(shouting)

Demo fan art, for no reason!

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: Demo fan art, for no reason!

Post by Rixithechao »

So much dancing all up in this 'haus, yo
It's not super-accurate to the animation from today's video but oh well
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Kitet
what!!
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Kitet »

Ahaha what the heck, that's really good and cute! The head staying static looks a little odd but whatev
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

I got lazy toward the end I realized while polishing it that "oh man this reminds me of all those dancing gifs with some random character's head badly photoshopped in" and figured I'd just roll with it.
I'll churn out a version with the head flipping real quick.

Le edit:

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

That is FFFFFREAKING ADORABLE
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

EVERYBODY DO THE raocow
~Swing your arms from side to si-

OhmygoshI'msosorrythatwasohjeezIwasbeingreallyinsensitivetherenoIdidn'tstealthisjokefromganontekwhatareyoutalkingabout

I figured the next logical step would be Demo, but then again, why should she and raocow get to have all the fun?

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I love love love it.

Iris's eye always make it like she's concentrating more.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

It's a demo alright

Alternative versions:
Menshay

Post by Menshay »

Rockythechao wrote:Image
Shouldn't she have a neck?

Anyway, I decided to recolor those hi-res sprites I did a while ago. Have some powerups, including Albino Demo.
cyclops_powerup_parade.png
cyclops_powerup_parade.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 5769 times
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

Menshay wrote:
Rockythechao wrote:Image
Shouldn't she have a neck?
Stylistic choice and/or more laziness.

docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I've got to say. The feet in those dancing animations are animated really well.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i dont have pictures of my lil drawings but i made some fandemons today so i thought here would be a good as place as any to write about them, if anybody besides me cares about fandemons which are totally a thing
Frederick - A demon with four bodies, each coming off of a different point of his eye. He moves by rotating his body causing him to roll around and can reach very high speeds. Color (of hair and clothes): ???

Minnow - A mute loner demon with the powers of flight who lives alone in the mountains. Spends most of her time reading in the old library found in the ancient monastery up far away into the north. Color: White.

Lucy - An incredibly strong demon who uses the charging technique of the Charlies. Very serious and doesn't really put up with the other demons' shenanigans. Color: Dark orange?

Basket - A very successful businessdemon with a lot of good connections. He's notably quite rude in person, though. Has a "top hat, red bowtie and cane" getup. Also bald. Color: Black.

Finnegan - A demon with tentacles instead of legs who is incredibly versatile underwater. Knows all the latest rumors and word on the street and stuff. I don't know why. Color: Green? Blue?

Elara - This one is actually made out of the design of my old "author insert" demon I would doodle on papers sometimes. That's why her name is mine backways. But she isn't an author insert anymore. Anyway, Elara has antennae that allow her to send one-way psychic messages to other demons and she also glows in the dark. Color: Purple/Pink.
idk i just find demons really fun to design and draw. the way raocow set the "standard" with Demo, and then played with it (and in some cases throwing it out the window) with the other demons is really cool and i like coming up with interesting ideas in this mold too.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kitet
what!!
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Kitet »

Heehee, they sound cute, leet! I'd like to see what Lucy looks like. :>

That reminds me, I've had this sitting around in my dropbox for a while... couple years, by the look of it.
An Iscribble screencap. Some of my friends have a private board.
I drew the tiny demo in the middle, and then someone else came in, saw the demo, and drew a couple more demons to match, without knowing who demo is.
Thing is, since they didn't leave any signature or anything, I don't remember who drew this. I think it may be charcoalfeathers on tumblr? But it's only a guess. I also don't know who drew the journey guy up top.

I just wanted to share some cute not-even-fan-demons.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

O how I love this thread.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm putting this here rather than in the a2xt forum because... I don't want to influence that game's story too much, and I don't want to, like, force people into using things, and stuff. Like I introduced the uncles with the ideas that they would be used, but as for these, it's in no way, like obligatory.

So anyone reading/seeing this from the collab spot, do what you will with this.

Anyway. A while back, after I designed the uncles, for some reason it bothered me that I had only designed two 'generations'. Like to me, 'two' of something seems like it's missing something, it felt incomplete, so I designed in my mind what could be considered the 'grand-parent' generation of space demons. I had named them after the four evils of game design, and was quite happy with myself to just leave it that way.
However, I realised that what makes the sibblings neat is how... they were all kind of blank slates and they ended up growing in terms of characters in way that I didn't forsee, just sort of naturally, with people playing around with them. So I figured I'd release the four elders out there to the world, and see what would (if anything) happen from it.

To reiterate, a2xt crew, don't feel forced to use them. I have no idea what is going on in the story thread over there, what with a big no raocow sign on the door :(

Here is the image, and in the spoiler text what little I had deemed enough to satisfy my lore quotent thing sentence ends here.
ancients.jpg
ancients.jpg (84.35 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
Wind: by far the most evil of the bunch, dude just really hates the concept of joy and goes out of his way to eliminate it from the world. At least he used to, until he realised that removing joy from the world actually brought HIM some joy. He thought about stopping, but then it would just create more joy in the world - after thinking about it for a bit, he thought of a plan to seal himself into complete stasis, and with that a process that has an exactly 50% chance of also sealing the world in its entirety in pure stasis, the idea being that if there is nothing, there is no joy. However by having the second part of this plan having a fifty percent failure rate, he would be still be uncertain as to if it would end successfully upon his own stasising, and this make sure he didn't feel any joy out of the whole thing.

Geneator: way into hiphop

Earthquake: not his original body - found out that if he transposed his will into meat it increased his powers by a thousand-fold. Is called 'papi hamboney' by his many grandchildren.

Doormaze: strives to achieve perfect neutrality within herself, and avoids any and all conflicts. A pretty good signer, has a range going from contrabasoon to harpsicord. Some say that she actually attached some of her 'song' to pieces of the universe itself, and that certain demons perfectly atuned to the world can here them, like some kind of background music. PRETTY WEIRD THAT.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

Ooh. I like grandfather wind. He's got a very convoluted and over the top plan. xD Also he looks really cool... Though I may or may not think nagas look really cool which might be biasing me.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I like Nana Doormaze. She looks like an older demo, wearing a hoody. And actually looks like a demon.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Might as well dump this here I guess:
It's Demo Knight!
Based on this little pixel work Rockythechao did

I feel like I should be reviving my art thread
Menshay

Post by Menshay »

I kind of expected something more eldritch for the "ancients" so have some great old ones or something.
ancestor water level plus fleshlord avatar.png
ancestor water level plus fleshlord avatar.png (230.11 KiB) Viewed 5540 times
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

I feel like you can make good levels based on all those bad design tropes except for door maze. Frickin door mazes man.

Also - that flesh lord looks amazing.

Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Re: Demo's extended family:

Well, since this may or may not be a thing, I also made some unofficial cycloptic demon aliens. However, instead of going the typical route and making some ancestors, I decided to go the other way in the family tree. Thus, Demo's [potential] descendants. And while I was at it I ended up making them the antitheses of raocow's ancestor space demons: very humanoid characters (mostly) inspired by the virtues of video games. Now then, have an image:
The Descendants
The Descendants
Demo's Descendants.jpg (497.25 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
And some profiles:
Silhouette is a professional mime/intelligence personnel. As she's essentially a living shadow against the brightness of the world, she excels at the latter job by blending into other people's shadows or, barring that, anything else dark-colored. Nobody's sure if her face is actually a face or just some make-up in the vague shape thereof. It doesn't help that as a mime she only talks in her sleep. Still, she's friendly if you're willing to open up to her.

Adagio, despite being a young boy, is incredibly skilled in the playing the strings. He wears a violin-like set of threads in place of a shirt and can play the most soothing music you've ever heard. He may or may not have learned it from the ethereal background music left by her distant ancestor, nana doormaze.

Antepiece is a smart girl who has her own reading glass. She's also the tallest and strongest of her group, owing to her love of the hit videogame SeeFit. Even on cloudy days, her skin gets a pleasant tan whenever she exercises. And she has no neck--her head just sort of floats in place somehow. Still, it doesn't seem to affect her ability to breathe, eat, and speak Arabic.

Spectacle is the arms and explosives expert of the group. You can tell because her hat doubles as a cannon that can shoot at least 180 different types of projectiles. She also has a thing for wearing corsets on the outside of her clothes, and had inherited her sock-gloves from her ancestor Demo. Just don't try to insult her fashion sense--she is a very big steampunk fan and doesn't take it well whenever someone tells her she's "antique junk".

Booface is the youngest in the group, and so has an incredible fascination with arts-and-crafts and the supernatural. Also, despite her small stature she has incredible lung capacity. Thus, she is almost never seen without a Big Boo balloon she personally inflated to size in a single breath and doodled all over with her markers. However, she really hates people who pop said balloons, and will cause a miniature hurricane if provoked that way.

And Despair...well, she's the black sheep. Not only is she incredibly insecure and distrustful of anyone outside of the other five descendants, but she also has no sense of color and mind-breakingly horrible posture. Seriously, anyone else who tries to lean as far to the side as she normally does is guaranteed to fall down! Her ears are all too sensitive to sudden noises, which is why she's so wary of Booface's balloons and Spectacle's cannon-hat. Finally, she has no idea what that alphanumeric thing on her skirt is supposed to mean and obsesses over it daily.
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

Great Blue Windrunner plus Lucemon plus Raotopian (that's what I call Demo's species) equals this guy.

Name: Lucas
Elemental Alignment: Normal

Lucas is the priest of the Holy God of Swiss Ham and Large Cheese. He's one of Demo's cousins, so he can easily adapt to sudden changes in terrain, a trait evolved by all life on his homeworld due to the planet's regular intervals of self-destructing and self-reassembling. His wing-a-legs don't really help him fly, but they make nice melee weapons. The marking on the left side of his chest, although familiar in meaning to us, is heralded as the mark of the Mark of the Holy God of Swiss Ham and Large Cheese by the Raotopians.

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Joseph Staleknight wrote:Despair
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
vLOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

Unaniem wrote:Might as well dump this here I guess:
It's Demo Knight!
Based on this little pixel work Rockythechao did

I feel like I should be reviving my art thread
Where's the Chargin' Targe?

Anyway, I made another cousin!

Name: Garretta
Elemental Alignment: Steel

Garretta is a cyborg, with only her nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, and digestive systems remaining intact from a strange accident involving a sofa, an expensive haircut, 20 pounds of bacon, and Texas. She was rescued by a mirror universe version of Dr. Eggman, who was leading an evacuation from his universe's Earth to escape the tyranny of that universe's Sonic. After witnessing the mirror universe Sonic kill a helpless Mephiles (also from the mirror universe), she swore to put a stop to the blue hedgehog's reign of terror.

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Congratulations raocow, you've unleashed the floodgates, and now everyone is making up extended family.

Actually, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner with all the siblings.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

I see the time has finally come to debut my super-amazing space demon! Everyone say hello to...
DAMO ROSECOPTER!!!!
(original character do not steel, iron or tungsten)

Damo comes from an alternate dimension where a virus turned everyone into Horikawa and she had to fuse with Rainbow Dash, a yukkuri, a bucket and a half-eaten cracker to survive. Because of this Damo gained incredible cybermagic eldritch voodoo ninja powers and now she has to go through at least six metric tons of dye and conditioner every week to keep her hair from becoming so gaudy that it blinds everyone in existence.

Oh, and she has the ability to fart baby robot pandas whenever she sees the color purple. No, wait, exploding baby robot pandas. With laser saws.
But in all seriousness, these fan demons are pretty cool so far. Sebby's right, though, now it's only a matter of time before we reach MLP/Homestuck/Sanic levels of OC over-saturation. I'm guessing we'll start to see folks requesting a separate thread for fan characters pretty soon.