only 1 exit

Feel free to give any feedback.
Attachments
pe-er pressure.zip
(334.81 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
aterraformer

Re: [level 101] Pe-er Pressure

Post by aterraformer »

Not much to say really, it's a good level. One thing maybe the end of screen E. I feel like it makes you wait longer than it should. I also feel like the time limit isn't really a difficult thing until the very last section. Those two things could be just me though and not really too big of a deal anyway.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

aterraformer wrote:One thing maybe the end of screen E. I feel like it makes you wait longer than it should.
I thought too, but didn't think it mattered too much.
Attachments
101v2.zip
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

It really didn't, I was stretching. Anyways, good update. You made at least one speedrunner to play this hack in the future very happy. Someone please make a flushing sound effect for the doors!!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

(I sort of recognize this gimmick :))

Anyway, what can I say. You probably did a better job on it than me back when I made a level with this gimmick. The level is hard, but not particularly so, and the difficulty curve increases somewhat in a level (basic concept, and then testing mastery of it).
Someone please make a flushing sound effect for the doors!!
Wasn't that supposed to be mostly vanilla VIP-like ROM hack. I don't remember special sound effects in VIP myself.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

era64 wrote:Wasn't that supposed to be mostly vanilla VIP-like ROM hack. I don't remember special sound effects in VIP myself.
lol I know but dammit! It was the original idea and it would fit so well. I don't know what I want anymore.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

aterraformer wrote:It really didn't, I was stretching. Anyways, good update. You made at least one speedrunner to play this hack in the future very happy. Someone please make a flushing sound effect for the doors!!
This is the flushing sfx used in JUMP 1, if you consider using it. Here is a short instruction.
1) insert the txt file in 1DF9 folder
2) insert the brr file in the BGM: clone the song played by this level and replace the 13th brr (thunder) with this brr, by using the #samples command
3) play the sfx with uberasm
I can do this if you want.
Attachments
toilet.zip
(27.4 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Nao
Pronouns: he

Post by Nao »

This is great, just like I expected. One little thing:
I jumped down there blindly because I assumed there was ground there on my first try. It's probably not worth fixing because a careful player should remember that platform that they saw 5 seconds ago, however I didn't.