(shouting)

Oh FAQ off already!(Read this before posting a suggestion)

TLs4

Oh FAQ off already!(Read this before posting a suggestion)

Post by TLs4 »

Since we've been getting some very similar questions over the past few weeks, its FAQ time boys and girls! I'll update this as need be...

Q1: SPOILER TAGS PL0X!
A1: Yes - I agree. We're waiting for some other features of the site so that they can all be grouped together into one massive upgrade, rather than bringing the site down multiple times over the coming weeks.

Q2: Why does the website only show 3 days of videos... I (insert reason why 3 days is too little here)
A2: This was simply a decision for the sake of site presentation, and administration. I would argue that most raocow viewers end up watching his video's daily, it's tough to tailor to the minority in this sense - but we'll be addressing this issue in raocow.com v2.0!

Q3: Your last answer wasn't clear enough... EXPLAIN!
A3: We're finishing up the development of the raocow.com archive. When it's ready to be posted you'll be able to search raocow's videos by project, date posted, keywords etc etc etc... it's really something great and I can't thank Thissa enough for all of his hard work!

Q4: Talkhaus Favicon?
A4: Yes - raocow v2.0

Q5: We should create a forum/board/sub-board for x
A5: We're trying our best to keep things simple here... too many boards just complicates things. If you REALLY think something merits a board, I invite you to send me a PM or email the request to suggestions@raocow.com

Q6: raocow you should LP x next!
A6: Basically raocow doesn't take requests... so, yeah.

Q7: RSS Feeds?
A7: I'm still thinking about this one... while it's a great idea in principle, I think with the functionality of the archive... this one won't be necessary. More to come!

Q8: raocow - commit yourself to forced labour and design more shirts!
A8: cafepress is still up with the original designs for now - we're looking at other alternatives, and until we figure out exactly what our plan is for merchandise... you're stuck with what's already in CP... sorry!

Q9: I can haz cheezeburger?
A9: No.
Thissa

Re: Oh FAQ off already!(Read this before posting a suggestio

Post by Thissa »

TLs4 wrote:Q7: RSS Feeds?
A7: I'm still thinking about this one... while it's a great idea in principle, I think with the functionality of the archive... this one won't be necessary. More to come!
Or we just make RSS part of the functionality of the archive...it's merely another view into the database and will only take like 5 minutes to code :P
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

TLs4 wrote:Q9: I can haz cheezeburger?
alternate answer: buy one yourself.
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

Thissa wrote:
Or we just make RSS part of the functionality of the archive...it's merely another view into the database and will only take like 5 minutes to code :P
I love you. <3
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

TLs4 wrote:Q9: I can haz cheezeburger?
BUT I WANTZ CHEEZEBURGER! [/randomness]

I hate you all.
Dealth0072

Post by Dealth0072 »

Id just like to add something here.
If a thread has no value of discussion and is spam or pointless it will be deleted.
Also, I have noticed that bumping of old threads and double posting are happening more often.
They are not against the rules, but if a thread falls behind the front page or is at least one month old, then it died for a reason. And please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Thank You.
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

Dealth0072 wrote:Id just like to add something here.
If a thread has no value of discussion and is spam or pointless it will be deleted.
Also, I have noticed that bumping of old threads and double posting are happening more often.
They are not against the rules, but if a thread falls behind the front page or is at least one month old, then it died for a reason. And please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Thank You.
Thanks for this Dealth!
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

Dealth0072 wrote: Also, I have noticed that bumping of old threads and double posting are happening more often.
They are not against the rules, but if a thread falls behind the front page or is at least one month old, then it died for a reason.
Why do you even care?
If people feel like posting in an old thread, then let them. Some of those threads have been pretty much brought back to life. More than just one person is posting in them. I don't see a problem with that.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

Chrnobog64 wrote: Why do you even care?
If people feel like posting in an old thread, then let them. Some of those threads have been pretty much brought back to life. More than just one person is posting in them. I don't see a problem with that.
it depends on the content.
if a thread that was not popular in the first place (like 10 posts) which is about a random funny video that isnt funny at all, then it died for a reason. why bring it back for it to suffer the same fate again? the dead should not be revived.

however, if its a popular thread and can be continued on with a purpose, then bumping it should be fine.

however, just random bumping as stated prior can be annoying, because we will get all these old meaningless threads again. just voicing out my own opinions. i have more, but it doesnt apply for this type of forum
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

atruong18 wrote:
Chrnobog64 wrote: Why do you even care?
it depends on the content.
if a thread that was not popular in the first place (like 10 posts) which is about a random funny video that isnt funny at all, then it died for a reason. why bring it back for it to suffer the same fate again? the dead should not be revived.

however, if its a popular thread and can be continued on with a purpose, then bumping it should be fine.

however, just random bumping as stated prior can be annoying, because we will get all these old meaningless threads again. just voicing out my own opinions. i have more, but it doesnt apply for this type of forum
This most certainly is what I assume Dealth implied... let's not just re-hash for the sake of re-hashing..!
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

TLs4 wrote:
Thissa wrote:
I love you. <3
psst, try going to "recent-rss.php" from the archives dev place :)