(shouting)

Marisa and Alice - touhou forever wants me dead

bittertowncowboy

Re: Marisa and Alice - touhou forever wants me dead

Post by bittertowncowboy »

failure video is better than no video.
at least imo. :C
That little extra bit of raocow nonsense gets me through my piddley work day so much easier~
Carver

Post by Carver »

Since I'll probably never play this I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a failure video, at least it'll show the process of how you (hopefully!) end up beating the level.
CardsOfTheHeart

Post by CardsOfTheHeart »

My preferences:

We have seen two failure videos of the Sakuya stage; I'd prefer not to see any more. We haven't seen you try the boss stage, however, and I'd like to see it.
raocow on December 5, 2008 wrote:You want your plumbing to be rather solid, even if you are using plumbing as a euphemism for something else.
My YouTube Channel
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

CardsOfTheHeart wrote:We haven't seen you try the boss stage, however, and I'd like to see it.
but what if raocow miraculously was able to beat the final boss in 1 video somehow? ruins the tension because he didnt beat sakuya's stage yet.

ahaha...being optimistic for no reason. but seriously, doing the final boss before finishing the rest of the world would ruin the tension. because he would do the boss and we all know what to expect, go back to sakuya, then back to final boss. less 'thrill'
(ex. a friend tells you all about what the movie was like before you watch it. and then you go and watch it)
Daze

Post by Daze »

raocow wrote:-edit-
Upon watching reels from the past three days, I have enough stuff to patch together a little failure video with actual good bits.

It,s better then nothing I suppose!
Indeed it is. :D I guess Sakuya's just refusing to die, but it's been a while since I've seen you attempt her. Any little bit of MariAri helps, though.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

Fail videos are fun :)
Daze

Post by Daze »

TheChrisD wrote:Fail videos are fun :)
For us, at least. ;)
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
kilon

Post by kilon »

How about a fail video today, see how it goes for tomorrow. And if it really starts pissing you of, start with a fail video of the boss.
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

oh god, raging raocow at 4:00 scared me
kilon

Post by kilon »

We feel your pain.

Just know if you want mental support, here we are
Sharkenaa

Post by Sharkenaa »

He was in so much better mood during the final battle, even singing along with the new music again. Well, it is catchy...
Trotim wrote:oh god, raging raocow at 4:00 scared me
Agreed :( That must've been so annoying to accidentally "hit the diamond". Sounds like a board game...
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Having seen both remaining levels and how far raocow got in them, I'm going to say that there are about five days left of this game. Four if the boss level is less painful than it looked like it was going to be.

Marisa and Alice over timer blocks simultaneously with time stops is pretty unfair, though, unless you really can just guide Marisa from above after finishing it with Alice or there's some other easy trick. Of course, judging by what other people have said about the level, there's no easy trick.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

This is for anyone that doesn't have the game and found Patchy showing a little leg in the background intriguing.

Enjoy.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Man, level 8 is just evil ( :twisted: ) - pinpoint timing with any deviation from perfection met with cold hard death - or pointy death or potato man death...etc and not a save state in sight.

However, raocow will not fail us!
Only 2 levels left raocow - we know you can do it!!
Daze

Post by Daze »

GauRocks wrote:Marisa and Alice over timer blocks simultaneously with time stops is pretty unfair, though, unless you really can just guide Marisa from above after finishing it with Alice or there's some other easy trick. Of course, judging by what other people have said about the level, there's no easy trick.
That part looked as if you could get Marisa over her first set of timed blocks while keeping Alice trapped... but I could be wrong. Anyways, the boss battle looks pretty sweet. Deadly, and confusing, but sweet. (Also the background picture. Thanks, Kilga. ;)) The axe near patchouli was pretty comical, in my opinion, even if it kills you. Don't let it get you down, raocow! You'll get it eventually.
-----
-----
cousinoer5

Post by cousinoer5 »

I'm assuming you need to push Medicine on the axe then watch and laugh as they both fall to their fiery doom. The problem is, you're all the way down there, Medicine is all the way up there, and the axe and Patchouli are all the way back down there. So it's basically "This level isn't long enough for my standards, so you must go through it twice!" land. I also love the SMB reference, gotta love the classics.

As for 8-2, ugh, I don't even see what you're supposed to do once you're up at the top where the stars are, it rains daggers there, and those fairies are certain doom if they reach your area, and I'm sure Marisa will be 50 feet behind you so you have to wait and wait and wait and panic and wait. I'm interested in seeing how that pans out as well.

I'm glad it's almost over (even though I liked the game, world 8 is just too over the top with it's difficulty, that should be like extra stage content or something. It's such a huge disconnect from World 7 which is sort of hard but not to the point of spending hours on end ready to smash your mouse). 2 levels left, you can do it, raocow!

And then you can unwind with the greatness that is "An Untitled Story".
Kil

Post by Kil »

Well I saw the final dialogue and It still appears that this game has no storyline or anything worth mentioning except random catchphrases. That's pretty amazing.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

cousinoer5 wrote: And then you can unwind with the greatness that is "An Untitled Story".
Though that's not really much easier (unless you play on a pussy mode).
kilon

Post by kilon »

Trotim wrote:
cousinoer5 wrote: And then you can unwind with the greatness that is "An Untitled Story".
Though that's not really much easier (unless you play on a pussy mode).
ssssssh. Don't let anyone know. They might get scared and run away
Carver

Post by Carver »

That level is nuts, because as far as I can see you probably need to:

1) guide Marisa over to the last "lock in" place

2) get topside and time it right with the faeries to sneak by them

3) somehow unlock and send Marisa on her way while topside

4) get into the room of death and stars (the block is there to stop the faeries) before Marisa hits the red switch and then dodge all the knives until Marisa makes it topside

I would also guess you just hold yourself still somewhere in there and you'll dodge the knives. I can't really see it that well from the video but at the end of the pattern it looks like it hits everywhere except one maybe 2 spots. Perhaps you have to click yourself to hold still right when the mind control is off so you don't run into that final dagger wall.

Edit: actually yeah, checking the video again I bet you have to hold yourself still somewhere around the first star. I think you should walk right through the knives and then the final knife wall part you have to hold yourself still in the middle because it's the last open spot in the pattern.

Absolutely devilish if my theories are correct (they may not be!)
kilon

Post by kilon »

I don't think Marisa can collect the stars... Not sure, but that would make it to easy. Unless Marisa can be killed by the daggers as well.

Otherwise you need to find some sort of pattern in the daggers which will be unfairly difficult and the most insane timing yet.

Honestly, I have no idea. :(

Oh, and awesome editing in the beginning.
Kei1ro

Post by Kei1ro »

Thats... A lot of daggers..
ImageImage
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I think that it should just be one more video, with more cutting right back until raocow gets farther, not cut back when he dies.

Or whatever.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

I liked all the cuts on raocow's intro...just goes to show you how long he's been trying to beat this thing :P
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

multi remix intro of intros, lol.

the timing thing is really crazy. but all those dagger dodging at the end will be more annoying, unless theres a really simple pattern to it that will take you many tries to figure out (or prior planning)