pge projectsmbx communitysmw central

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Rejnka
Posts: 22
Joined: 1 year ago

Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Rejnka » 5 months ago

First off, what's the justification for all the Rinkas going after their princess? Is there some sort of grand Rinka rebellion taking place, and the Rinka Princess is a dark symbol of their oppression under Mother Brain? Are the Rinkas misguided and just trying to "rescue" her?

Second off, why doesn't the Ultimate Rinka have a demo level? I'm not judging, just wondering.

On that same line of thought, why can't you play as the Rinkas in the Mario Challenge? Without cheats, that is - I'm messing around with Ultimate Rinka there right now.

User avatar
Willhart
Reader on the forums
Posts: 2463
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Willhart » 5 months ago

I'll post a video of the UR example level soon. It's hidden somewhere in the files.

They are meant as secret characters, since they are too meme to be official. If someone was to re-sprite them as a proper character they can be included to the game. We don't want to be too in-jokey if we can help it. This is why the latest part of the hypnosis series is not in the base game either.

Also no-one knows what Rinka are thinking. They are very mysterious creatures with a long history of space travel.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

Rejnka
Posts: 22
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Rejnka » 5 months ago

Willhart wrote:I'll post a video of the UR example level soon. It's hidden somewhere in the files.

They are meant as secret characters, since they are too meme to be official. If someone was to re-sprite them as a proper character they can be included to the game. We don't want to be too in-jokey if we can help it. This is why the latest part of the hypnosis series is not in the base game either.

Also no-one knows what Rinka are thinking. They are very mysterious creatures with a long history of space travel.
I don't particularly understand how a playable Rinka is too meme. Without knowing the joke, it's in the same caliber of oddness as Snake or Ninja Bomberman (Seriously, who IS he?) - potentially less, given that Rinkas are from a sidescroller. Hell, if you don't know of the Talkhaus, it's less strange than Uncle Broadsword. I'm not really sure how the Ultimate Rinka would turn people off from SMBX 2.0 either, given that Rinkas are only really meme-y to people in the SMBX community.

Also, where is the Ultimate Rinka level? I'd like to play it myself.

User avatar
Willhart
Reader on the forums
Posts: 2463
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Willhart » 5 months ago

It's hidden somewhere in the same episode with the other example levels.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

Rejnka
Posts: 22
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Rejnka » 5 months ago

It seems that the demonstration level is a little bit memey, yeah. That's not really a problem with the Ultimate Rinka itself, though. I think.

User avatar
Willhart
Reader on the forums
Posts: 2463
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Willhart » 5 months ago

Rejnka wrote:It seems that the demonstration level is a little bit memey, yeah. That's not really a problem with the Ultimate Rinka itself, though. I think.
We did talk about this over on the discord and so on, and I don't see it changing without graphical changes. UB got a pass for not being as on the nose, and being really well coded too.

Also here is the video I made earlier. Just happened to be near the same time with the question.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

User avatar
Enjl
not actually the savior
Posts: 139
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Enjl » 5 months ago

let's be honest, ultimate rinka is more popular than ninja bomberman at this point
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rejnka
Posts: 22
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Oddities with the Rinka Duo

Postby Rejnka » 5 months ago

Enjl wrote:let's be honest, ultimate rinka is more popular than ninja bomberman at this point
someone gets it


Return to “SMBX 2.0”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron