What can we finish with A2MT

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: What can we finish with A2MT

Post by Leet »

So when i saw the comment telling me to learn how and do it myself what pissed me off was what he didn't say. He didn't offer any fucking advice or solve a problem. He just told me to learn it myself!
Yes, that's what "learn it yourself" means.
I just need you guys to cooperate.
Are you going to pull out a gun next or something?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

So basically you can do the things that require the least knowledge - building an overworld, inserting levels and assigning the levels to the overworld - and require help to do everything else. Do you see how that isn't really useful at all? If the talkhaus had people who could fix A2MT and had the inclination to put in all the time required to do so then it would already be fixed.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Leet wrote:
So when i saw the comment telling me to learn how and do it myself what pissed me off was what he didn't say. He didn't offer any fucking advice or solve a problem. He just told me to learn it myself!
Yes, that's what "learn it yourself" means.
I just need you guys to cooperate.
Are you going to pull out a gun next or something?
Is it really that fucking hard to help by typing something. I don't think you guys get that IM doing ALL THE WORK!

alex2 look at my previous post.
Ditto to Dr. Shemp.
Last edited by WitherSnow 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet

Post by Leet »

That's exactly the point, though.

You're doing all the work because you're the only person who cares.

So go do the work if you actually want it to get done.

When it comes to stuff like ASM, it does indeed take effort to type instructions on how to do something that you can look up for yourself. It's not like learning ASM can only be done through directions from others. There's information out there, at least I would assume.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Leet wrote:That's exactly the point, though.

You're doing all the work because you're the only person who cares.

So go do the work if you actually want it to get done.

When it comes to stuff like ASM, it does indeed take effort to type instructions on how to do something that you can look up for yourself. It's not like learning ASM can only be done through directions from others. There's information out there, at least I would assume.
Bosses are not a huge priority.
I already said that the OW graphics are fucked up. Go a few posts up and read the whole fucking thing!
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

WitherSnow wrote:Bosses are not a huge priority.
I already said that the OW graphics are fucked up. Go a few posts up and read the whole fucking thing!
If you thinking fixing the OW graphics is the thing you need to be worried about in attempting to fix A2MT you're in for a rude awakening once you get to fixing the actual levels, I hope you realize that.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

alex2 wrote:chill out with the swearing dude

if you want people to take you seriously then quit acting like a damn child
Im sorry but im not.

1. Please don't tell me not to curse when you do it in your own post.

2. Different people have different views on cursing. It's in my normal vocabulary of words. If i curse deal with it. Im sorry it offends you im angry and i curse A LOT more when im angry. So stop making me angry damnit ;) .

3. Cursing is usually associated to difficulty (Hard games.) and also miscommunication and anger.

4. I shouldn't have to tell you why im angry but here goes!

1. People spend more time making counter-arguments rather than helping me with a huge problem.

2.Just a lot of miscommunication in general. We arn't on the same page.

Doesn't help that if you were to hear my voice it would sound like im a "damn child".

Odyssy are you talking about the levels themselves or something ASM related with the levels?
Leet

Post by Leet »

1. People spend more time making counter-arguments rather than helping me with a huge problem.
because they dont want to help you

do you not realize that nobody cares about this anymore
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

What I believe Odyssey is referring to is that a lot of the levels (although not all, to forestall any accusations that I'm repeating my earlier posts in this thread) aren't fun in part or in whole, mainly due to issues with balancing the difficulty or in some cases sloppy or overly punishing design. I'd be very surprised if you could watch the LP or play the game without realising this. So, even if you fixed everything you've mentioned, you'd have a functional game, but not necessarily a good one.

Either that or he's referring to issues with insertion, which is a massive technical hassle, and also affects many levels either majorly, by making them unplayable, or less majorly but still significantly, by doing things like breaking midpoints. Good luck in tracking down what's overwriting what.

The things you're suggesting - making a good overworld, adding bosses, plot etc - are things you do when you have a completely functional set of levels in the one ROM, which A2MT doesn't.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

The are so many problems but the biggest one is the low quality of the levels. I made as many levels as anyone else did, yet I'm glad not many people are going to be troubled with playing or LPing A2MT.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

This will be my final post tonight. Im not doing anything to the levels. I just wanna add the final world.
The reason there is no proof of concept video is because the OW graphics are glitched when i load the overworld in Lunar Magic. when i play a2mt it looks fine. I need the graphics to be normal in order to make the final world. I will find out how to import the mountain map later..... I just could've used some help with the weird GFX........ oh well.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

WitherSnow wrote:This will be my final post tonight. Im not doing anything to the levels. I just wanna add the final world.
The reason there is no proof of concept video is because the OW graphics are glitched when i load the overworld in Lunar Magic. when i play a2mt it looks fine. I need the graphics to be normal in order to make the final world. I will find out how to import the mountain map later..... I just could've used some help with the weird GFX........ oh well.
What
If that's been your question this whole time then why didn't you just ask?
WitherSnow wrote:Well i don't know how to import a map and it's art so i will need a little bit of help.
I have a few people in mind.
That's the closest you've come to actually asking how to solve your problem, and it's not even a question, it doesn't even resemble a question, it just sounds like you're going to try to enlist people to do the work for you.
...Granted, I personally don't know how to solve your problem, but this entire argument could've very easily been avoided.

e: You downloaded the fixed-for-the-LP version, didn't you?
worldpeace125 wrote:I allocated ExGFX for OW in ExGFX380~ExGFX392, which was originally ExGFX80~ExGFX92. Since lunar magic only supports ExGFX80~ExGFXFF for the overworld, I coded ASM to add 300 into the slot numbers when a set of overworld GFX is loaded in actual game. So overworld and levels are now going well without conflicting. But overworld will not be rendered properly when opened in lunar magic, as LM still regards the slot number as ExGFX80~ExGFX92.
Assuming the unfixed version still exists, use that. For any further issues, check SMWC for any relevant tutorials, and if they don't help probably (CALMLY) ask how to do it on their forums, given that nobody here wanted to deal with A2MT anymore before you started angrily swearing at everybody this might not be the best place to get further instruction.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
WitherSnow wrote:This will be my final post tonight. Im not doing anything to the levels. I just wanna add the final world.
What
If that's been your question this whole time then why didn't you just ask?
WitherSnow wrote:Well i don't know how to import a map and it's art so i will need a little bit of help.
I have a few people in mind.
That's the closest you've come to actually asking how to solve your problem, and it's not even a question, it doesn't even resemble a question, it just sounds like you're going to try to enlist people to do the work for you.
...Granted, I personally don't know how to solve your problem, but this entire argument could've very easily been avoided.

e: You downloaded the fixed-for-the-LP version, didn't you?
worldpeace125 wrote:I allocated ExGFX for OW in ExGFX380~ExGFX392, which was originally ExGFX80~ExGFX92. Since lunar magic only supports ExGFX80~ExGFXFF for the overworld, I coded ASM to add 300 into the slot numbers when a set of overworld GFX is loaded in actual game. So overworld and levels are now going well without conflicting. But overworld will not be rendered properly when opened in lunar magic, as LM still regards the slot number as ExGFX80~ExGFX92.
Assuming the unfixed version still exists, use that. For any further issues, check SMWC for any relevant tutorials, and if they don't help probably (CALMLY) ask how to do it on their forums, given that nobody here wanted to deal with A2MT anymore before you started angrily swearing at everybody this might not be the best place to get further instruction.
I supposedly downloaded the version of the hack raocow is playing.

I don't know where i would find this unfixed version.

For the record im not a raging asshole all of the time. I don't get angry unless people give me a reason to. You guys certainly were giving me a reason to. I assume the world the final world would've been in is star road. It's not too glitchy and i can work on it a little. I forgot to mention that if i look in the custom sprites window there is nothing there. Thank you so much for your help. I will see what i can do.
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Getting angry just because someone doesn't agree to help you is an extremely bad habit, you should stop it, it'll get you in trouble one day otherwise.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Bryux wrote:Getting angry just because someone doesn't agree to help you is an extremely bad habit, you should stop it, it'll get you in trouble one day otherwise.
I got angry at people for not even paying attention to my big problem with fixing a2mt.

Yeah i/we spent too much time in-fighting but im gonna partially apoligize for. However if people had just given me a solution beforehand it wouldn't have happened.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

WitherSnow wrote:It's kinda easy to bark orders or say "do it and learn how"
Also it's maybe a bit fucking daunting handling a four+ year old hack project BY MYSELF!
You can bitch and moan in the sidelines but until you help out you should maybe give ideas to solutions or at least not bitch and fucking moan
So don't bark orders at me unless you are willing to help! FUCK!!!
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I would moderate this thread but I realized I don't give a fuck

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

hahaha, I was wondering where you were.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

*sips tea
That crazy voice dude
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I like this topic.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I been wondering. I had an urge to come
here somehow.
Looks like you are the chosen one!
What do you mean?
The chosen one can save save our kingdom
disasters.
How do I learn more?
Head to the next city. They will tell you the re
Okay, I'll try not to get hurt.
Wait do you have a weapon on you?
No, Do you have some?
Lets take a look...
I don't have anything right now...
Where am I supposed to get some weapons?
Try the Forest. Maybe you can find a branch.
Thats not going to help that much.
At least it is better than nothing...
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Wintersnow, what you seem to be missing is that A2MT was abandoned for very good reasons.

This forum has discussed, over and over, how making any progress is an overwhelmingly daunting task, even for people with tons of experience in the most difficult parts. There are so many problems that nobody even knows them all. Problems that would take a SMW expert a lot of long, boring work to fix, while other problems continually get in the way.

Even to just do a handful of easy-sounding jobs, you'd probably find that stuff conflicts with other stuff, which is tied to other stuff, which can't be fixed without other stuff. It's a giant knot of problems, most of which require technical knowledge neither you nor I have.

People have been talking about the possibility of resurrecting A2MT ever since it was cancelled half a year ago. But it's not worthwhile, and eventually everyone realizes it. Some of the earlier calls to resurrect the game had plenty of support, but now everyone knows better.

So when you step in and say "hey, let's fix this"? Don't be surprised that nobody is willing to help you. You're just someone who hasn't figured out yet that it's not worth fixing. Sorry if that sounds mean-spirited or pessimistic, but it's how things are.
Last edited by Ditocoaf 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
WitherSnow

Post by WitherSnow »

Ditocoaf wrote:Wintersnow, what you seem to be missing is that A2MT was abandoned for very good reasons.

We've been over and over how making any progress is an overwhelmingly daunting task, even for people with tons of experience in the most difficult parts. There are so many problems that nobody even knows them all. Problems that would take a SMW expert a lot of long, boring work to fix, while other problems continually get in the way.

People have been talking about the possibility of resurrecting A2MT ever since it was cancelled half a year ago. But it's not worthwhile, and eventually everyone realizes it. Some of the earlier calls to resurrect the game had plenty of support, but now everyone knows better.

So when you step in and say "hey, let's fix this", completely ignoring all of that? Don't be surprised that nobody is willing to help you. You're just someone who hasn't figured out yet that it's not worth fixing.
Makes sense. I just wanna move onto a new thing at this point. (a3mt?)
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

You could help out with JUMP or A2MBXT, take your pick. Alive and kicking those.