(shouting)

MAGLX3: THE MOVIE: THE CONTEST: THE GAME

Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Re: MAGLX3: THE MOVIE: THE CONTEST: THE GAME

Post by Emral »

deice wrote: 3 years ago also bug report:
oh yea and one more thing i just noticed while replaying through the maglx3 episode rather than just the editor. the foo seems to be completely broken? i haven't searched for levels other than my own that have one to confirm if it's throughout the entire episode or not, but for some reason they never stop exhaling and they seem to randomly clip through blocks when in tight spaces. i've never encountered either of these during playtesting.
SMBX2 bug with particles that'll be fixed in the hotfix :catplanet:
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Ignoritus
O◡O
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ignoritus »

Rednaxela wrote: 3 years ago
Ignoritus wrote: 3 years ago Edit:
So I just took a look at it. The only problem was that a critical NPC which made the level function was removed. Like anyone, I've made some dumb mistakes before, but I'm fairly confident I didn't delete a critical NPC and then submit my level without testing, especially since I had other people test this level.
I just played exactly the version you uploaded here https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?p=429371#p429371 in the level submission thread, in the MX3 version of SMBX2... and yeah, your critical NPC is missing in that version.

That was just how your level file was during the most recent upload you made of it in 2019-05-29. I'm guessing it probably was present though in a different/earlier version of the upload you made? Or maybe uploaded the wrong file the final time? I see from the edits to that post that you revised your upload a few times, and perhaps something went wrong along the way one of those times? In any case, if you re-download from the google drive link that is currently in your post there, you'll see the critical NPC in question was missing as of that linked version, which I believe is the version that was considered the final submitted version.
Yo, I've got to admit. I couldn't check because I no longer possess the level file, and it never occurred to me to go back to the original submission.

I genuinely have no idea how that happened considering I had people test the level and it was working then, but at the two year mark I'm not gonna remember, so I'll have to take the L and admit that I definitely messed up somehow on that one. Sorry for being a bit prickly about it, but it's rather disappointing after two years of wondering about this for the ultimate conclusion to be "oops".
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Yeah... definitely a disappointing and unfortunate outcome...
ChaseSP

Post by ChaseSP »

I found something that I'm not sure if it is intended or not. Spoilers below for hidden content
You can freely use Megaman's Hammer Suit powerup to kill yourself in all of the hub areas and not bother with the puzzles at all, infact I'm pretty this is how you'd find out how to do it in the Hub at least unless there's something you unlock later maybe.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

So this is something suuuuper weird that just happened to me, I tried to boot up MAGLX3, latest patch, and LUNA just crashes the game now? I'm confused as to why as just a couple nights ago it worked perfectly fine. Here's the crash report:
== Crash Summary ==
LunaLua Version: LUNALUA 3b52b30
Exception Code: 0xc000008f (VB Error)
VB6 Error Code: 62 (Input past end of file)

== Stack Trace ==
0: 64D68546 (MSVBVM60): _vbaStrI4
1: 64E1AD3B (MSVBVM60): _vbaInputFile
2: 008E4386 (smbx): unkCountPercentageOfGameSave
3: n:\smbx\lunalua\lunadll\gameconfig\gameautostart.cpp (169): GameAutostart::applyAutostart
4: n:\smbx\lunalua\lunadll\misc\runtimehookcomponents\runtimehookhooks.cpp (206): LoadIntro
5: 008C0E72 (smbx): Sub_Main
6: 64D60145 (MSVBVM60): EbLoadRunTime
7: 64D5E4C8 (MSVBVM60): EbSetContextWorkerThread
8: 64D50FA7 (MSVBVM60): EbLibraryLoad
9: 64D5ADE6 (MSVBVM60): ThunRTMain
10: 64D5ACEC (MSVBVM60): ThunRTMain
11: 0040BDE2 (smbx): start
12: 77DB7C7E (ntdll): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
13: 77DB7C4E (ntdll): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

== Reporting ==
If you like to help us finding the error then please post this log at:
* http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/ or
* http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... m.php?f=35 or
* viewforum.php?f=36
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Slimeman01 wrote: 3 years ago So this is something suuuuper weird that just happened to me, I tried to boot up MAGLX3, latest patch, and LUNA just crashes the game now? I'm confused as to why as just a couple nights ago it worked perfectly fine. Here's the crash report:
== Crash Summary ==

== Stack Trace ==
3: n:\smbx\lunalua\lunadll\gameconfig\gameautostart.cpp (169): GameAutostart::applyAutostart
4: n:\smbx\lunalua\lunadll\misc\runtimehookcomponents\runtimehookhooks.cpp (206): LoadIntro

== Reporting ==
* viewforum.php?f=36
Looks to me like a broken/corrupted/empty .sav file somewhere is breaking the ol' SMBX code for reading save process. If you could share the .sav file(s) in the episode folder that might help understand what's gone wrong.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I've been thinking that if there would be differences in the experience due to SMBX build changes (like if judges ran into an issue that's not in current Beta 4 anymore) then there could be an NPC in front of the level making a note of that.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

Rednaxela wrote: 3 years ago
Slimeman01 wrote: 3 years ago So this is something suuuuper weird that just happened to me, I tried to boot up MAGLX3, latest patch, and LUNA just crashes the game now? I'm confused as to why as just a couple nights ago it worked perfectly fine. Here's the crash report:
== Crash Summary ==

== Stack Trace ==

== Reporting ==
* viewforum.php?f=36
Looks to me like a broken/corrupted/empty .sav file somewhere is breaking the ol' SMBX code for reading save process. If you could share the .sav file(s) in the episode folder that might help understand what's gone wrong.
Alrighty, here is the main save:
And the -ext part of it:
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Slimeman01 wrote: 3 years ago
Rednaxela wrote: 3 years ago Looks to me like a broken/corrupted/empty .sav file somewhere is breaking the ol' SMBX code for reading save process. If you could share the .sav file(s) in the episode folder that might help understand what's gone wrong.
Alrighty, here is the main save:
And the -ext part of it:
Yep... 1088 bytes of nothing but null bytes. That save1.sav file got badly corrupted somehow. Not sure how that could have happened besides maybe the computer (or game) being abruptly shut down mid-save or some other disk corruption issue. There's nothing to recover there. Only thing that can be done is delete that .sav file to get SMBX running again.
Also I can't see the -ext part because you just linked the same save1.sav twice, but good odds the save1-ext.dat file is intact, so could keep the progress the game keeps in that part (though maybe back that file up before a new save1.sav is made)
NegaNote

Post by NegaNote »

Maybe it's just because I'm playing through Wine on Linux, though I used the install script in the files, but bug report:
When I load up the MAGLX3 episode on SMBX2 b4 patch 4, LunaLua complains immediately of functions with wrong return types and a missing "mem" function, and when I close those error messages, it sends me to a broken hub.
Edited to add:
Here's the specific error message I get:
I believe that this is not a bug with SMBX2 itself (at least as far as I can tell), but with some kind of NPC manager code in the hub level.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Looking at what files got updated with the latest patch I noticed something that doesn't seem right.
One of the folders is named "GRRROL CONTROL" (with a space), which is similar to, but separate from, a folder named "GRRROL_CONTROL" (with an underscore). I have to assume this is a mistake?

ShockenStudios

Post by ShockenStudios »

I'm playing the game on my Windows 7, but whenever i do, this happens.
I don't know how to post images here, but SMBX stops working.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

NegaNote wrote: 2 years ago Maybe it's just because I'm playing through Wine on Linux, though I used the install script in the files, but bug report:
When I load up the MAGLX3 episode on SMBX2 b4 patch 4, LunaLua complains immediately of functions with wrong return types and a missing "mem" function, and when I close those error messages, it sends me to a broken hub.
Edited to add:
I believe that this is not a bug with SMBX2 itself (at least as far as I can tell), but with some kind of NPC manager code in the hub level.
The specific error you're showing there appears to imply that the OpenGL implementation of your graphics drivers doesn't like some of the GLSL being used in the lib3d shaders.
Options are either:
A) See if you can get more modern drivers running for your graphics card
or
B) Force the engine to use software renderer mode by editing the file "data/config/luna.ini" in your SMBX2 install and changing the line "opengl = auto" to "opengl = soft"

EDIT: Ah, I got an update from Hoeloe (fellow SMBX2 dev and author of lib3d), and it's possible that if you edit the file "data/scripts/shaders/lib3d/project.vert" in your SMBX2 installation to replace the lines:

Code: Select all

float linear_depth(){ return 0; }
float normalised_linear_depth(){ return 0; }
float fresnel(float power){ return 0; }
with

float linear_depth(){ return 0.0; }
float normalised_linear_depth(){ return 0.0; }
float fresnel(float power){ return 0.0; }
then that might resolve the error for you.

This is a potential compatibility improvement pending for the upcoming SMBX2 b4 patch 4 hotfix. It might be nice to confirm if this edit works for you.
NegaNote

Post by NegaNote »

Rednaxela wrote: 2 years ago
NegaNote wrote: 2 years ago Maybe it's just because I'm playing through Wine on Linux, though I used the install script in the files, but bug report:
Edited to add:
The specific error you're showing there appears to imply that the OpenGL implementation of your graphics drivers doesn't like some of the GLSL being used in the lib3d shaders.
Options are either:
A) See if you can get more modern drivers running for your graphics card
or
B) Force the engine to use software renderer mode by editing the file "data/config/luna.ini" in your SMBX2 install and changing the line "opengl = auto" to "opengl = soft"
So (1) I do have the latest graphics drivers, that's weird

(2) I seem to get... exactly the same error when I use the software renderer.

Maybe linux drivers are just less fault-tolerant to bad GLSL and there's a bug in the shader code? I dunno what's going on here but changing to software renderer did NOT fix the issue -- in fact, it gives me exactly the same error. :ehh:

Ninjaposted -- trying the fix above now.
NegaNote

Post by NegaNote »

Rednaxela wrote: 2 years ago EDIT: Ah, I got an update from Hoeloe (fellow SMBX2 dev and author of lib3d), and it's possible that if you edit the file "data/scripts/shaders/lib3d/project.vert" in your SMBX2 installation to replace the lines:

float linear_depth(){ return 0; }
float normalised_linear_depth(){ return 0; }
float fresnel(float power){ return 0; }
with

float linear_depth(){ return 0.0; }
float normalised_linear_depth(){ return 0.0; }
float fresnel(float power){ return 0.0; }
then that might resolve the error for you.

This is a potential compatibility improvement pending for the upcoming SMBX2 b4 patch 4 hotfix. It might be nice to confirm if this edit works for you.
Works PERFECTLY! Thanks for the help!
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

NegaNote wrote: 2 years ago Works PERFECTLY! Thanks for the help!
Nice, glad to hear it worked! I'm a little surprised that software renderer mode didn't run for you, because that shader is known to work just fine with the software renderer, so this leads me to believe that Wine doesn't properly handle the mechanism SMBX2 is using to trigger loading data/softgl/opengl32.dll as the OpenGL implementation.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

I ran into a similar issue with a completely different script a while back; evidently there's an issue with declaring a float and then providing a float without point (i.e. an int)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

raekuul wrote: 2 years ago I ran into a similar issue with a completely different script a while back; evidently there's an issue with declaring a float and then providing a float without point (i.e. an int)
On some graphics cards that don't properly implement the OpenGL standard, but not the majority.
ShockenStudios

Post by ShockenStudios »

ShockenStudios wrote: 2 years ago I'm playing the game on my Windows 7, but whenever i do, this happens.
Hello?
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

ShockenStudios wrote: 2 years ago
ShockenStudios wrote: 2 years ago I'm playing the game on my Windows 7, but whenever i do, this happens.
Hello?
Unfortunately I don't know enough about what might be happening on your system to have much of any idea of what is going wrong. The only things that come to mind to suggest are: 1) Be patient for a potentially slow load time (and yes Windows may say the window isn't responding for a certain portion of that time), 2) Perhaps try a fresh install, 3) Make sure AV software isn't interfering in some strange way
LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 2 years ago Looking at what files got updated with the latest patch I noticed something that doesn't seem right.
One of the folders is named "GRRROL CONTROL" (with a space), which is similar to, but separate from, a folder named "GRRROL_CONTROL" (with an underscore). I have to assume this is a mistake?
That's for bringing this to attention, I've made sure this is sorted out for the next MX3 patch.
ShockenStudios

Post by ShockenStudios »

Rednaxela wrote: 2 years ago
Hello?
Unfortunately I don't know enough about what might be happening on your system to have much of any idea of what is going wrong. The only things that come to mind to suggest are: 1) Be patient for a potentially slow load time (and yes Windows may say the window isn't responding for a certain portion of that time), 2) Perhaps try a fresh install, 3) Make sure AV software isn't interfering in some strange way
Thanks. none of those seem to be working, maybe it's something with the hub.
Emral

Post by Emral »

It would help if you could share the error. You can upload images to imgur or another hosting service and link them here.
Temmie45
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Temmie45 »

I've got a possible bug or maybe I'm just missing something.
I'm trying to complete Bring in the Bullets (Sturg's puzzle level). But when I get to where the secondary star is supposed to be it's not there. I will admit after looking around for about an hour I opened the level in the editor to see if I was just being dumb, but I don't see anything I could be missing.
Picture:
ShockenStudios

Post by ShockenStudios »

Enjl wrote: 2 years ago
It would help if you could share the error. You can upload images to imgur or another hosting service and link them here.
Alrighty then.
Emral

Post by Emral »

Ah. Yikes. Was hoping for one of the big error message windows I'll admit.