(shouting)

BEHOLD! The Secret St. Nik Gift Exchange (proposal)

Old Saint Nik

BEHOLD! The Secret St. Nik Gift Exchange (proposal)

Post by Old Saint Nik »

EDIT: If you wish to sign up, post your intersts in the signup thread!

Hello there kids and kiddies! Do you know what season it is?

Why, YES! it's about a month away from Nikmas!

No, Not Christmas. It's based on me! St. Nik!

What do people do on Nikmas? Why, they give each other gifts in honor of my fantastic existence! This is called a "Secret St. Nik Gift Exchange". Obviously since nobody can match my genius, it looks like I'm the only one qualified to organize it. Of course, due to holiday law, I'm required to ask if anyone is interested first. This is a stupid law. Everyone loves Nikmas!

Should you listen to reason, here's how it'll work:
  • Members post in a thread asking to be signed up.
  • As part of the signup, members list at least 3 of their interests/hobbies/things they like (Besides me, who is universally loved by all for obvious reasons). This can be anything from a hobby, to a particular kind of media, to a genre of music, a specific game or show, or the like. That way their gift giver has some inspiration for their gift.
  • After the signup period is over, all entrants are randomly assigned another entrant who they must give a gift. Obviously, since this is a "Secret St. Nik gift exchange", they should not tell anyone who they're giving their gift to (especially the one they're gifting to). Don't post it publicly and if you do share it with someone, do so privately with someone who won't go snooping around spilling the beans, and only if you need help thinking of a gift. It's a surprise! Don't spoil someone's Nikmas!
  • Gifts aren't going to be physical (unless the member can somehow manage it). They are typically going to be made gifts (drawings, fangames, custom levels, animations, stories, etc.) or digitally bought items (downloadable games, gift card codes, etc.). Don't feel obligated to spend money (because you still have to buy ME gifts). The idea is just to give something the receiver will like and there isn't any real quality control, just use your best judgement given your time constraints and skillset. Incomplete gifts, though not in the spirit of Nikmas, may be accepted, but please try to complete them on time.
  • All gifts must be PMed to me before a set date.
  • Usually members who singed up but don't give a gift are banned from entering the Secret Santa next year. After all, there has to be SOME kind of punishment for ruining Nikmas! But I am graceful, perhaps I will show you mercy if you aren't too late. But not much!
  • I will use my patented Secret Letter Exchanging Infared Gift Handout System™ to organize all the entries and post them for the receiver (and bystanders) to enjoy (probably in a separate thread, if there's a large turnout).
  • Inevitably some people won't finish their gift, thus ruining Nikmas for their gift-recievers. For these cases, members who wish to volunteer to fill the Nikmas-shaped hole in their Nikmas-shaped heart may do so as Nik's Little Helpers. But please don't rely on my slaves to do your work for you, and even if your gift is late, still finish it and send it to me anyway. As I said, I can be benevolent.
So that's how it'll go, if you feel worthy enough to be graced by my presence and accept the greatness of Nikmas.

The choice is yours.
Last edited by Old Saint Nik 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: BEHOLD! The Secret St. Nik Gift Exchange (proposal)

Post by Leet »

Old Saint Nik wrote:snooping
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I would be down for this I suppose.

Nobody else seems to want to organize a Secret Santa so
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Beck yeah why not

interests
pokemon
Most styles of art: pixel, paint, pencil etc.
Electronic/folk/synthpop/chiptune/classic rock/swing music
Megamans
Mother series
I'm also open to playing Mario levels or suttin like that
Last edited by Pikabread 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Whoever I get is probably getting a Steam game. I'm rich bitch.

nothing >£10 though
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

'tis the season to be spending. why the heck not?
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Sure, Might as well participate in something this year.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I like this idea.

interests include heavy metal music, games similar to metroid, custom t-shirts, Atlanta sports teams, pickles, Physical gamrs since I lack interwebs

That crazy voice dude
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I can draw or buy something.

Interest.
Interests include video games (rpg/platformer/adventure), trance music, amiga era music, anything with good melody, animation, and pixel art. I also used to read quite a lot, and I prefer my video games to be on the easier side.