkhaus forum or in the future? Don't want to give you whiplash from looking everywhere. I'll comment here for now.

Overall it's quite good. I do like the color and the style the designs for armored red riding hood and ink-wolf are pretty neat. Reminds me of the themes of child of light.

One issue is that the magenta(? I am red-green color deficient T_T) ground takes up alot of space on the bottom on the image and seems to just be empty space, where it is just a solid blob of color on the far right side and bottom portion of the image. Seems like usable empty space. It's kinda odd looking considering that the floor space should have some kind texture as we see underneath the swordswoman.

Something that bugs me, is that despite being given two really different subjects, that are both well designed, is that we don't see any dynamic between the two. They both are kinda static and even though they should be about to fight or clash they just kinda seem to exist in their own space. What I mean is that there is nothing to cause my eyes to track along the lines of the swordswomen and lead to the big wolf. Like if you look at leading lines around the swords women they are parallel, the trees, the sunlight, the sword all line up in parallel. If you were to crop the image and only have the swordswoman that would be a pretty strong effect. While the wolf does have some perpendicular angles to the light it isn't very strong due to the distance perhaps.

Like I would think about playing around with the pose of the wolf might be wise. Perhaps if it was a bit closer or maybe even intruding into the light. or Maybe looming above with one of it's large limbs looking like it's about to plunge down to the lower right. You could also play around with giving the wolf a different outline? Not sure

I'm kind confused as to what the red blob to the right of the wolf's tongue is though. I would think that it is just a piece of his tongue that we see through it's dribbling body. but it is vaguely shaped like an eye. At the same time I'm not sure if it is an eye-scar or a strange eye or what but the white above the top left tooth kinda seems strange.

Just my thoughts, I like it, just I think you could play around with it and it might be better. Just my opinion as someone who is not very knowledgeable.
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

i drew Garish, ss pixel painted over it & added the hat, i added the star
hec yea collaboration!!
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

tangeruse wrote:hec yea collaboration!!
hec yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dA
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

dA
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

CUTE!
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

thank you green tree
dA
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Hello! that is art. Since I tend to lengthy I will put my thoughts in spoilers.

I like it overall. The clouds are shaped really nicely and the way you shaded them makes them look really fluffy and nice, It's probably really simple to do that but it's neat. The design the girl is reminds me of Zun's Canon Touhous in some aspects, with the way that she's posed and the large detailed dress, and trailing fire S's around her.

It's got a nice sepia color scheme going for it I would think about experimenting around with small changes to maybe the grass or hair colors though, But I am a poor subjective reference on this because of my Red-green deficiency. The upper portion of her hair kinda blurs with the sky a bit, I'm curious if giving the hair a small black outline might make her pop out a little more.

There are couple things that bother me slightly about the character, I'm not really understanding what is going on with her left eye, is it some kind of weird eye-patch? (I think it is supposed to be her eye covered up by her bangs and there is a red bow) At the same time her left and right legs seem off in terms of foreshortening. In comparison to her arms her left leg looks very thick.
I'm not sure though, it just seems like her upper body is posed in a way that it doesn't fit with the pose of the lower body.

I like the design on the dress, It's similar to plad. Changing the pattern on the dress would alter the way that it fits within the whole picture...but thinking about our perspective, isn't the dress's design off-centered, given that we are looking at her from a slight angle? And if you were to look at the subject straight on wouldn't the dress's design seem off center? This is kinda not really relevant, I'm just thinking outloud.
Her pose is kinda "floaty" since she doesn't really have a clear indication of being set on the ground, but I think that is ok given the implications that she is kinda hovering anyways.

I'm not the biggest fan of the way that the grass or leaves are done, since it seems like a big pile of Dragon-fruit leaves rather than sterotypical grasses. Not sure about this one though haven't look at a lot of pixel art grasses.

One other thing to think about is the amount of "solid" sky space you have. Maybe you could interrupt it with a few details like some floating Dandelion seeds.

Play around with some. I like it overall and it's pretty tricky to squeeze out a lot of detail in a small space so good job.

To summarize:CLOUDS! 2hu! Eyepatches! Posing! Plad! Sky! Thumbs up!
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

the grass was actually tiled since i am too lazy to actually do grass
also the sky idea is a good idea
and i believe because of your deficiency, i don't think you can accurately critique this, many thanks for trying anyways :)
dA
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Well "everyone's eyes are different" they say. And art is inherently subjective. If the whole "what color is the dress meme is any indication." color is a thing.

It's not that I'm red-green color blind. I can tell you that a rose is a red and that ripe after rain grass is green. It's red-green deficiency, confirmed by my optometrist.

But I have alot of trouble with purple's, oranges, and the inbetween mixed shades of colors. Like for the longest time I thought that "purple" was just dark blue. Light shades of those colors give me trouble.
A combination of not having to hone my color identification skills and having a known deficiency doesn't make me a good judge in this area.

So making an entire picture with sepia tones, with a blonde character in a red-green dress...well...

Besides everything I mention is really casual and the main thing I want to try to do is to think about what parts might need slight changes or put forward suggestions and parts to experiment with. Being a layperson on this subject, I could very well be wrong with the advice or comments I give.

For all the times I am wrong with colors..I blame my mother and grandpa.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

did a thing on a bad screen and im real happy
dA
momo

Post by momo »

this is super gooooood O:
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

Rusbojis wrote:this is super gooooood O:
denkeshen
dA
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

wow thats really really neat
so cute and fluffy :3
ImageImageImage
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

That is a pretty cuddly looking Sune you made for yourself. I think it looks really nice!

You did a good job with the shading, I like that even the textbubble has some shading. and overall it's really solid

Just small things that are honestly somewhat nitpicky and just opinions.

The face itself doesn't seem to have much shading from the light source in the upper right so it kinda looks a little flat? Not a significant problem. I'd take a glance at Gigideegee's Cucumber quest and see how she handle's the lighting on her characters since they are also quite round-faced. (minorly it actually looks like the top left portion of the face is in shadow which I would think would be slightly incorrect.)

I'm not quite sold on the mouth position? the expression and position seem very slightly off? could very well just be me. I really like the speech bubble, it's a big solid lump of "Hey!" Maybe the mouth should reflect that more? might be hard since it's not actually being shouted

At the same time there is a blobby orange ball above the right eye, that is meant to be an eyebrow, or perhaps those painted on eyebrows in japan? I understand it's canonical to the character design and it fits finely to the overall piece, just wondering.

The right ear seems maybe a bit too soft, and the highlights infer that the back of the ear is more hair like than a solid piece, perhaps you could play around with the back right portion of the ear increase the angle which in comes back to the head, so it's less blurred with the back hairline?

I did look back through your DA stuff. I have to say it's interesting to see you make your avatar character in a bunch of different styles, this one looks like you took some pages out of Cucumber quest albeit with far more fluffiness.

Also that belt is huge! the powerlevels must be pretty high given the overall size to belt size ratio.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

many thanks zumorr
and bk :)
dA
sonicspin
wishes
Banned

Post by sonicspin »

boink
copying syosa
dA
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

I like how the pattern conforms to 2d space rather than the contours of her dress