mario fan games galaxysmbx communitysmw central

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

So You Want to Run MaGL X3? - Stay Tuned for Voting

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Re: So You Want to Run MaGL X3? - Stay Tuned for Voting

Postby Horikawa Otane » 4 days ago

We have entries from the following people (mostly, anyway :P):

In alphabetical order...
  • DragonFogel
  • MECHDRAGON777
  • PixelPest
  • rpgfan4
  • sebby19
  • Sturg
  • Supershroom
  • Willhart
I'll be making sure submissions follow the posted formatting rules (and editing as necessary to ensure they do, just like last year), passing the proposals onto the former judges, give a week for endorsements, and then open the website live for voting!
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Jayoshi
I hate this avatar
First name: Jay
Pronouns: Male

Postby Jayoshi » 4 days ago

Cool! Let's hope for the best ;)
The visions dancing in my mind
The early dawn, the shades of time
Twilight crawling through my windowpane
Am I awake or do I dream?

Sebby19

Re: So You Want to Run MaGL X3? 3/19/2017 11:59pm EST - ☆彡ENDING SOON!☆彡

Postby Sebby19 » 4 days ago

Mabel wrote: I remember way back i though up an idea for a contest similar to Magl x that was with random music instead of random level names.
I still think it would make for a pretty cool level design contest to give people music and have them make a stage based on it.
;)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard

Willhart
Reader on the forums

Postby Willhart » 4 days ago

Good luck everyone!
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

MECHDRAGON777
Where radioactivity blossoms, so do I!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » 3 days ago

I just noticed Stuff is running for host, yet he was a judge of MaGLXII,. Does that mean only four people for endorsement? Also, how many of them have given the endorsement already?

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

MECHDRAGON777

I just noticed Stuff is running for host, yet he was a judge of MaGLXII,. Does that mean only four people for endorsement? Also, how many of them have given the endorsement already?

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

YelseyKing
Meow what are you looking at?
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 3 days ago

Decisions, decisions. Should I endorse Fogel, Sturg, or Willhart? Hrm... Decisions, decisions...
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
Episode 6 is on!

MECHDRAGON777

YelseyKing wrote: Decisions, decisions. Should I endorse Fogel, Sturg, or Willhart? Hrm... Decisions, decisions...
I thought only Horikawa, 8flight, NameUser, and Quill could do that..

My avartar

YelseyKing

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
YelseyKing wrote: Decisions, decisions. Should I endorse Fogel, Sturg, or Willhart? Hrm... Decisions, decisions...
I can *endorse* anyone I want. Whether or not it'll make any great *difference*, I don't know. :P

More accurately, I'm debating who to vote for. I'm friends with Fogel, and on good terms with/have a lot of respect for Sturg and Willhart. But we'll see what happens.

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

MECHDRAGON777

YelseyKing wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
I can *endorse* anyone I want. Whether or not it'll make any great *difference*, I don't know. :P

More accurately, I'm debating who to vote for. I'm friends with Fogel, and on good terms with/have a lot of respect for Sturg and Willhart. But we'll see what happens.
Then I hope my propersition is good enough for you to vote over your friend's. I want you to not pick for the person, but for the theme you like most.

My avartar

Supershroom
Brigande

Postby Supershroom » 3 days ago

Mechdragon777 wrote:I want you to not pick for the person, but for the theme you like most.

^^^^^^
Winners don't doubt, doubters don't win.

MECHDRAGON777

Supershroom wrote:
Mechdragon777 wrote:I want you to not pick for the person, but for the theme you like most.

^^^^^^
Thanks for agreeing, but how bad did you break the quote? Good luck and may the best person win. I will be helping either was a judge or as a contestant regardless of who wins though. I hope us the best if luck.

My avartar

Supershroom
Brigande

Postby Supershroom » 3 days ago

I just used "quote" normally and left two empty lines to get one displayed (normally it's vice versa, leave none after the quote to get a line displayed). Maybe Rena changed something again?

MECHDRAGON777

Supershroom wrote: I just used "quote" normally and left two empty lines to get one displayed (normally it's vice versa, leave none after the quote to get a line displayed). Maybe Rena changed something again?
I could tell because all of my messages on Talkhaus are in a different color. ...You also misspelled my username... There was also no link up to the post. There is a post I'd and a user id part of quotes you know.

My avartar

sedron
im proud of you kid

Postby sedron » 3 days ago

Real talk, it'd be kind of absurd not to take the person into account when voting. Some people just have more experience than others. Willhart, just as an example, has done a huge amount of work in nearly every (if not every) major SMBX project to come out of the Talkhaus. He's a proven good level designer that can clearly take on a large work load like MaglX3. Why wouldn't someone take that into consideration when voting?

That's not necessarily me saying "Willhart is the clear best choice," or anything like that, btw. Again, that's just an example. The ideas everyone presents will obviously be important in voting for many of us, but it's going to be in combination with how qualified they are to run the event in the first place.

Also, just being realistic, you should absolutely expect a nonzero amount of voters to essentially treat this as a popularity contest. It's not optimal but not everyone is going to give every possible showrunner that much thought, unfortunately.

YelseyKing

MECHDRAGON777 wrote: Then I hope my propersition is good enough for you to vote over your friend's. I want you to not pick for the person, but for the theme you like most.
Fair point. The only reason those three are higher on my list is because I'm more familiar with them over anyone else on the list. We shall see, once voting starts, whose ideas I like best.

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Postby Horikawa Otane » 3 days ago

MECHDRAGON777 wrote: I just noticed Stuff is running for host, yet he was a judge of MaGLXII,. Does that mean only four people for endorsement? Also, how many of them have given the endorsement already?
Sturg cannot endorse as he is running this year.

All endorsements are now in. I plan to get the site finished on Thursday.

I think some of the endorsements may surprise you.
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Pyro
cutie
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Pyro » 3 days ago

top 10 maglx3 endorsements #5 will shock you
professional meme

MECHDRAGON777

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » 2 days ago

Pyro wrote: top 10 maglx3 endorsements #5 will shock you
I do not get the joke.

My avartar

YelseyKing

Postby YelseyKing » 2 days ago

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
I do not get the joke.
She's just parodying those sensationalist "clickbait" headlines.

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

Jayoshi
I hate this avatar

Postby Jayoshi » 2 days ago

top 10 things you won't believe about showrunners applying for maglx3

#1 Sturg believes in <insert radical ideology here>

Willhart
Reader on the forums

Postby Willhart » 2 days ago

Sorry. I cannot run after all due to rl events. Good luck to others though.
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

MECHDRAGON777

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » 2 days ago

Willhart wrote: Sorry. I cannot run after all due to rl events. Good luck to others though.
I am sorry to hear that. I do hope that the real life events are not a serious issue and is something minor that can not harm your or your family. Just out of curiosity, even with the events going on, would you still be able to help whoever show-runs, co-showrun, ectera if someone does ask?

Also, I do not think level design inharently is connected to ability to host or judge a contest. If they even make a level, it would be in the post game. Also, if someone is bad at normal level design does not mean they are bad at hub design. Also, the showrunner does not necessarily have to help with the hub as again with MaGLXII. People's experience does matter, but it is not the most important thing. If a person has the qualifications, but a terrible or uncreative gimmick that you just do not want to try to make a level for, even if you like the person or are most qualified, why would you vote for them? Also, the best gimmick is not nessicaraly the one you want to vote for as well since you want a person with a good history, or at least a fair history. So yeah, good luck to everyone in this application process who does not drop out

My avartar

Supershroom
Brigande

Postby Supershroom » 2 days ago

I would assume that all of us remaining applicants genuinely trust themselves being able to handle the work and responsibility, no matter of how much they were involved into previous events or the community(ies) in general. And whenever there should be open questions and concerns, Horikawa and others are still around to lend a helping hand.

Quite a pity to hear this from you Willhart, I hope you can still be around to help on hub designing and stuff.

Jayoshi
I hate this avatar

Postby Jayoshi » 2 days ago

MECHDRAGON777 wrote: Also, I do not think level design inharently is connected to ability to host or judge a contest. If they even make a level, it would be in the post game. Also, if someone is bad at normal level design does not mean they are bad at hub design. Also, the showrunner does not necessarily have to help with the hub as again with MaGLXII. People's experience does matter, but it is not the most important thing. If a person has the qualifications, but a terrible or uncreative gimmick that you just do not want to try to make a level for, even if you like the person or are most qualified, why would you vote for them? Also, the best gimmick is not nessicaraly the one you want to vote for as well since you want a person with a good history, or at least a fair history.
I think you missed sedron's entire point. His point is not that being a good level designer makes Willhart a good host, sedron's point was that his ability to handle large amounts of work is what makes him a good option.

Sedron also didn't say that experience, level design skill or whatever is the absolute most important thing to vote for. He just said it's silly to not take the WHOLE person into account when voting. Experience is part of that, but their ability to handle workloads, their relationships with others in the talkhaus, their ability to communicate and coordinate, and many more factors make up a person as well.

Say what you will about a Really Good Person potentially having a poor gimmick, although odds are that the more qualified someone is to run MaGL X, the more they'd be able to determine if their gimmick would absolutely suck.

Return to “SMBX 2.0”