(shouting)

Chaoxys sprite stuff place

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Re: Chaoxys sprite stuff place

Post by Chaoxys »

Glad you like them.

Well it's a good thing that when I said I'd be making a level a week, I took into consideration that some levels would be a bit of a thing (heh heh) as the level I'm working on has a lot in it and will be a two weeker for sure. In the meantime, heres a simple little shot or two.

A couple things worth mentioning. During the falling segment, I plan on having a more durable Takko for the player to use to make it fair. Also, I plan on replacing the BGs in this level, the ones shown are just placeholders.
Money

Post by Money »

Chaoxys wrote:Image

is this trial of iron?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

It's just might be...

But yeah, that level is from the level "SS Subpar" which is basically one big nod to the ASMT series. That room is just a side section.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

I'm sick and I don't feel like spriting MM stuff or stuff for A2XT, so I'll make more paper sprites for fun.

For Mishi's Paper design, I tried to balance her out a bit. While she still has a long neck, I made her taller to compensate a bit. I also gave her a Gothic Lolita motif.

EDIT-Image
I put Pili in a winter getup because I like to imagine that Paper Pili is constantly super cold outside of areas that are really hot.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I'd learn how to decompile GMS games just so I could put these in PM3DL.
Nice job.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Glad you like them, I plan on making the other siblings, and then some, in the future.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

omigosh look how cute mishi is :o
and pily looks so warm and snuggly i love these so much ♥
ImageImageImage
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

they're adorable I love these soosososo much
mishi and pily are big ol cutie pies
Friendly Dictator
rad
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Friendly Dictator »

oh man that pily is so cute
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

mishi's neck is not nearly long nor bendy enough

other than that those are some good sprites
"i like bugs"
t
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Learning-Timebuster wrote:mishi's neck is not nearly long nor bendy enough

other than that those are some good sprites
Chaoxys wrote:For Mishi's Paper design, I tried to balance her out a bit. While she still has a long neck, I made her taller to compensate a bit.
That was intentional. I'm trying to change the designs for the paper variants, plus i'm trying to make them all to where, if "A Paper Thing" ever did happen, the designs would be easy to work with when it comes to battles and what not. Thats not to say that the longer neck design wouldn't work, but I personally see more potential with this.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

yeah i understand that its a stylization thing it just happens to be a thing that i do not agree with, but yknow, up to you
"i like bugs"
t
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Did a Nabbit thing. Still messing with the animations and what not, but I think the sprite as a whole is pretty decent.

EDIT- Just gonna spoiler this sprite for those who don't like spooky stuff.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

I got inspired to mess with another Sibling's design! This time I took a shot at Calleoca. I believe I said a while back that I was picturing her constantly swapping her costume out for different cosplay themed things, but for her default design, I went for a cliche Japanese schoolgirl thing.

EDIT- When ahead and made science. I had 2 issues with him honestly. The first being that I wasn't sure what to do with those green dealies on his head dome thing, and the second being that, if this was made with the idea of it being in an RPG, I'd have to do something with him to make him more versatile with his actions, so thats why in the end, I gave him a hat!

The actual idea is that the "hat" is a multi purpose tool of sorts. maybe it can extend via a tether and act as a hand, or shoot some kind of attack thing, idk, I didn't think that far ahead. The only purpose I did give it is that it can act as an escape vessel in case science's main body is destroyed.

Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Long time, no post, whoops.

I made another... wait... that isn't a sibling...
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Oh no! Stuff!

For those wondering what is up with Garish, thats the result of some rambling in one of the a2xt chats in which we thought, hey, what if Garish was a Culinary warlord, instead of your normal military styled kind.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

If Mishi's neck was longer, I imagine she would fight like a Pokey does. Just kinda falling...
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

those little outfits are the cutest thing ever omg
look at these squishy little babies! :o
every one of them is so cute and i love them
ImageImageImage
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

BurntTenda wrote:If Mishi's neck was longer, I imagine she would fight like a Pokey does. Just kinda falling...
My current idea is that they'd fight in a style fitting to their "gimmicks". So in the case of Mishi, she's a gothic lolita seamstress, so she's fight with sewing machines... Sound familiar, no?

But yeah, most of the Paper Siblings are based on attributes from the actual games, then expanded upon or twisted, and their fights would most likely work in a similar manner.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

I've been a bit under the weather as of late (not actually sick, but just dealing with sleep bruxism which has kept me in constant pain), so I didn't feel like working on my normal stuff, so instead I sprited 3 characters that I thought would be neat in SMBX, because idk why.

Shantae- Power ups give her limited use abilities, like the items in her games, however she has access to her transformation dances which allow her extra abilities, that or the forms she takes when using a power up are some of her transformations (Leaf=Harpy).

Inkling- Power ups give her different weapons/ink colors. When she shoots in, it places a 1 tile blob on the ground (up to 5 before older ones start to fade. If you duck on an ink blob, you will hide in it.

Kirby- Power ups don't give him any abilities, instead, he spits out a large star color coded to the power up. Said star effects things in the same manner that the power up would (Fire Flower = Red Star - Can't kill Buzzy Beetle/Thwomp/ect). On the other hand, Kirby can eat enemies and get abilities from them, taking the place of power ups in that sense.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I hope Super Mario Brothers & The Midas Machine is progressing well. Have not heard of it in a while.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Willhart wrote: 7 years ago I hope Super Mario Brothers & The Midas Machine is progressing well. Have not heard of it in a while.
Yeah, it's still going on, don't worry. Main reason I've been so quiet is because I've been focusing on spriting the final boss and it's taking a long time, sorry.

Heres a somewhat recent thing I did to make up for it.

Also, heres an April Fools Day gag I did on MFGG in which I showed off the "final boss", Greed Bowser/Greed Syrup (obviously not real bosses)
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

New Paper thing, this time it's Rockythechao's Baron Magnum, or should I say, Magnum PI?

In the paper ASMT would, Baron Magnum is a detective with a long running goal, to catch an elusive sword using thief, however since the thief tends to do more good than harm when committing crimes, no one has bothered to press any real charges, causing Magnum to go out of his way to catch this thief, often resulting in said detective causing a lot of harm than good.

Whats next? Perhaps, I'll sprite said thief?

EDIT- Nope, next is Uncle Broadsword, a well known archeologist.

EDIT2- Now with totally original character do not steal, Master Thief Claymore and his special sword of thievery!

EDIT3- I refuse to double post, so lets just see how many edits I'll have to add until someone breaks my chain.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I like Master Thief Claymore, he's pretty rad looking and not at all Uncle Broadsword.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Decided to sprite Kirby for SMBX. I don't plan on making sheets for his abilities right now, but if someone wants to add him into the game, I'll sprite them.

Massive image warning I guess.