(shouting)

Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Rejnka

Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Post by Rejnka »

First off, what's the justification for all the Rinkas going after their princess? Is there some sort of grand Rinka rebellion taking place, and the Rinka Princess is a dark symbol of their oppression under Mother Brain? Are the Rinkas misguided and just trying to "rescue" her?

Second off, why doesn't the Ultimate Rinka have a demo level? I'm not judging, just wondering.

On that same line of thought, why can't you play as the Rinkas in the Mario Challenge? Without cheats, that is - I'm messing around with Ultimate Rinka there right now.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Post by Willhart »

I'll post a video of the UR example level soon. It's hidden somewhere in the files.

They are meant as secret characters, since they are too meme to be official. If someone was to re-sprite them as a proper character they can be included to the game. We don't want to be too in-jokey if we can help it. This is why the latest part of the hypnosis series is not in the base game either.

Also no-one knows what Rinka are thinking. They are very mysterious creatures with a long history of space travel.
Rejnka

Post by Rejnka »

Willhart wrote:I'll post a video of the UR example level soon. It's hidden somewhere in the files.

They are meant as secret characters, since they are too meme to be official. If someone was to re-sprite them as a proper character they can be included to the game. We don't want to be too in-jokey if we can help it. This is why the latest part of the hypnosis series is not in the base game either.

Also no-one knows what Rinka are thinking. They are very mysterious creatures with a long history of space travel.
I don't particularly understand how a playable Rinka is too meme. Without knowing the joke, it's in the same caliber of oddness as Snake or Ninja Bomberman (Seriously, who IS he?) - potentially less, given that Rinkas are from a sidescroller. Hell, if you don't know of the Talkhaus, it's less strange than Uncle Broadsword. I'm not really sure how the Ultimate Rinka would turn people off from SMBX 2.0 either, given that Rinkas are only really meme-y to people in the SMBX community.

Also, where is the Ultimate Rinka level? I'd like to play it myself.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

It's hidden somewhere in the same episode with the other example levels.
Rejnka

Post by Rejnka »

It seems that the demonstration level is a little bit memey, yeah. That's not really a problem with the Ultimate Rinka itself, though. I think.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Rejnka wrote:It seems that the demonstration level is a little bit memey, yeah. That's not really a problem with the Ultimate Rinka itself, though. I think.
We did talk about this over on the discord and so on, and I don't see it changing without graphical changes. UB got a pass for not being as on the nose, and being really well coded too.

Also here is the video I made earlier. Just happened to be near the same time with the question.

Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

let's be honest, ultimate rinka is more popular than ninja bomberman at this point
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Rejnka

Post by Rejnka »

Enjl wrote:let's be honest, ultimate rinka is more popular than ninja bomberman at this point
someone gets it