(shouting)

Most Disappointing Game of 2018

The 2018 Mosts have to be better than last year because it's one more than 2017. Wow!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Most Disappointing Game of 2018

Post by YelseyKing »

This one is for a game that wasn't necessarily *bad*, but just did not live up to the hope and expectations you had for it, or indeed even its full potential.

For me, it'd be the Secret of Mana remake.

While not necessarily *bad*, it was an incredibly unambitious, almost 1:1 remake. When I first heard it was getting remade, I was initially excited, figuring that this was a golden opportunity for them to restore the loads of content that got cut when the game, originally designed for the failed SNES CD add-on, had to be stripped down to fit on a cart. But alas, it was not. Nor did it fix a lot of the other issues I'd had with the game. (Such as, seriously, is there *any* reason why an *action* RPG needs Hit/Evade stats?) It was competent, and very much playable, but fell *well* short of what it *could* have been.

(You don't have to elaborate on your feelings about why a game disappointed you. I just did as an example of what I mean. This isn't another thread to just shit on Fallout 76 or Metal Gear Survive. :P)
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Most Disappointing Game of 2018

Post by Dizzybelle »

Ni No Kuni 2

listen, its still a very good game and i'd definitely reccommend it to people, but it was just a really big downgrade from the first game
from being half as long, rehashing plot points, having a way less interesting combat system and forgettable characters, it just... let me down in terms of quality. I can't go into great detail without spoiling things but i have strong feelings >.>
ImageImageImage
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

There's nothing that's particularly bad about these games, but they're just so barebones and basic,
and filled with some strange decisions that really disappointed me.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

Agony Expectations for this game was just too high.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

SSBU

Not, like, it'S disappointing or such. I have only a different sight of that game being overhyped/overrated.
It's just hard to explain for me.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

Holding half the roster ransom aside, the single player content is pretty eh and I couldn't really keep playing after about 2 months after release.

Who has the most?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Just like with the worst game, I'll go with Mario Tennis Aces for where it really should be.

Way too barebones of a launch. Kirby: Star Allies was similar, but I at least felt like I got a whole game out of it and that one's had more than enough free content added since its launch. The tennis game was missing so many standard options for match settings and odd story mode decisions at the start that it felt like it was an Ultra Smash empty deal all over again. Even after the update, it seems kind of underwhelming. So while it's not a bad game, it sure isn't a good one. That's pretty disappointing to me.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I'd probably say SSBU, too, mostly because of the lack of Stage Builder and trophies (and how incredibly difficult it can be to unlock certain characters). Kinda hoping they make up for those deficits in the coming years, though I may not want to hold my breath.
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

Joseph Staleknight wrote: 5 years ago I'd probably say SSBU, too, mostly because of the lack of Stage Builder and trophies (and how incredibly difficult it can be to unlock certain characters). Kinda hoping they make up for those deficits in the coming years, though I may not want to hold my breath.
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when there was no stage builder or trophies. (not to mention the lack of levels or story in story mode and the dumbed down final smashes)

Although I wouldn't say the game is disappointing in general at all.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.