(shouting)

Smbx Community Contest 9 RESULTS (WINNER!!!!!)

S.N.N.

Re: Smbx Community Contest 9 (CC9)

Post by S.N.N. »

Man, I have no real qualms with the SMBX community or anything, but why does everybody over there have such a gigantic signature? I mean holy shit, some people literally have full sized banners and lines upon lines of text taking up so much space.

(nothing to really say about the contest itself aside from the fact that I'm surprised there's yet another one so soon, but hey, if people are actually entering it then there's no real harm.)
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

S.N.N. wrote:Man, I have no real qualms with the SMBX community or anything, but why does everybody over there have such a gigantic signature? I mean holy shit, some people literally have full sized banners and lines upon lines of text taking up so much space.
If we're on that topic, having just joined SMWCentral, I've noticed that some people have background images for their posts. Doesn't that get visually distracting for everyone? It certainly is for me.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Doctor Shemp wrote:I don't know why any of you are surprised about them deeming LunaDLL "too complicated" when they also forbid using decimal values in NPC codes since they "cause problems". Presumably the <5 minute fix for that is "too complicated" too.
Well, they wouldn't even need to fix it client side, the guy compiling everything could just go into NP++ and replace all instances of periods with commas and release a "patch" of all the "fixed" NPC files.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

To be honest, I think the avatar size of the talkhaus is a bit... small.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
S.N.N. wrote:Man, I have no real qualms with the SMBX community or anything, but why does everybody over there have such a gigantic signature? I mean holy shit, some people literally have full sized banners and lines upon lines of text taking up so much space.
If we're on that topic, having just joined SMWCentral, I've noticed that some people have background images for their posts. Doesn't that get visually distracting for everyone? It certainly is for me.
Yeah these are absurdly obnoxious but fortunately you can disable them. Also agree on the awful SMBX signatures but I'm pretty sure you can turn them off too

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Replies about designs
^this
Doctor Shemp wrote:If we're on that topic, having just joined SMWCentral, I've noticed that some people have background images for their posts. Doesn't that get visually distracting for everyone? It certainly is for me.
^this
Yeah these are absurdly obnoxious but fortunately you can disable them. Also agree on the awful SMBX signatures but I'm pretty sure you can turn them off too
^and this
I agree with all of you. Everyone has hugeass annoying signs on the SMBX forums and it's painfull to read (also the design of the forum really sucks imo). And the custom themes in smwcentral are annoying too.
But if you're a member of these forums you can disable the signs /disables custom themes in your profile.
Imo a contest every 4 months is too much, especially since the contests all have the same boring rules. They should really try to make some themed rules. And also allow lunarddl. :^)

To be honest I would like to try to participate in one of the SMBX contest but I can't motivate myself to use SMBX and I still hate the editor.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
RudeGuy

Post by RudeGuy »

yogui wrote:Imo a contest every 4 months is too much, especially since the contests all have the same boring rules. They should really try to make some themed rules. And also allow lunarddl. :^)
The community contests if the SMBX forum can't have theme rules because so the level designers are free and can design a level with the theme which is the easiest to make for they. I agree also that we should allow Luna.DLL in a contest, tough.
Who knows

I don't have many problems, tough
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i submitted my level : )
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I might get something done. It's pretty tedious to make. Prob 50% done sans testing.
ViolaCourtes

Post by ViolaCourtes »

I can't belive that both sites are still arguing about anything that happens here or there.
Yeah of course lunadll doesn't give advantage but it's funny to use and can do stuff like adding timers and so. I personally use it aswell since it has been out. And since some people can't use it the people there decided to not allow it.

the smbx forum users aren't better in any shape everyday is the same people there keep bitching about every single shit that happens.

The hating both sites have is just funny and i can't stop lmaoing about the posts i read here.

We both are affilated sites and both parts should finally stop blaming and hating eachother. Thats not the point of being affilated at all.

And no i don't like one of those places more then the other one.

Anyway i joined the contest so far and i hope i have my level done soon.
Signature
Leet

Post by Leet »

theres a difference between criticism and hate u know
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Leet wrote:theres a difference between criticism and hate u know
bu there is also a difference between "constant criticizing the same thing" and "criticism".
Leet

Post by Leet »

probably because after you criticize something it doesn't automatically get fixed and apparently requires further reminders
Kil

Post by Kil »

lunadll isn't ever going to be used by everyone. it's pretty much designed only to do exceptional things for stuff like ASMBXT productions. It's only going to be used by those who are willing to put an exceptional amount of effort into achieving a very specific vision. Also it makes not much sense to include it in such a contest. A contest is firstly about trying to win and placing high, not about creating something unique with special tools. The majority has no reason to disadvantage themselves by allowing something they won't use. Also half of the judges don't even have it installed. That's fine by me though. I don't much care what happens in the smbx world outside of raocow LPs.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Leet

Post by Leet »

In theory, creating something unique would be beneficial to winning a contest because your entry would stand out. In theory.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Kil wrote:A contest is firstly about trying to win and placing high, not about creating something unique
Well, my asthetics are to create what you desire, and not to create something in order to win.

I guess that is why I was more statisfied with my MAGL X level than with most of my Community Contest levels.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Leet wrote:In theory, creating something unique would be beneficial to winning a contest because your entry would stand out. In theory.
I feel like the way to do that is to please the judges, and the stuff you can do with lunadll is not really what they're into over there.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Leet

Post by Leet »

That's why I said in theory. That site is weird.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I'll say this for them, with the exception of the stupid restrictions like no decimal points, the rest of the rules are really loose.
RudeGuy

Post by RudeGuy »

Doctor Shemp wrote:I'll say this for them, with the exception of the stupid restrictions like no decimal points, the rest of the rules are really loose.
Some of the rules are for the tower of biased, others for prevent bias.
ViolaCourtes

Post by ViolaCourtes »

Leet wrote:That's why I said in theory. That site is weird.
Agreed
Doctor Shemp wrote:I'll say this for them, with the exception of the stupid restrictions like no decimal points, the rest of the rules are really loose.
I don't remember exactly why decimal points are restricted exactly and yeah i think people could easily fix this by themselfs but meh..
Signature
RudeGuy

Post by RudeGuy »

ViolaCourtes wrote:
I don't remember exactly why decimal points are restricted exactly and yeah i think people could easily fix this by themselfs but meh..
Decimals cause an error to someone.
TNTtimelord
Info under raps

Post by TNTtimelord »

Clamestarebla wrote:How about you come up with a good reason to forbid Luna.dll instead of just using the
"Hur-dur not everyone can use it so no one should be allowed to use it because it gives them an advantage hur-dur" argument
1) luna.dll is not that hard to learn
2) it doesn't give an advantage if you're shit at level designing anyways
The issue is that LunaDLL will pop up as a virus to all AntiVirus programs because of the way it's set up, and not many people on our forum are willing to use it. I'm not saying I hate the program. It seems pretty useful and I hope and will assume our community may start to embrace it more by next year.

I'd appreciate it if you all would stop insulting our entire damn community just because we're different than you. It's making you guys look self-centered.
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Anyone waited smbx 1.3.0.2(lunadll feature) for so long
zlakerboy357
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by zlakerboy357 »

lunadll is allowed. iirc valtteri told me as long as the level is playable without lunadll you're allowed to use it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol