(shouting)

Chaoxys sprite stuff place

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Re: Chaoxys sprite stuff place

Post by Chaoxys »

Made another custom character. Similar to Kirby, theres more sheets that I'd have to make, but I'm not going to bother unless someone wants to program it. The idea with Mimikyu is that he supports more reckless playing. You start out with 1 free hit, and he can get past and sort of puzzle that would require a power up without one. That said, he can't make use of power ups at all, not even normal mushrooms.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Added 3 new characters to the paper lineup, all of which are custom designs.

From left to right we have:

Auntie Stillwaters- She was born with a body, and an eye, but no head. One day her eye fell into a pond and a fish tried to eat it, but it got stuck in it's mouth, so she now uses it as a head. The two have since become best of friends.

Trial- A mysterious ABCD. She goes on about how she went on lots of adventures back in her day and saved the world with her friends. She often tries to hint that she's actually Demo from the future, however she may just be a random bum that enjoys screwing with people.

Aunt Cakepan- A proper ABCD made of art supplies. She can cut up inorganic matter into small blocks, then control them, making them form giant sprites that she can use to attack with, however she tends to use this ability to make statues more than anything.

Made some more. Actually, these two are the last two of the Aunts.

Aunt CaSO the 4th (or just Aunt CaSO for short)- She's a bit childish compared to the other aunts. She can change her face with her chalk, often attempting to disguise herself, although it's not effective. She can also bring her drawings to life, but they aren't very strong as they are made of chalk.

Aunt Mochi- She likes to dig in the dirt. Honestly, you'll rarely see her out of the ground. She's a bit forgetful sometimes, and also quick to anger, although her anger usually stems from her forgetting something. She may invite you into her house, only to lash out, demanding to know why you broke into her house, having already forgotten she let you in.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Made Wademo and Waris. Paper Wademo and Waris are the same as their normal counterparts, however Wademo owns a cozy sweater with love in every stitch. She doesn't like it. I'm sure that sweater won't play into any character traits or anything.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i love these wademo and waris designs... they're super cute!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

i love them so much omg
your art's so soft and good and great
keep up the amazing work! :D
ImageImageImage
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Oh, it's also worth mentioning that the standard Demo/Iris sprites on that image are updated versions of the A2XT sprites I made for fun. They are mainly just cleaned up and what not.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Really quick thing I did for fun, although it'd be neat to make a MegaMan styled game with the ASMT universe.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

bit late but i really like that take on wademo, also im digging the skeleton motif shared between her and waris, unless those arent supposed to be ribs on waris's garment
"i like bugs"
t
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Learning-Timebuster wrote: 6 years ago bit late but i really like that take on wademo, also im digging the skeleton motif shared between her and waris, unless those arent supposed to be ribs on waris's garment
Glad you like them, and yeah, they are ribs, so I'm also glad you caught that.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Welcome to Superb Wademo County (Or something to that effect)

One day, Wademo decided to go on a relaxing picnic with Waris (as required by her state appointed anger management class), however, the fun times were short lived as the insect leader, Queen Ormicia and her goons dropped in and stole all the picnic goodies, as well as Waris who they mistook for a weird piece of novelty candy. It's up to Wademo and her explosive temper to squash the Queens' army of pests, find her now locked away snacks, and save Waris!
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

New character, Jacquard. He is very full of himself, in fact, you may say he has a fat head... or an inflated ego... eh.

Also he can turn into a skinny version of himself or something

Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I read that as Jarquaad at first
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

J̶E̶S̶U̶S̶ JEEPERS C̶H̶R̶I̶S̶T̶ CRIPES!! I remember seeing some of the early screen shots of this, (here on this thread, I guess!?) years ago and being really impressed with what I saw. It's great to see that it's still being actively worked on! Some of the latest stuff you've shown looks FANTASTIC!

That sprite sheet for "Mimikyu" is adorable!
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

So I'm designing a game, or at least getting the general groundwork in play called "Picsole Hammer". The name is still pending but yeah, anyways, I figured that as I design new characters and what not, I'd show them off in here.

This is Anneal. To start, no, she isn't the main character, I'll be revealing them at a later time. She doesn't have much in terms of memories, however she always tends to be optimistic, referring to her amnesia as "being given a blank slate". That said, she is terrified of birds for an unknown reason. She is always seen with her trusty bow that can fire off all sorts of arrows to help to travel around. She calls it the "Stinger".
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Captain Hub Gutter (formerly Captain Anvil) is a bag guy, a really bad guy to be exact. I mean, you don't get much worse than a pirate cyborg miner. Instead of sailing the seas, he sails underground tunnels, popping above ground to steal items made from a precious material known as Picsole. It's worth noting that his mechanical arm, leg, and jaw/beard are all made of Picsole.
Last edited by Chaoxys 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Caaaiozk wrote: 5 years ago Hello Chaoxys! I just created an account in your forum, and what brought me here was the demo Mario Midas Machine project, I liked the game so much that I was curious to know how the game development is. I have no words to tell you how perfect the game is, the graphics, the music, the design, everything! Now I will always be here commenting on your creations.

I want to be game design, and I'm working on a whole new game with totally new ideas, similar to this Mario, and I was very inspired by the style of graphics that you used to create this Mario. I'm really inspired by your style of creating graphics, if possible I wanted to help in the development of the game too, I'm very fan of this game!!

Please answer something, if you want help in the project, because I am seeing this project very still and I am very eager to see more creations of it !! I really want to help!!

Note: I'm from Brazil, and I have to use a translator to communicate.
I'm glad you enjoyed the demo! As for the game itself, the person programming has been very busy with stuff in real life, so work has slowed down a bit. I'm still working on it frequently, but without someone to program, there isn't much we can do.

As for your offer to help, I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid most everything as far as graphics is taken care of at this point, however if anything comes up and we need more graphics, I'll let you know. That said, I'm glad to hear that you like my style so much, it's a really fun style to work with.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Caaaiozk wrote: 5 years ago
Chaoxys wrote: 5 years ago
Caaaiozk wrote: 5 years ago Hello Chaoxys! I just created an account in your forum, and what brought me here was the demo Mario Midas Machine project, I liked the game so much that I was curious to know how the game development is. I have no words to tell you how perfect the game is, the graphics, the music, the design, everything! Now I will always be here commenting on your creations.

I want to be game design, and I'm working on a whole new game with totally new ideas, similar to this Mario, and I was very inspired by the style of graphics that you used to create this Mario. I'm really inspired by your style of creating graphics, if possible I wanted to help in the development of the game too, I'm very fan of this game!!

Please answer something, if you want help in the project, because I am seeing this project very still and I am very eager to see more creations of it !! I really want to help!!

Note: I'm from Brazil, and I have to use a translator to communicate.
I'm glad you enjoyed the demo! As for the game itself, the person programming has been very busy with stuff in real life, so work has slowed down a bit. I'm still working on it frequently, but without someone to program, there isn't much we can do.

As for your offer to help, I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid most everything as far as graphics is taken care of at this point, however if anything comes up and we need more graphics, I'll let you know. That said, I'm glad to hear that you like my style so much, it's a really fun style to work with.
Sorry for the delay in responding, the same day I saw the message you sent me but I did not respond for the laziness, same :mrgreen:.

If you are thinking that my graphics are of low quality, you are mistaken, because I have enough notion of design and styles, if you want I can send some images of my work in the private message! I could help as a beta tester as well, because I really like this game and could give design tips as well, because I understand a lot of "how to leave the level pretty". (For example, the water level in the demo version is very poorly done in my opinion, could redo it... and some other levels too!).
The issue isn't your spriting quality, it's simply that pretty much everything has already been made at this point, all thats left is programming the remaining enemies/bosses/ect
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Caaaiozk wrote: 5 years ago Hello Chaoxys!! See at the private message I sent you. When you see I delete this post!! ;)
Concern.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Been a while since I've posted some art, and while I'm sure everyone would rather I post some Midas Machine stuff, I'm afraid theres really nothing left to show that isn't a major spoiler, so I'm afraid all I have left is character designs for my game.

Mallet, the main character

Dwells, the traveling scavenger/merchant

Stryke (tall) and Blo (short), the punkish pair

Alice, a pop idol and mascot of the theme park, Wonderland

Draft, you can hear him snoring away, which acts as a hint that a rest spot is nearby. Once awoken, he can jot down your adventures for you

Master Vulcan, world renown picsolesmith

Pierce, a laid back mechanic who is setting up some sort of system to help the people of the land. He secretly wants to be an adventurer

Also worth mentioning, the evil pirate guy from before, Captain Anvil, is now called "Captain Hub Gutter", or Captain Gutter for short, or Gutter for really short.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Love it! Characters full of imagination, totally reminds me of old Lucasarts point and click games from the early 90's :3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Now that you mention it, I am getting some Monkey Island vibes from a few of these designs, though that's certainly not a bad thing!

Also be sure to keep Draft away from fat mustachioed elves.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

New character for my game. I wasn't going to post this one since it's not in my usual concept art style, but I fell in love with the design so I guess I'll post it anyways.

This is Bloom. In the world this game takes place it, there are potion makers. How they work is that they start by learning the basics of potions, then they step out into the world to discover their inspiration. They use this as a focus point for their potions, so for example, a potion maker may choose roses, from this point, they will create potions revolving around roses as ingredients. This is so they can advance more and more instead of all dabbling in base level stuff for years and years.

That said, I guess it's obvious what Bloom picked as her inspiration.
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

Hi!

That (awful) Chaotix game that raocow's playing at the moment reminded me of your name and this thread. Just wanted to know if your Midas Machine project is still alive? Hope so!!

Peace.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

benzeenie wrote: 4 years ago Hi!

That (awful) Chaotix game that raocow's playing at the moment reminded me of your name and this thread. Just wanted to know if your Midas Machine project is still alive? Hope so!!

Peace.
Unfortunately the programmer for Midas Machine seems to have disappeared (not in a fully literal sense, I still see him log onto his switch regularly so I know he's fine), so theres not much that can be done with the project at this point, so it's more or less dead I'm afraid. That said, it's kind of refreshing for me to actually be working on something new and original after having been dedicating myself to a Mario fangame for many years. But yeah, I do apologize as I know many people were looking forward to it. Trust me, I would have loved to have seen it completed.