(shouting)

BUG REPORTING

Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: BUG REPORTING

Post by Sugar »

Big Mario graphics are somewhat broken, the screenshot was done with ducking to the right. Affects all levels, but that one is first level of The Princess Cliche.

Using "Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile" on Linux.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

era64 wrote: Using "Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile" on Linux.
It's very possible things will not work quite as expected running under Linux. This looks like your graphics is not properly interpreting the OpenGL calls.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
era64 wrote: Using "Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile" on Linux.
It's very possible things will not work quite as expected running under Linux. This looks like your graphics is not properly interpreting the OpenGL calls.
Hmm... Still, something like this might be something that we can fix. I may have to get a wine setup for SMBX 2.0 testing.
Oh yeah. It's good we know about it, and if we can fix it, that would be awesome. We can't make any guarantees on this front though.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Got a couple bugs to report (at least the ones I felt I needed to get a screen shot for). All cases have been reached via Mario Challenge

with the cheats "donthurtme" and "sonicstooslow" active

:

Waaah, too many NPCs!
When I played as Wario during one of The Invasion 2's airship levels, I fell to my doom and the game slowed to a crawl. Then this message showed up. Must've gotten too many Rinkas to spawn.

Grinding Forever
If you play as Tanooki Bowser and ground pound a sawblade, you'll be stuck there forever. You won't even be able to re-roll in the Mario Challenge! I first encountered this bug when I got to the end of the Talking Time Bros. level "The Castle at the End of the Game" (that's what it said on the filename, at any rate).

One Way to Break the Mario Challenge
Also, sometimes I get to one of the new character demo levels, but when it loads I have a different character via Shuffle Mode. In that case I get a debug error and then the HUD crashes, forcing me to re-roll so that I don't get stuck on the empty world map after beating it. (e.g. This lovely picture when I brink Link to Rosalina's debut level:

For some reason it only happens when I have Shuffle Mode on--otherwise, it changes my current character to the necessary one as normal.

More bug reports as I come across them!

EDIT: Also, I don't think this is relevant to the errors but I'm running Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 on Windows 10.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Thanks. The ones so far should be now on the list of stuff to fix.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

So I got a new computer, and the same problem happens with NVIDIA graphics card (Geforce GTX 750 TI) on Linux. If that helps the issue only affects player character (nothing else).
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

GlitchMr wrote:So I got a new computer, and the same problem happens with NVIDIA graphics card (Geforce GTX 750 TI) on Linux. If that helps the issue only affects player character (nothing else).
This program was never designed to run on Linux. I'm not entirely surprised things don't work properly. Of course, it would be great if they did, but making sure everything works on Linux is not a priority.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Hoeloe wrote:
GlitchMr wrote:So I got a new computer, and the same problem happens with NVIDIA graphics card (Geforce GTX 750 TI) on Linux. If that helps the issue only affects player character (nothing else).
This program was never designed to run on Linux. I'm not entirely surprised things don't work properly. Of course, it would be great if they did, but making sure everything works on Linux is not a priority.
Well, I'm sure it's still possible to make SMBX 2.0 work on Linux, it'll just require some slight modifications on either the user's or developer's side of things.

I'm going to try creating a repository for Linux (specifically Ubuntu), so once that's up and running we can see if the issues still exist. However, for the time being, any attempt at debugging would be helpful (like running the program in terminal, at the very least) to see if we can get some useful output.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Jayoshi wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
Well, I'm sure it's still possible to make SMBX 2.0 work on Linux, it'll just require some slight modifications on either the user's or developer's side of things.

I'm going to try creating a repository for Linux (specifically Ubuntu), so once that's up and running we can see if the issues still exist. However, for the time being, any attempt at debugging would be helpful (like running the program in terminal, at the very least) to see if we can get some useful output.
wine output is huge, so I'm posting it at https://gist.github.com/xfix/d330948557 ... a72dbeda86

By the way, if you want to test this under Wine, install winetricks, and use "winetricks vb6run", so that SMBX will work (SMBX requires Visual Basic 6 runtime).
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

GlitchMr wrote:wine output is huge, so I'm posting it at https://gist.github.com/xfix/d330948557 ... a72dbeda86

By the way, if you want to test this under Wine, install winetricks, and use "winetricks vb6run", so that SMBX will work (SMBX requires Visual Basic 6 runtime).
Oh... well, that's definitely something.

I'm aware of the Visual Basic 6 runtime requirement. I've also heard that apparently, using LunaLoader (or its equivalent for SMBX 2.0, forgot what it's called) doesn't work under Linux so well, and that the hexed EXE should be used instead. Both of these things will be considered once the Ubuntu repository goes up.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I'm not sure if this is a bug per se, but every time I place a boo snake in my level, it always starts off going to the left, even if I set it to face right or a random direction in the editor.
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

I've noticed that NPCs will walk on top of other NPCs with the playerblocktop=true flag set even if the npcblocktop is false
:pal: Image :pal:

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

IMO this should be in the MAGLX3 bug thread since it's a build for that event.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

Dog In Da Grass wrote: 5 years ago I've noticed that NPCs will walk on top of other NPCs with the playerblocktop=true flag set even if the npcblocktop is false
Not a bug, that's how those flags always worked. They're just misnomers. npcblocktop determines whether thrown npcs bounce off the npc on top.

Also yeah what anomaly said.
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
perhaps

Post by perhaps »

uncle broadsword doesnt die in 1 hit if you have a mushroom in one-hit mode in the mario challenge. unless this isnt a bug idk
sweetd

Post by sweetd »

I was replaying the yacht of opinions (MAGLX1) and I was entering the ocean level, the one with the unusual and really annoying music, which I remember working in a previous smbx2 build, when I got an error message. I have attached a jpeg showing the message here.
New Bitmap Image.jpg
New Bitmap Image.jpg (36.25 KiB) Viewed 8553 times
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt

Post by Isrieri »

The reserve mystery box (both ids 737 & 739), throws an error if you try to hit it when a p switch effect is on.
reservepowerblock.lua13: attempt to compare nil with number
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Isrieri wrote: 4 years ago The reserve mystery box (both ids 737 & 739), throws an error if you try to hit it when a p switch effect is on.
reservepowerblock.lua13: attempt to compare nil with number
I can't reproduce this on the most recent build, and that error doesn't make sense, since line 13 of that file is just a blank line.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt

Post by Isrieri »

Hoeloe wrote: 4 years agoI can't reproduce this on the most recent build, and that error doesn't make sense, since line 13 of that file is just a blank line.
Huh. I haven't touched any of the base game scripts or folders but it does appear to be different in my build? I took a look at the script and found this:

Code: Select all

local function setReservePowerup(item, p)
	if item < 1000 and item > 0 then return end    --This is Line 13
	item = math.max(0, item - 1000)
	p.reservePowerup = item
	SFX.play(12)
end
I'm guessing there was an update to 4.0 I didn't notice? I'll get a fresh install and that will fix it probably.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Ah looks like I was looking at the wrong file. I'll take a look now.

EDIT: Looks like the p-switch had nothing to do with it. This error would occur if you didn't put an item inside the block.