(shouting)

-Overworld Opening-

Half a jump is still a jump
aterraformer

-Overworld Opening-

Post by aterraformer »

It's that time. I have held off allowing for this because I didn't want the issues that occurred during JUMP. We have a fairly good assessment on levels this time around so we should be able to do this all in one go.

ft029's doc
Pyro's world listing
lolyoshi's old level theme list

-Main Guideline-
World 1A: The first section will be outside starting with lolyoshi's Beginner Friendly. Will also include Pyro's Jank Town USA and Mandew's Home Run Derby. This can be on the main overworld or on its own submap.

World 1B: This is the cave section. It will be on the lower level with a top level being part of world 5. I wanted there to be a secret exit shortcut to this world but I don't think there is anything cryptic/hard/switch required enough for all that. [Music: Undertale - Ruins] [Claimed by ft029]

World 2: Sky/Mountain. Starts out with like a "balcony". Bottom of overworld. [music: Spitz - Robinson] [Claimed by Koopster/Lazy]

World 3: Valley in the middle of the two mountains. This world contains water, swamp, beach, and desert. Maybe we could do a second submap in the middle for an underwater city/ruins type area? Not enough levels like this but I think it could be a really neat section! [Claimed by Koopster/Lazy]

World 4A: The more difficult cliffs on the top of the overworld. [Claimed by Koopster/Lazy]

World 4B: Obligatory ice world. This will probably be the connection to world 7 because really high. [music: Suzumiya Haruhi - Bouken Desho Desho (weeb song idc heard it only SMW so it's all good, k?) [Claimed by FrozenQuills]

World 5: This will be the top level of cave submap world 1. This could possibly be 2 submaps depending on world 3. Potentially could start on the main overworld too, leading back to the bottom of the map. [Music: Undertale - Ruins] [Claimed by ft029]

World 6: Some sort of Bowser land area. I'm guessing lava volcano thingy because that's the usual deal but maybe like a castle map or something? [Claimed by Pyro]

World 7: Post-game. Probably space themed. Could be surrealish. [Claimed by GlitchMr]

As you can see, I'm going for a more larger and less worlds feel theme thing. The separation of worlds 1 and 4 isn't like JUMP, this one will be more linear, I suppose. I don't think I want a classic star road for this hack. My idea is that instead, for quick travel, possibly after a certain point in the hack, warps will pop up around the maps. They could either go back and forth or I remember seeing some hacks use one star that you continually enter to move around. Think of teleporter rooms in a Metroid or modern 2D Castlevania (sans Adventure Rebirth).

Edit: Depending on popularity, I may make it one map per person or something??? I dunno if this is something I should do or not lol. Also, music isn't necessarily final but y'all know I like my old ports.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Koopster
judge of u

Re: -Overworld Opening-

Post by Koopster »

i completely forgot about this hack sorry

Yo I'm interested in crafting up something!!
I prefer working with the main map, but I'm ok with designing submaps if somebody else has a lot of interest in that.

Also sketches are pretty cool, especially for the main overworld. I suppose if people wanna try sketching stuff even if they don't want to design themselves that would be nice

Speaking of levels, is there a secret exit list? :?
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

I'd like to take a stab at the bowser submap tbh

Also yeah I'll whip up a quick secret exit list (at least the ones I know of)

Hot Kickin'
Spooky Cave*
JUMPING TIME
Midday and Midnight
Dynamic Dungeon
The Lost Lotus Forest
Calignous Coppice
Curse of Discontinuity
Cave of the Latin Alphabet
very cold rocks*
B, R, Y
TITANTIC
Treehouse of ParaKoopa*
MegaloBrawlerMania
BRICK JOKE
THROW
TAKE A HIKE

* a bad secret exit that probably should be removed.

I probably missed some, plus all levels are not submitted yet so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lazy_ »

Koopster wrote:I prefer working with the main map, but I'm ok with designing submaps if somebody else has a lot of interest in that.
I've been interested in doing the main map too, but I still have a level to finish and I want to do some music stuff too so idk?? Maybe we could collaborate
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
Koopster
judge of u

Post by Koopster »

Lazy_ wrote:
Koopster wrote:I prefer working with the main map, but I'm ok with designing submaps if somebody else has a lot of interest in that.
I've been interested in doing the main map too, but I still have a level to finish and I want to do some music stuff too so idk?? Maybe we could collaborate
I'm down!
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lazy_ »

Cool! I suggest you join the discord so we can chat. Most of the relevant discussion is happening on there anyway
Last edited by Lazy_ 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Claiming the cave. I've never been very good with aesthetic, but I can provide a sort of backbone I guess.
Mosts Awards:
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Can I claim world 4b/ice?
(is this a submap or on the main map?)
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

FrozenQuills wrote:Can I claim world 4b/ice?
(is this a submap or on the main map?)
Ice is the submap section of world 4 (or possibly just world 5 as Pyro is suggesting). Either way, submap.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Claiming World Abstract/Special/Space so I won't forget.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

http://pastebin.com/raw/HtfQKzaG is less outdated.

On my overworld (extremely rough, only on Discord), I made "very cold rocks" only have one exit because we have way too many secret exits in world 4B, and the secret exit of that level feels tacked on.
Mosts Awards: