(shouting)

[C] BRICK JOKE

Half a jump is still a jump
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

[C] BRICK JOKE

Post by Sugar »

Endgame SMB3 style cave level full of blue Koopas. 2 exits. 5 Dragon Coins. I tried to make this a Morsel's World 5 difficulty, but it's probably easier than that :-).
The attachment JUMP_00005.png is no longer available
Apparently spoiler contents appear while loading a page, so here are fake contents just because.

Inspired by SHELL FESTIVAL (VIP2), Copy Kitty, Super Mario Bros. 1, Think Fast! (old JUMP base ROM), Manky Bridge (JUMP), -CHARGE!- or -FIRE!-? (JUMP), Crumbling Your Problems Away (JUMP), a cheat in Super Mario Crossover to make all tiles bricks.

I'm aware of buggy custom bricks, will figure out later why they don't work well in vertical levels.
Attachments
JUMP_00005.png
JUMP_00005.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Last edited by Sugar 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
worldpeace125

Re: [C] BRICK JOKE

Post by worldpeace125 »

Chaotic in a good way!
It was pretty confusing for the first time because I expected purple triangles would be also shattered by shells. I usually don't like shells placed right next to blue koopas so they'll be kicked so fast from offscreen. But then again, there are purple triangles implying upcoming shells. So I'd say it's okay.
Since nothing indicates shells already kicked under the screen in the 2nd half, one has to deal with them blind. However the capes are too powerful to be stopped by such shells. Rushing with pressing X/Y was pretty enjoyable.

I'll try to get dragon coins later.
About the secret, I opened your inspiration list before playing this level, so I found it easily. Though that entrance was super neat!

era64 wrote:
I'm aware of buggy custom bricks, will figure out later why they don't work well in vertical levels.

$99 and $9B needs to be swapped in vertical levels because their roles are changed. I remember $98 and $9A will remain unchanged (confirmation needed). For example, the Y position is ($98, $99) in horizontal levels and ($98, $9B) in vertical levels.