v2.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
The Levelsv2.zip
eversion v2
(777.06 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: [007] TLVS (The Levels)

Post by ft029 »

Attached are two movies, one the normal exit, the other the secret (I had to look through lunar magic)

The normal exit is bland. But the secret exit. I have lost my patience. I have to repeat the most boring sections ever, and then after that go into some bs section where the palettes are screwing with my eyes, I cannot see bullets until they're right in front of me, and it is impossible to distinguish actual boos and boos that are layer 2. Plus the ridiculous length.

This level did not make my day at all, and even though I like replaying levels I won't be replaying this one...

fix it up! Based on the movie you can see what issues I had. One big issue is consistency--not knowing what leads where and such; also some traps are just mean. That one pipe from the secret exit that leads you all the way back is very, very dumb. Also that one pipe that just puts you into a muncher (in the first red level, near the beginning).

I'd like to see some more creative design and setups, maybe less cramped areas, and less useless pits to die into. Also some powerups in the secret exit would be appreciated. Also going through some pipes takes very long, and my patience is already very low. Furthermore the palette in the secret area gave my eyes a beating.

This has great potential but the execution is very poor. Sorry about the harsh criticism but frankly I'm mad at this level. I hope others can have more positive experiences.
Attachments
pokerface1.zip
(232.99 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Mosts Awards:
PokerFace

Post by PokerFace »

I can't speak English very well

구글 번역(google translate)에 도움을 받아 내용을 읽어봤다.
당신의 의견을 들었다(I heard your opinions.)

이 레벨을 제작 할 때 "eversion"가 모티브이다.
4가지(TLVS)의 변화를 통해 일반길(Normal Exits)과 비밀길(Secret Exits)을 이용한 레벨을 제작하려 했다.
테스트도 해보고 제작했었다.

하지만 그 결과는 너무 지루하고 쓸모없이 복잡한 레벨(Level)이다.

당신에게 지루하고 레벨을 플레이 하게 만들어서 죄송합니다.
그 비판은 가혹한 건 아니다.
내가 제작을 지루하게 해서 그렇다.

그래서 TLVS 레벨을 버리고 처음부터 만들라고 한다.

당신의 의견에 정말 감사합니다.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

No, the level shouldn't be discarded completely--that's probably a week or more of work. (Many of the aesthetics are amazing!) I understand the motif as well, turning from nice grassland to a spooky area. But the design can definitely be polished by making parts less bland or having less waiting (many parts of the level are waiting based. Also, apart from the "4 level gimmick", the level is very standard walking over land. On the creativity/design standpoint, the secret exit path is well-made. The obstacles are thought out and kind of fun to go through, with the only issues being the palettes making the bullet bills hard to see, and the super boring section you must repeat to get to the secret path itself.) Especially some pipes--some just take random curves that only prolong playing time for no reason.

This level has tons of potential. It is difficult to communicate individual ideas on this forum; maybe worldpeace125 can help?
Mosts Awards:
PokerFace

[7] Treehouse of ParaKoopa

Post by PokerFace »

처음부터 만든 다른 레벨입니다-ㅅ-;;
Secret Exits:Yes
Attachments
Treehouse of ParaKoopa.zip
(900.97 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Oh. The other level was very beautiful, I'm sad to see you scrapped it :(
Even though I had a lot of criticism, that doesn't mean the level is bad. It just means that there is so much improvement and potential.

Here is a video of the new level. I don't have that much to say as most of it is presented in my gameplay. I would like to point out that there should be an arrow pointing to the secret exit at the end as some people might not realize that touching the right side of the screen teleports you. Also, maybe have a fireflower at the midway spawn point instead of an item box.

Otherwise, pretty solid level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlUh21I ... e=youtu.be
Mosts Awards:
PokerFace

Re: [7] Treehouse of ParaKoopa v2

Post by PokerFace »

Full Yoshi Coin+Secret Exit
https://youtu.be/o0FVXOHwPNo

No Item
https://youtu.be/cJp40WELdjc

난 TLVS의 레벨을 어떻게 수정할지 더 이상 생각나지 않았다(개선의 가능성이 있어도 너무 복잡해서 그 레벨을 버렸다)
그리고 당신의 의견을 들었습니다.
Attachments
Treehouse of ParaKoopa v2.zip
(901.12 KiB) Downloaded 57 times