(shouting)

2016 Mosts Rules & Guidelines - Read First (Fourth Update)

http://pbfcomics.com/78/
ano0maly
Discord User

2016 Mosts Rules & Guidelines - Read First (Fourth Update)

Post by ano0maly »

Mosts voting is now done. Thanks for participating!

Welcome to the 2016 Mosts! This is where you get to vote for accomplished nominees, come up with categories, and most of all, have some fun as you look back at talkhaus in the year of 2016.

Vote Format

You may use either of the two formats.

1) The vote in the first line of your post (in a separate line). Followed by whatever else you want to say in that post. I suggest you use a "-" if you don't want to vote yet.
2) Having your vote in
bold.

As usual, only the vote in your first post of a given Mosts thread will count. If you need to change your vote, you can edit that first post.

Exception: If you're the thread creator, you may vote either in the opening post or in your first reply in the thread (not both obviously).

Guidelines on Voting

You get one vote per thread. Use it wisely.

Please make the vote understandable enough so that it can be properly counted. Don't be too ambiguous with the vote. And no "this or that" votes. Choose one to vote for; other mentions can go elsewhere in your posts.

Self-votes do not count in the actual vote tally.

Making a New Category

A thread will be eligible for a winner if the thread tally has a minimum of 7 counted votes (for the whole thread, not for a particular winner).
  • Make the categories relevant in some way to this year, and related to talkhaus or something of interest to the talkhaus community.
  • Explain the category adequately so people aren't confused about what the topic is. Like whether to vote for an attribute or for a user that has the attribute.
  • Don't make meta categories about the Mosts itself.
  • "Worst _" threads are allowed so long as they remain light-hearted and do not incite drama.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: 2016 Mosts Rules & Guidelines - Read First (First Update)

Post by ano0maly »

Since people seem to not follow da directionz, here's an update to the rules & guidelines.

1) On vote format:
  • I'm going to relax the rule and allow either the original vote format (have only your vote at the top line of your post) or putting your vote in boldface.
  • Having said that, now I want to enforce the format more strictly. Meaning that if you're not following the guidelines, I may pester you with PM if necessary.
  • This takes effect starting from the time of this post, so you don't need to edit posts made before this, as long as they're clear enough for me to count the votes.
So either one of these (examples upsized for clarity):
Example 1 wrote:raocow

I'll be voting for raocow for this.
Example 2 wrote:I'll be voting for raocow for this.
2) I've seen votes saying "A or B". Please don't do that. Pick one so I know what to count.

This is a good example of how to have honorary mentions while voting.
kitikami wrote:Distorted Travesty 3

Super Cat Planet and Guacamelee also stood out, and Hyper Light Drifter looks really promising as well. JUMP was probably my favorite of the Marios.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: 2016 Mosts Rules & Guidelines - Read First (Second Update)

Post by ano0maly »

MAGL3 related threads are good to go now.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: 2016 Mosts Rules & Guidelines - Read First (Third Update)

Post by ano0maly »

No real updates to the OP itself, but this is just a general reminder.

I know Mosts is for celebration and having fun, and therefore would lead to some humor and jokes, but please don't turn it into a wasteland with trash topics. They may be moved to the Polls forum at my discretion.

Also, be respectful of the topic at hand to a reasonable extent, that is, to the extent of the quality of the category itself. If it's clearly a joke topic, then it's fine to respond with jokes, but don't raid a thread where people have actual interest in the category. That's doing a disservice to other people. (I'm not saying you can't make joke votes, but it might be a good idea to at least have some semblance of relevance to the topic.)
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: 2016 Mosts Rules & Guidelines - Read First (Fourth Update)

Post by ano0maly »

Mosts voting has ended. You can still post in the discussion thread, perhaps to share your thoughts on how the Mosts commenced, and also in the userbars thread.