(shouting)

[131] F is for Fire

Half a jump is still a jump
Rockythetigre

[131] F is for Fire

Post by Rockythetigre »

Fire is dangerous!

Uh, here's the level I build. It's not really finished since my intended way of getting the secret exit did not make that much sense. So it's either going to be just 1 exit, or I'm using another way to make the berries useful.

I hope you enjoy it! I'm indecisive whether the name will be F is for Fire or ohmygodimonfire.
Attachments
ohmygodimonfire.ips
(945.53 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Re: [131] F is for Fire

Post by mellonpizza »

It's clear there was very little effort put into this level.

The first half is acceptable but the lava palette is awful and the thwimp and ball n chain have gfx garbage.

The second half has garbage graphics and garbage palette. There's no consistent theme, it feels really bizarre.

I hate to be harsh but this is not an acceptable level. Please revise it.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

I like this level, although I do question why does No Yoshi level has Yoshi in it, and the fact you can get stuck here if a player is stupid and spinjumps a shell. Sure, the level is very Youtubish, but that's not a problem for me.
ohmygodimonfire_00001.png
ohmygodimonfire_00001.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
mellonpizza wrote:the lava palette is awful
mellonpizza wrote:and garbage palette
Is... it really that bad? I mean, it's not a palette a good level would have, but aterraformer gave an implicit explicit approval on bad palettes "so long as they don't hurt eyes at least."

There is a consistent theme from what I've seen, stuff is on fire, simple as that.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

era64 wrote:Is... it really that bad? I mean, it's not a palette a good level would have, but aterraformer gave an implicit explicit approval on bad palettes "so long as they don't hurt eyes at least."

There is a consistent theme from what I've seen, stuff is on fire, simple as that.
I didn't see a theme of things being on fire in the first half minus lava and weird gfx replaced podoboos, and it's twice as long as the second part. The jumping flames don't really give an impression of things being on fire since it's an unmodified sprite and nothing else in the level indicates it as well.

The palettes could be worse but there's no reason for them to be bad. If the level was being satire or avant-garde it'd make sense but it just comes off as poor design here. My guess is he doesn't know how to edit palettes properly or something.

For the most part I find no issue with the first half. You could extend the gfx replacements of things being on fire to the first, or have an explanation of why stuff catches on fire in the second.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Rockythetigre

Post by Rockythetigre »

Thank you very much for your comments!

I have an update :D
Attachments
v2.ips
(946.78 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Rockythetigre

Post by Rockythetigre »

Fixed the level!

-added music (because normal music is boring)
-changed BG so it looks more deserty
-instead of an ips, it's now mwls
-fixed some level design flaws
-removed no-yoshi intro
V3 - Fire.zip
(633.94 KiB) Downloaded 115 times