(shouting)

JUMP½ Main Discussion, Rules and Base ROM

Half a jump is still a jump
aterraformer

Re: JUMP½ Main Discussion, Rules and Base ROM

Post by aterraformer »

If discord tickles your fancy, feel free to request me a link. We might as well use it too because I know some here don't like skype. Maybe we'll just move there, I don't know. It is all very new.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Sorry for the damn near month delay. Here's v0.05.3. Iso's dinosaur level is in but I'm leaning towards it just being a non-level hut place. As for era64's levels, your request for removal of the first two have been declined. I want them. I feel like for your second level, it should be world 2-1. Just the first half of course.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

What if color a dinosaur fulfills a similar role that the suspicious warehouse did in JUMP?
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

mellonpizza wrote:What if color a dinosaur fulfills a similar role that the suspicious warehouse did in JUMP?
Yep
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

aterraformer wrote:Sorry for the damn near month delay. Here's v0.05.3. Iso's dinosaur level is in but I'm leaning towards it just being a non-level hut place. As for era64's levels, your request for removal of the first two have been declined. I want them. I feel like for your second level, it should be world 2-1. Just the first half of course.
Fair. 7.8 had intentionally bad level design (it was an experiment in how far I could go with it while making it fair). Back when I suggested that, I forgot that I made this level specifically because of what this collab was. It's not a "good" (by SMWC standards) level, but it fits here.

Please don't remove it.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

If you are trying to patch uberASM in ver 0.05.3, make sure that the status bar hijacking is off. Open asar_patch.asm in uberASM folder, then set !statusbar to !false.

Code: Select all

;Hihack list
!level     = !true
!OW        = !true
!nmi       = !true
!statusbar = !false
!global    = !true
!sprite    = !true
!gamemode  = !true
Otherwise, the game will crash.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

So I checked the base ROM, and tiles 6AA-6AF weren't applied. It's not a big deal, but I'm reuploading those, to not make you download my 500KB file again. I also included level files, although the only difference is the music, so feel free to replace music in 00C and 04E with 4E, if that's easier for you.
Attachments
BRICK JOKE.zip
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Extension patch, shouldn't conflict with any other patches.
7FAC00-7FAC8F will be the absolute max ram used by this patch, but I only expect it to use a few 12-byte tables at most.
(Removed temporarily in order to get some things working first, I will post a complete file later in another post.)
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Updated the pipes.
-Fixed issue of carried sprites not going behind layer 1
-Fixed some wrong variables for exiting the bottom of a normal green vertical pipe (Mario's position was wrong)
-Tested to be working for sure
-Includes blocks needed to change and levelasm (Doesn't include other needed tiles, but those are already in the baserom)
Attachments
PipeBlocks0.2.zip
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Koopster
judge of u

Post by Koopster »

HEY I realised I have a level lying around here that might suit this collab. I made it for a 5-level pretentious hack that I started and intended to finish in the duration of a C3. I got 3 levels for it done, but one is pretty bland and the other relies heavily on SA-1. I never showed them to anyone I believe!?
The level is technically done but I think I'll want to tweak it a bunch before I send it, since it was obviously rushed and there's some setups in it that don't work very well

You guys don't mind sampled music right??
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Just a friendly reminder about the Discord. If you aren't in already and you have or are willing to start using Discord, please let me know! Would be really nice to have everyone it.
Koopster wrote:You guys don't mind sampled music right??
Of course not.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

New (monthly) base is here. Pyro's Super Happy Fun Shell Thowing Hell is currently broken in the base as the shell that's supposed to be caught even while moving fast isn't working properly and I'm not quite sure the issue. Everything else should be okay, or it was just the very first thing I inserted and I'll have to port again!
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

aterraformer wrote:Pyro's Super Happy Fun Shell Thowing Hell is currently broken in the base as the shell that's supposed to be caught even while moving fast isn't working properly and I'm not quite sure the issue.
The shell is just supposed to not be killed with a spinjump, but keep all its other original properties. The version you have might be the first version I made in which it can't hurt mario and bounces off him on contact.
Agent_Q
I wish I could put a cute icon here.

Post by Agent_Q »

Hey there guys, I'm interested in making a level for this project.
Are there still spaces available?
Also I couldn't seem to find a deadline for the creation of levels, do you guys have one?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Agent_Q wrote:Hey there guys, I'm interested in making a level for this project.
Are there still spaces available?
Also I couldn't seem to find a deadline for the creation of levels, do you guys have one?
Welcome! As for spaces, check the spreadsheets on this thread and claim what you need.
Agent_Q
I wish I could put a cute icon here.

Post by Agent_Q »

Thanks for the welcome worldpeace. Thing is, I won't be able to actually get work done on my level until about a month (I already have the idea in my head though and the sprites that will be used.) I'm experiencing some complications with my eye sight.
At the same time I'd love to be a part of the project but don't want to slow things down.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Agent_Q wrote:Thanks for the welcome worldpeace. Thing is, I won't be able to actually get work done on my level until about a month (I already have the idea in my head though and the sprites that will be used.) I'm experiencing some complications with my eye sight.
At the same time I'd love to be a part of the project but don't want to slow things down.
We're still in the starting stages so you have plenty of time to finish your level, don't worry.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

A Lazy level was missing: v0.07.1
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

With that, there should be 3 level slots left: 7, 104, and 137. I say 7 because hopefully we will be able to do the same as JUMP and use sublevels in conjunction with level 24 to make separate levels for different worlds, Color a Dinosaur included. We also have 2 multiperson levels that we could start thinking about: an old fashioned Bowser's Castle and an RNG type level like Boon's Mechanical Mansion. If need be, these ideas can be combined, bringing the open level count up to 4 with level 124.

There's a lot of levels people seem to forgot about! So hey, last call before deadline and I start hunting people down. Please, make my life easier! Check the claims list, make sure there are no excess. Show progress, because once all levels are filled, chances are high more people will still want levels. Don't let your slot get passed over. Do a thing.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

NO MORE SECRET EXITS
If you have a pointless secret that doesn't add much to your level, it is encouraged that you scrap it. Thank you.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

If you need the latest ASM hacks explained on the library thread as soon as possible, copy/paste these files into your project folder then apply PATCH/asar_patch.asm only. Or just use insert.bat. If your level uses level ASM, you have to replace uberASM/hijacks/level.asm before applying uberASM/asar_patch.asm as usual.
Attachments
asar_patch.zip
(286.21 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

ASM update: Fixed the SRAM init routine to prevent the issue found in some of real hardwares. It's replaced with the same one of JUMP v1.04.

Follow the instruction to insert patches (to aterraformer or anyone else who wants to use the latest features in advance).
Attachments
asar_patch_update.zip
(286.87 KiB) Downloaded 140 times