(shouting)

Chaoxys sprite stuff place

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Re: Midas Machine stuff place

Post by Chaoxys »

Just a shot from a little bonus room I'm working on.

It's somewhere in world 5, although I keep having to tone down the difficulty as it feels more like a late game level than midgame (as shown by my low health).
Last edited by Chaoxys 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Wario Land sprite, if I'm not mistaken?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Bwarch wrote:Wario Land sprite, if I'm not mistaken?
Yep. World 1 has a level made up of SMB sprites (Retro Run), and that got me thinking, lots of games, both unofficial and by Nintendo, love to use the SMB sprites, but wheres the love to the portly anti hero's classic sprites?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Who likes ice levels? Who like BGs? You like both? Then do I have an update for you!

Probably worth mentioning that this BG is made up of 6 different layers which looks really pretty with the parallax scrolling.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

As some of you may or may not be aware of, NCFC (Nintendo Community Fangame Convention) starts tonight. Sadly, due to real life stuff getting in the way, Midas Machine won't be releasing, but we wanted to prove that we are making progress and haven't been sitting on our hands the whole time, so we are showing off a few new mechanics. I'm here to show off one of them a few hours early for you guys.
A new playable character appears!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love c:
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

NCFC has started so the Midas Machine booth is up. It doesn't have too much that's different from last year aside from a number of new screenshots, some of which show off some new features of the game. It also links to the demo that came out a few months ago.
http://www.mfgg.net/midasmachine/index. ... ay=screens
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

So I'm totally not making a full MM sheet for Demo or anything...

On another note, which of these do you all thing looks better for a fire palette for her?
Left is her basic fire palette as seen in the ASMT games, right is my take on it.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

It all depends on what you think. Wanna stick to Asmt Demo? Go with #1. Want a custom Demo sprite? Go with your version.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Chaoxys wrote:So I'm totally not making a full MM sheet for Demo or anything...

On another note, which of these do you all thing looks better for a fire palette for her?
Left is her basic fire palette as seen in the ASMT games, right is my take on it.
Right.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Duuuuuude, please tell me you used that Blaarg sprite you once posted long ago. I don't even remember which forum it was (maybe TSR?), but it's literally my favorite sprite of yours.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Ningamer wrote:It all depends on what you think. Wanna stick to Asmt Demo? Go with #1. Want a custom Demo sprite? Go with your version.
Well thats just it, both have their own appeals, so I wanted to get some more opinions on it to see what everyone else thinks.
AuraLancer wrote:Duuuuuude, please tell me you used that Blaarg sprite you once posted long ago. I don't even remember which forum it was (maybe TSR?), but it's literally my favorite sprite of yours.
As of right now it's still planned to show up, but things can always change so I can't say anything for sure.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

So as I saw in the last page, you were going to to make A Midas Machine Thing once MM is done? Do you have any ideas for it?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Ningamer wrote:So as I saw in the last page, you were going to to make A Midas Machine Thing once MM is done? Do you have any ideas for it?
That was more so me joking around. I'd be all for spriting it, but theres a very good chance that, unless someone here is interested in programming, that I won't be doing AMMT.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Eh ok..also is there anything changed in the NCFC 2014 version of MM?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Ningamer wrote:Eh ok..also is there anything changed in the NCFC 2014 version of MM?
Unfortunately there isn't. We've actually made a number of updates to the game (especially in the first two worlds) since the demo's release in June, but due to lack of time and being super busy irl, we were unable to set up a new demo.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Ok then. I have another question: Who is yoir favorite Asmbxt character? Demo, Iris, Kood, raocow, or Sheath?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Ningamer wrote:Ok then. I have another question: Who is yoir favorite Asmbxt character? Demo, Iris, Kood, raocow, or Sheath?
Probably Demo, although I like all of them in the end, mainly due to how their personalities have been shaped by the talkhaus community. It gives them all some lovable charm.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Out of the 5, how many have you made MM styled sprites for? You showed us Demo and Iris. What about Kood, raocow, and Sheath?
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Ningamer wrote:Out of the 5, how many have you made MM styled sprites for? You showed us Demo and Iris. What about Kood, raocow, and Sheath?
I've only made sprites for Demo and Iris, and with Iris, I only have the standing pose. Honestly, my concern right now is more so on spriting all the other things we need for MM, so I'm afraid I have no plans on spriting the other 3, at least not now (although Kood is just a Koopa so to be fair, I sort of sprited him already).
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

OH THERE'S A DEMO

I mean actual game demo, not... Demo

BETTER PLAY THE HECK OUT OF IT IF I CAN FIND THE TIME

It's hard to say which of the two palettes is nicer... the pinkish one is subtle but the orangish one stands out more. The orange one is probably the better choice though, because of its bolder color.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

swirlybomb wrote:OH THERE'S A DEMO

I mean actual game demo, not... Demo

BETTER PLAY THE HECK OUT OF IT IF I CAN FIND THE TIME

It's hard to say which of the two palettes is nicer... the pinkish one is subtle but the orangish one stands out more. The orange one is probably the better choice though, because of its bolder color.
Well I hope you enjoy the demo. Keep in mind that a number of things have been changes (1-3 has been completely remade, the sewer boss has been replaced, ect.

I hope you also enjoy this Demo:
She's sniffing her knees.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Ewww Demo....whats down there? Anyways, how are you going to use Captian Toad in a 2D Platformer? Must be kidda harder....
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Not really. The mechanics carry over into 2D really easily since it's just based on restricting movement.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Ningamer wrote:Ewww Demo....whats down there? Anyways, how are you going to use Captian Toad in a 2D Platformer? Must be kidda harder....
Pretty much what Bwarch said. We have a lot of things to work with with him. Dune Buds, springs, rail platforms, Helepads, Cataplants, and many other things can be used to make up for his lack of jumping ability. Actually, we posted some shots of a test level we made on the NCFC forum topic for MM.

http://forum.nintendocfc.com/showthread.php?tid=448

EDIT- In other news, I'm having way too much fun with this