(shouting)

The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Currently working out the Final Round

zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Over But Not Really

Post by zmonbobbo »

Don't have AoD's battletag yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
I'm probably driving right now.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Signups Over But Not Really

Post by Bwarch »

Mine and Animita's matches:
http://youtu.be/38xw2E8NSNQ

Thoughtsteal OP plz nerf Blizzard.
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Well played set!

I beat AOD earlier today. Good game, man!
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

He sure did, good game, man! Also I think we did things "wrong", we had best 2 out of 3, using the same decks both times. Haha!
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Holy wrote:Well my recording got janked all to hell but arabsalmon and I played and I won 3-2. I think he's got footage he's gonna try and put up.
WOOOOOOOOO
I done put it up, now I can show everyone how awesome I am at those video game things
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

[AOD] wrote:He sure did, good game, man! Also I think we did things "wrong", we had best 2 out of 3, using the same decks both times. Haha!
Theres no "wrong" way to play. If thats what you wanted to do then you did it right!

Also I have a couple matches that I need to download. Will all have to wait til after work and I may have a co-commentator (feel free to tell me if you want in on that, makes it more fun)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

It looks like CastlePokeMetroid and I will be playing our rounds tonight around 7:30pm Hawaii time / 9:30 Pacific time. If you wanna spectate and record, Argumentable, that'd be cool! If you're even free/awake at that time, I mean. I keep forgetting what time zone you're in.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Argumentable wrote: Also I have a couple matches that I need to download. Will all have to wait til after work and I may have a co-commentator (feel free to tell me if you want in on that, makes it more fun)
I'd be down for that but don't know if we'll be able to hook up time-wise or not haha.
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

I'd also be down to co-commentate a round or two, if the set-up isn't too difficult. I have a mic, I've just never really used it, haha.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Ditocoaf wrote:It looks like CastlePokeMetroid and I will be playing our rounds tonight around 7:30pm Hawaii time / 9:30 Pacific time. If you wanna spectate and record, Argumentable, that'd be cool! If you're even free/awake at that time, I mean. I keep forgetting what time zone you're in.
Thats after midnight for me and I'm not gonna stay up that late just to hate my job the next morning! Youre on your own, haha
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Vergalon wins 3-0 in our bracket. Total fail on my part. I'll edit with video when it's uploaded to the youtubes.

Edit: It's uploaded to the YouTubes.

Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I've noticed a pattern with the winners so far

their names come second alphabetically

so I can probably just do the results without you guys having to play
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Don't worry I'll break that pattern tonight.

EDIT: Wondering why this tournament isn't named 'HausStone' or 'HearthHaus'.
FlockOfWingedDoors
Rolling Initiative...

Post by FlockOfWingedDoors »

Ditocoaf wrote: Wondering why this tournament isn't named 'HausStone' or 'HearthHaus'.
That's...wow that would be perfect.
It's easier than 2by2 matrix multiplication.
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Argumentable wrote:I've noticed a pattern with the winners so far

Yay I win
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Still waiting to hear back from my opponent....
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Me and Ditocoaf were playing and chatting with him all day yesterday vOv

Also I downloaded all the videos people have sent me so far. Will try to work some some kind of commentary that works or even do it tomorrow evening. Thursdays are awful!

I do wonder how you guys made your video files so small though (haven't looked at 'em)
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Castlepokemetroid and I finished our games just now. I won 3-1, but the games were all really close, especially considering that he was using gimmick decks and I had a couple of tryhard decks.

zmonbobbo was spectating, and tried some recording stuff (for the first time), so we'll see if that turns out.
castlepokemetroid

Post by castlepokemetroid »

zmonbobbo wrote:
Argumentable wrote:I've noticed a pattern with the winners so far

Yay I win
Dude, what the hell, Argu is psychic lol

I played entirely with gimmick decks, all nine of my deck slots are all gimmicks.

I got such an amazing 28/28 yesera swing in, it was glorious haha
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

So I "got" the video of Ditocoaf and castlepokemetroid, and by "got", I mean the video technically exists. Thing is, I set it up to record audio, and instead of recording game audio, it recorded the audio in my room and, therefore, my loud as hell tank filter. For some reason, this program I downloaded doesn't even seem to have a mute feature, sooooo

Also it randomly crashed at one point so I missed the first couple of turns of the second game.

Also also I may have had my cursor on the screen/pulled up my desktop a couple of times. So yeah, besides that, it went super well.

I guess this would be a decent time to ask about recording setups? What do you peeps use? ezvid is a train wreck, as I just discovered, so that's out.

EDIT: So I deleted the sound file entirely, which let me mute it. Now I find out you can only upload directly to YouTube from ezvid and not save the file elsewhere. What a mess. I'll upload the muted, screwed-up video tomorrow.
Maiku Wotaharu

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Behold the comedy of errors that is my match with InsanelyExperimental.

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Why didn't you bring up Darkness' audio in post ;~;
Maiku Wotaharu

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Bwarch wrote:Why didn't you bring up Darkness' audio in post ;~;
Because it would increase the volume of my mic as well. I was in a rush to record this that I forgot to turn up the game volume on my capture software (the same device and software I used to record SA2).

Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

So the only matches I haven't heard from are raocow v jesuiscontent (I almost rerolled this as it was the first pairing that happened) and Clamestarebla v KingTwelveSixteen? I haven't forgotten about Rednaxela either as a potential replacement if any of you are IMPATIENT and haven't heard from your opponent yet, else I may try get a round with them over the weekend. Everybody else has been pretty quick so I'm for keeping things moving at a reasonable pace.

Yes, I haven't done any commentaries yet. I'm available to record these two matches LIVE though. If my co-commentator that I've spoken with previously shows up again, I'll try to get one in tonight or maybe tomorrow evening. If you want to do one of the others you'll have to actually contact me, usually I'm waiting on someone else to take the initiative!

Haven't actually watched any matches either (except for the ones I've watched live, for some reason). Remedying this tonight for sure. Pretty sure my dumb comments have shown up in those videos, though. They're nothing to match the skype commentary i was doing with... uh... whatever I changed his name to
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Jesuis hasn't set a time for me yet!! I'm as impatient as the next guy, no worries!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage